In the Service of Cyre

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=Dev] You take some of the Prince's clothes out of the chambers and, asking where you can get them cleaned, are directed to a large hall on the other side of the castle. This long hall looks like it is usually used for smaller feasts, as it has two great hearths and beautiful tapestries hung on the walls. This early evening, however, it has been converted into a workstation for the washerwomen. Two massive tubs sit in the middle, with a woman and her daughter manning one each. Another woman sits at one of the trestle benches, mending a shirt. Three great lines cross the room, each heavy with drying clothes.

The old woman doing the mending looks up at you when you walk in.

"That some clothes from the Prince's party? Throw them on the table here, we'll get'em nice for ya before mornin'.

[sblock=ooc] You can try and distract the washingwomen and steal some clothes off of the clothes line. This will involve selecting an outfit to snatch, making a bluff check to distract them from looking your direction, and then making a thievery check to snatch the clothes off the line subtly. The outfit you select will determine the DCs of Bluff (how easily noticed the outfit is) and Thievery (how many pieces the outfit comes in, making it harder to snatch).

Your Options:
-A very nice outfit that could only belong to the Baron
-Livery matching that which Shel was wearing when he came to meet you.
-A stableboy's outfit
-A servingwoman's garments[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=ShaggyGM]Dev nods negligently and tosses the Prince's clothes onto the table...but rather inaccurately...as he moves past it. They hit the edge and tumble onto the floor.

"Damn and blast my aim!" he curses...but because he moved past the table, the two washwomen are now closer to the fallen clothes than he. (Bluff to distract at +10)

As the women react to this, Dev quickly scans the line and with deft fingers that belie the clumsiness he seemed to show a moment ago, undoes the clips holding a servingwoman's dress up. He doesn't bother with the slip or undergarments that might otherwise go with it...this disguise need only be skin deep. Using his body to shield the movement of the dress from the washing women so as not to distract them, he quickly rolls the garment up into a tight tube and slips it under his jacket. (Thievery +9)

As the two women recover the Prince's garb he gives them a grateful bow with a rueful, charming smile. "Many thanks, ladies. The Prince would have my head if he knew I'd tumbled his favorite clothes on the floor." He sighs and adds, "I'd best be off now. Blessings of the gods on you both."

(OOC - Invisible Castle is still down. Feel free to make the rolls if you like, or if there's another dice roller I'll be happy to use it. Since these are opposed rolls, I suspect taking 10 isn't an option, yes? :))[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Hello, Thom. Yes, you know me. Always likes to be prepared and looking for travel rituals." Varis says with a laugh as the wizard enters.

[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=Shaggy]Dev returns to his chamber and briskly changes clothes. A moment later he changes shapes to fill out that dress a bit better. A pretty young maid with wide, dark eyes that look slightly surprised all the time, and rosebud lips. She emerges with Dev's breakfast tray in hand to bring it down to the kitchen.

In the kitchen she keeps her nose down and her ears open as she does a few odd jobs helping the cook or other preparers. Occasionally she asks a question or makes a comment intended to steer the conversation towards the missing Baron and why he had to leave so suddenly.

Finally she tries to slip out, bearing a snack or drink of some kind...intending to track down Shel and ply him for more.

(OOC - Again, InvisCastle is down, but I figure she would need a Bluff/Disguise roll to maintain her ruse in the kitchen, a Streetwise roll perhaps to sift for rumors, and either Bluff or Stealth to get out and look up Shel.[/sblock]

Alaric, now relaxing in a wide, heavy chair, speaks up.

"Varis! What do you think of all this undead business? Are there any rituals you magic-users should be preparing?"

Dekana

Explorer
Kraken, now resting against a wall near the door, seems unnerved by Alaric's question.

"Rituals? Does... does it take special magic to destroy the undead?"

Alaric, confidently: "It's not the undead I'm worried about. Our swords ought to make short work of whatever zombies wander across the border. I'm more concerned with the possibilities of an ambush. If we become separated from Commander Blade's troops, we'll be on our own. I think we would be right to be prepared."

Walking Dad

First Post
"I'm not a real wizard or ritualist myself. My greater control of my dragonmark just allows me to learn and perform some travel rituals. And to harness thunder and lightning in a fight. What is good, because I'm not that good with weapons." Varis adds the last with a laugh. Then he looks at Thom: "Have you any useful rituals in the fancy spellbook of yours?"

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis
Perception: 15 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 16
Hit Points: 26/26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 8/8
At-Will Powers: Burning Spray, Lightning Strike
Encounter Powers: Vicious Mockery, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Howling Tempest