Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks. Sadly, back in the day, I use to play on a lot of text-based RPGs and that's where I picked up the balloons. It works out nicely enough.
I think it works GREAT! And why "sadly"? Because you no longer play in that many, or was it sad while you were playing?? :heh:

Friadoc

Explorer
I think it works GREAT! And why "sadly"? Because you no longer play in that many, or was it sad while you were playing?? :heh:

Sadly because, in hindsight, much of what I did on those games amounted to nothing. It was the equivalent of writing novels and then deleting them, as games fold like crazy or have insipid power struggles that cause other issues.

While I prefer face-to-face gaming, at least with a message board, or other play by post format, it feels more social and part of something. It's all good, though, live and learn.

I'd sooner add more play by post sessions than go back to one of the previous places I played, with rare exception, as they mostly suck in reflection.

Leif

Adventurer
Sadly because, in hindsight, much of what I did on those games amounted to nothing. It was the equivalent of writing novels and then deleting them, as games fold like crazy or have insipid power struggles that cause other issues.
That's truly a shame. I have come to relish play-by-post even more than some of the face-to-face games of my past. Even so, I still have a ravenous hunger for a face-to-face game. *sigh* Maybe someday....

Leif

Adventurer
It looks like all of my proposed dates for Leifcon2009 have been nixed, mostly by Mowgli! :p I'm thinking now that if there is to be a LeifCon2009, it will have to be in early December, the second weekend, 11-13. Let me go ahead and float that trial baloon, so someone can shoot it down quickly and painlessly. Of course, this is totally the wrong thread for this, so...

Remove ads