Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
lmao!

Ok, for the record, I'll take being physically abused by the DM. I will not, however, under any circumstances, be his beeatch.

industrygothica

Adventurer
IC update is up. Sorry for the delay, but I was trying to come up with something unique to get the party back together, and I thought it might be fun to take a look at everything from a slightly different perspective, but still give you a clue as to what's going on.

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

Can I call a time out? Not an IC time out, but a sort of...I dunno, OOC time out.

I've sort of lost track of what we're doing and why.

I get that the white plumed man is a Person of Interest, due partially to his role in torturing our buddy to death, and partially to his murkier role in doing something bad with people in a tavern or something (that was all before I joined). I'm just trying to get a handle on the situation from an IC perspective. Trying to get it straight what Talashia knows, so I can decide why she's still involved.

Strictly speaking, her interest in this town ended the moment she did the ritual to bind Shazi. :) As of then, she's been here largely because of her brother's involvement, and out of a vague sense of "I don't want to just let a whole town be overrun by chaos beasts."

I'm looking for something meatier to sink her fangs into, as far as motivations go.

jkason

First Post
I'm going to throw everything I know out, not sure precisely what would specifically appeal to Talashia, but here we go:

* The inn stuff is probably only of real import to Shai, but an innkeeper and his daughter (as well as the underworld person to whom they owed a debt) have all disappeared, partially because Shai and the original party failed to return in time (at least, that's how Shai sees it). I think that's about all the detail Talashia knows on that score.

* White Plume seems to be the 'next runner up' in underworlding after the original guy disappeared (and he was the last person who 'had' the daughter), so he's connected in a circumstantial way to that plot. He's also attached to the drawing and quartering of a former party member, and Scotley's character was abused by him as a part of the underground fighting.

* The Chaos beasts seem to be the result of something going Horribly Wrong at the alchemist's lab. We also know there was something that looked like a room decorated by bodies back at that lab, which we boarded up and hoped for the best on.

* Our visit to the magistrate revealed that he was also connected to White Plume, but more importantly that he was doing Something Underground. It doesn't look like it's directly connected to the Chaos Beasts, but we don't know.

I think we've really just been trying to provide the proof to him that they exist, since I think we were trying to 'hand off' the Chaos Beast problem. Depending on if we survive this, we may finally have that proof?

Shai still wants to absolve himself by finding the innkeeper and his daughter (or proof that they've been goo'd by the beasts), but he's probably the only one. And I think I've established character-wise that he tends to lend authority to stronger personalities. So it probably wouldn't take much for Talashia to convince him that the innkeeper and the daughter can't possibly have survived, etc.

Not sure if any of that helps, but it's what I know of, at least for now.

jason

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm going to throw everything I know out, not sure precisely what would specifically appeal to Talashia, but here we go:

* The inn stuff is probably only of real import to Shai, but an innkeeper and his daughter (as well as the underworld person to whom they owed a debt) have all disappeared, partially because Shai and the original party failed to return in time (at least, that's how Shai sees it). I think that's about all the detail Talashia knows on that score.

* White Plume seems to be the 'next runner up' in underworlding after the original guy disappeared (and he was the last person who 'had' the daughter), so he's connected in a circumstantial way to that plot. He's also attached to the drawing and quartering of a former party member, and Scotley's character was abused by him as a part of the underground fighting.

* The Chaos beasts seem to be the result of something going Horribly Wrong at the alchemist's lab. We also know there was something that looked like a room decorated by bodies back at that lab, which we boarded up and hoped for the best on.

* Our visit to the magistrate revealed that he was also connected to White Plume, but more importantly that he was doing Something Underground. It doesn't look like it's directly connected to the Chaos Beasts, but we don't know.

I think we've really just been trying to provide the proof to him that they exist, since I think we were trying to 'hand off' the Chaos Beast problem. Depending on if we survive this, we may finally have that proof?

Shai still wants to absolve himself by finding the innkeeper and his daughter (or proof that they've been goo'd by the beasts), but he's probably the only one. And I think I've established character-wise that he tends to lend authority to stronger personalities. So it probably wouldn't take much for Talashia to convince him that the innkeeper and the daughter can't possibly have survived, etc.

Not sure if any of that helps, but it's what I know of, at least for now.

jason

that pretty much sums it up, really. You've got several different seeds there to work with, and you're free to pursue any/all/none of them.

Take a vote if you want. Stay and fight chaos beasts (if there are any more); figure out white-plume's plot; find Vardi and Loddie; or skip town and find something that more directly involves the current party as a whole. I think I can accommodate whatever you decide, though I've given up any attempt at predicting what you'll do a long time ago...

-IG

Remove ads