In the World of Chaos - (Warhammer) - Ended

Widowmaker

First Post
Magnus and Wolfgang

Durgan nods at the mention of Wolfgangs comment. He then looks Magnus straight in the eyes. "The Duke is a dangerous man. He knows information on many wish to keep secret. There isn't much that goes on in the Empire that he does not know."

Durgan slowly takes a sip and continues "The Duke they also say is a mage. Although I have never seen any evidence of such. They also say he is willing to kill any that get in his way."

Eva slowly rolls her eyes at Durgans last comments. She interupts Durgan "Forgive Durgan sometimes he speaks before he thinks. Durgan is just afraid of such a powerful man."

Durgan looks at the woman for a moment and lets the comment pass.

Eva continues "Durgan doesn't lie though. The Duke is a powerful man and they say he maybe the next Emperor."

Before you know it most of your food is gone. And your glass is almost empty. As you look around for the barmaid. You notice the halfling woman walking over. She careful appraoches your table.

She leans in so that only the four of you can hear what she says. "You are invited to come over and speak. My Lord has business he would like to speak you about."

Durgan grunts at the sound of her invitation.

As you look back over at the table you notice the man in the armor collecting chairs to you all may sit.

Wolfgang looks over Durgan and Eva then at Magnus and shrugs his shoulders. He says to Magnus

" I don't think we have anything pressing to do right now and we might be able to learn something of this powerful Lord. I also wouldn't mind hearing some stories from that Halfling girl. I am sure they would make for a good laugh."

Before waiting for a reply he shovels the rest of the food down and drains his mug of ale.

Starman

Adventurer
Magnus shrugs and stands up. Grabbing his gear, he starts to walk over to where the Duke is sitting. He leans over to Wolfgang and says in a low voice, "Just try not to get us in trouble like you did in that little village a couple of weeks ago, all right?"

Widowmaker

First Post
Before he can comment Wolfgang is already at the table.

Durgan looks over at Eva with a look of concern. Eva just shrugs, then stands and walks over to the table. Durgan follows behind with his mug of ale in hand.

As you take your seats the man in red starts talking. “Let me introduce myself I am Graf Lars Von Talab. I am in need of men of your skill and expertise.”

“About a year ago the Archaon’s forces led an assault at Zhedevka in Kislev. My son was amongst those that were at that battle. Recently I have learned that my son is still alive. I want you to bring him back to me” the Graf says with a serious and powerful voice.

Slowly the Graf takes a sip of wine and then continues “He was amongst the few lancers that survived the battle. I believe even now he fights a war against the Archaon’s forces. He is my only son and heir to Talabheim. I cannot risk sending an army to Kislev, but a small group like you should be able to succeed.”

The Graf takes another sip of wine and continues “You are probably wondering how I know my son is still alive?” He nods to the halfling woman on his right. She empties Eldillor’s red sack on the table. A human skull drops out of the bag. Upon the skull are runes, runes like you have never seen before.

The Graf continues “This is the skull of an Empire soldier. The ruins are those of Norther’s who attacked Zhedevka. It says that there is bounty on my son’s life. More exactly is says that any man who can kill the “Ghost Rider of Talab” will be granted his own army. My son is the only one who was allowed to ride a white charger. And the only one allowed to wear the white armor of Talab.”

“Now you are wondering why you should do this. I can only say it may be advantageous to have a future Elector Count owe you a favor. And besides I will pay you. I will give you until morning to think about it” the Graf states and walks away. Konrad, the amred and armored bodyguard, and the halfling woman follow behind the Graf as he makes his way upstairs. Leaving the other nice dressed man at the table.

“I am Volker, the Graf’s aide. He has entrusted me to tell you that you will not be alone on this mission. Eldillor and Janna, the halfling, will accompany you on your journey. Should you need any supplies simply ask Rorq, the innkeeper, and he will get you what you need. I advise you not to turn this down. As advantageous as it is to have an Elector Count as a friend, it is dangerous to have one as an enemy. Good night.” Volker slowly saunters away.

Starman

Adventurer
Magnus picks up the skull and examines it. "Interesting," he murmers. He tosses it up in the air and catches it.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but the thought of heading into unknown territory, surrounded by enemies, in constant danger of death or worse, and no doubt not being told everything by our employer sounds...well, it sounds like fun. I'm in." The wizard flashes Eva another grin.

Wolfgang stands up and says " Well this sounds more exciting then anything going on around here. I'm in. It will be nice traveling with somebody other then just him. (pointing to Magnus ) He gets kind of boring."

He starts laughing and slaps Magnus on the back.

He says to the group " I really look forward to seeing Janna in action. I don't see to many Halfling women fighters, even in the pits."

Starman

Adventurer
"It's good that you don't let your meager intellect stop you from trying new jokes, my brawny friend. It's just too bad that it does prevent you from coming up with funny ones," Magnus says with mock sincerity.

Widowmaker

First Post
Eva looks over at the skull and states "The writing on the skull is that of Old Norther. It is the language of the Chaos humans. I cannot read it but I have seen it a few a times in my studies. From what I remember the skull symbolizes a Warlord issuing a challenge or message. Whoever wrote the message is very powerful. We should keep it, but be warned it is Chaos touched."

Durgan finishes his mug, ale spilling down onto his beard. He wipes the ale from his chin. "I have seen what those Northers can do. It is not pretty. I would be proud to kill a few Northers, my cousin was killed by them. Revenge!!!!" He says with a crazed look in his eyes.

"Careful Durgan, don't let your anger get a hold of you like last time." Eva states. She then looks at the two of you "We have plenty of supplies. We have a couple of horses in the stable. All we need for supplies is some food. I will speak to Rorq about this." Eva stands and walks towards the bar.

Durgan states to the both of you. "I don't like elves. I am going to sleep. Why don't you figure out what you are going need. And while you are at it, talk to the elf." Durgan stands and walks towards the stairs.

Starman

Adventurer
Magnus raises an eyebrow when Eva describes the skull as "chaos-touched." He stows it in his backpack. This will warrant study later, he thinks.

After Durgan walks off, Magnus says to Wolfgang in a low tone, "I hope that drunkard doesn't think we're his little lackeys to order around. I am magi; I do what I will. However, I am curious about what this elf has seen, so I will talk to him of my own volition. What say you, Wolfgang?"

Wolfgang looks to Magnus and says " When I first seen that skull I knew something wasn't right. I am not scared but we do need to keep a close eye out. They are not telling us everything and that could be dangerous."

He glances over and watches Durgan walk up the stairs then says to Magnus " I think our drunk friend has something against the Northers." in a sarcastis tone. " I wouldn't worry to much about him but he could get us into trouble later with that temper."

He nods over at Eldillor " Let's see what we can find out from the elf then get some sleep."

Remove ads