• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Incarnum CAmpaign Anyone?

D.Shaffer

First Post
Just saw this and it looks interesting. Was wondering if you were still taking people? I was thinking of taking a Totemist/Barbarian type (Going into Totemic Rager), although I'm not sure where that would fit into the scheme of things.

As an alternative, I was thinking of going for a more Knight like archetype, although I'm not sure how well mounted combat would go with Incarnum. (Possibly Fighter/Incarnate going into Incarnum Blade)

Pyrex

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Hey now, there's our tank! ;)

Pretty much.

I'm currently leaning towards LN and definately not nice. One o' them less pleasant types that does the less pleasant jobs the Sapphire Heirarchs need done. :]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
sorry about the delay in posting - im having connection problems at the moment. it should be fixed soon, though id rather wait until its fixed to begin (could eb a few weeks as yet)

nice to see more variety in characters :)

Atotemic rager would be no different to a barbarian/druid in a normal party from 'civilised' lands. you could be an outside agent, of sprts, for the Hierarchs.

Pure soulborn sounds like atank to me :)

Pyrex

First Post
Turns out Soulborn can't have a neutral alignment component so I'll likely be going LG. I should have a draft to post by monday or so.

moritheil

First Post
It turns out that dropping 17 cha to a 16 is a very good move, as it allows 10 str to turn into a 13. :p I am thus done with my tweaking.

Have we a gallery yet?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
According to Nalfeshnee's previous post, internet problems might delay him for another couple of weeks. So we might need to chill for a bit. Maybe we can nit-pick each other's character sheets while we're waiting. ;)

moritheil

First Post
Isida - Do you generally find that it is best to take an array of better than average stats, or try to focus on a few? I tend towards the latter, but Question's proposal has me thinking about general efficiency.

Pyrex

First Post
I prefer somewhere inbetween.

Given a point-buy system 14 is the obvious sweet-spot for stats; as 16's & 18's are progressively more expensive.

My general philosophy for point-buy is no more than one 16; and nothing higher than that unless you're playing Wiz/Sor, in which case you want one 18.

I also don't like stat penalties, so the array I'm using for my character is:
16/14/14/14/10/10

Remove ads