• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Increase in trolling?

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I'm more convinced with every thread and post that there is intentional trolling at play. You mods, (especially Umbran and Morrus), have my sympathy and moral support. I'm avoiding responding to the trolling with my support for ENWorld moderation because I know that only makes your jobs harder and encourages the trolls to continue.

I've added four people to my ignore list. Those four are prolific posters, but they just are not interested in being nice members of the community. I'm sad that y'all have to actually read and deal with the crap.
Seconded (and XP sent). I'm just not seeing it; the cries of "why so serious" pretty much spelled it out to me. I don't have any poster on ignore, so I'll continue to report the rare post here and there, most likely; though if things do get better, I'll be happy, of course. I've got little hope that that'll be the case, but I'm open to it, if it does happen. (And if I need to change my reporting standards, feel free to let me know.)

Tom Strickland

First Post
The "negative fuzzies" seekers--in contrast to those happy "warm fuzzies (feelings)" wallowers--seemingly validate the purported truism that "any fuzzies are better than no fuzzies at all". But "at what cost" victims and bystanders wonder when beholding such cringe-inducing communication?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Cluttering does not count as trolling.

If enough folks have a problem, we may ask them to keep the OT posts towards the geek end of the spectrum.

Cluttering does not count as trolling.

If enough folks have a problem, we may ask them to keep the OT posts towards the geek end of the spectrum.

trolling may may be a rash conclusion on my part. It just all feels very off-topic to me. And it feels like we have a huge influx of new posters with a zesty attitude. I think it's the numbers that caught my attention.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Off topic stuff belongs in the off topic forum, so that's fine. If that forum gets busier we might split it. But it's not busy enough for that at present.

Remove ads