Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
The only thing Tanith has need for is the Everburning Torch. The Ring of Sustenance means nothing to hear as she needs to rest 8hours to regain spells. I think that would be better suited for someone who keeps guard.

Leveling up... do we use Invisible Castle for HP or are you rolling?

It's average HP--max at first level, 1/2 at even levels, and 1/2+1 at odd levels. Assuming Tanith is adding another wizard level, she'll gain 2+Con hp this level.

The way I read it, after wearing the Ring of Sustenance for 1 week, Tanith would only need to rest for 2 hours in order to refresh her body and mind.

SRD said:
Sustenance

This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs only sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself.
That being said, even if I am reading it wrong, I'm perfectly willing to bend the rules a bit and make it a beneficial item for Tanith.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, it's been stated several places, including by official wizards sources, that regardless of how long you have to sleep/rest, you still need 8 hours of 'inactivity' to rest your mind for spell memorization or to renew daily spell slots.
IE Elves only 'sleep'(Meditate) for 4 hours, but elven wizards need to remain 'inactive' for another 4 to regain spells.

DrZombie

First Post
Hello hello hello.

So this is our new band of merry men? (and women)

The info at the starting page is a bit outdated, since Jonas had a near-death experience, and instead of a wimpy priest of Olidammarra he has found his faith with Heironeous, becoming a bit more of an arse-kicker in the process :D .

If noone else will use it, Jonas will take the rest of the equipment and donate it to the church of Heironeous, believing the equipment is better used to combat evil then to rot in a grave.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Well, it's been stated several places, including by official wizards sources, that regardless of how long you have to sleep/rest, you still need 8 hours of 'inactivity' to rest your mind for spell memorization or to renew daily spell slots.
IE Elves only 'sleep'(Meditate) for 4 hours, but elven wizards need to remain 'inactive' for another 4 to regain spells.

I think I'm still going to rule that the ring suffice for 8 hours of sleep, but I'd love to see your sources if you know what they are off the top of your head.

Jemal

Adventurer
AskWizards I believe had something on it, also i'm pretty sure there's a part under either Wizards, Elves, or Magic in the PHB that refers to such (Though I don't have mine so I can't check).

Mista Collins

First Post
Plus somewhere in the PHB I think it states the situation with elves (who only "sleep" 4 hours). But if the DM uses Rule 0 and wants it to be beneficial, I won't argue. But in all honesty, it would still be better for someone who would make a better watchman.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
Plus somewhere in the PHB I think it states the situation with elves (who only "sleep" 4 hours). But if the DM uses Rule 0 and wants it to be beneficial, I won't argue. But in all honesty, it would still be better for someone who would make a better watchman.

Great, so who's got it?

DrZombie

First Post
all of us cast spells :). It might be best to use 'em to buy some goodwill from the temple. It might be handy to be on their good side if we ever have to resurrect someone...

DrZombie

First Post
I've updated Jonas. He's got great cleave now :mad:

As a side note, the links in the RG still link to the previous chapter :D . I don't think we'll be mortaly offended if it's not in your top ten of 'things I urgently have to fix'.

Cheers,

Maarten

industrygothica

Adventurer
DrZombie said:
I've updated Jonas. He's got great cleave now :mad:

Great - Just remind me when you want to use it. Should be plenty of opportunity.

DrZombie said:
As a side note, the links in the RG still link to the previous chapter :D . I don't think we'll be mortaly offended if it's not in your top ten of 'things I urgently have to fix'.

Cheers,

Maarten

I noticed that yesterday, as a matter of fact, and quickly dismissed it as something I'd take care of later. ;) I'm sure I'll forget about it soon enough and need reminding, though. I'm just good like that.

Remove ads