Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
[sblock=ooc]
Couldn't remember if we were supposed to roll for ourselves or not...
Entering combat (Initiative + 3), Two Unarmed strikes: + 10/5, 1d3+4 damage.
AC: 18
[/sblock]

I'll take care of the rolling. We'll wait for a response from Rogash before we continue with the fight. I'm interested to see how you guys play it out. I thought it might be an interesting way to meet.

Jemal

Adventurer
Cool. Well, assuming Rogash holds up his end well (Maybe even Beating Rokelsh), He'll earn the big man's respect. Nothing impresses a barbarian like a good butt-kicking. ;)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal-

Not sure if you noticed by the numbers in the last post, but I'm figuring Rokelsh's attacks and damage without the gauntlets, since the damage they deal is lethal instead of non-lethal.

That'd be a +9/+4 to attack, and 1d3+3 damage if I'm figuring it right (or +7/+2 in the case of this round's power attack).

I thought that'd be the most fair thing to do since Rogash doesn't have his weapons either. Let me know if you have a problem with it, please.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm... damn, forgot bout that. Yeah, that's fine. Rokelsh is too honourable to do something like that, so he would've taken the gauntlets off.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Grapple check! Wrasslin time, boyo.
+9 touch attack, +9 Grapple check. Normally it would provoke an AoO, but we're both unarmed, so I think we can't take AoO's, true?
SRD said:
Threatened Squares

You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your action. Generally, that means everything in all squares adjacent to your space (including diagonally). An enemy that takes certain actions while in a threatened square provokes an attack of opportunity from you. If you’re unarmed, you don’t normally threaten any squares and thus can’t make attacks of opportunity.
Being that you are in an unarmed combat, I'd have to say that this is one of those occasions in which you still threaten your respective squares, regardless of being unarmed, and therefor will still provoke an AoO.

Jemal

Adventurer
i'm pretty sure the 'normally' means unless you have an ability that states otherwise (Such as improved unarmed strike).

But, you're the DM.

Ivellious

First Post
I'm not finding anytime to be able to sit down and figure out what I want on this guy. Work has been stepping things up on me. So sadly I will have to back out on this, which I really hate to do. :\ I'm sorry for filling a slot that I really couldn't fill

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ivellious said:
I'm not finding anytime to be able to sit down and figure out what I want on this guy. Work has been stepping things up on me. So sadly I will have to back out on this, which I really hate to do. :\ I'm sorry for filling a slot that I really couldn't fill

I hate to see that, but I understand.

Jemal

Adventurer
*sorry, posted an absent thread, but i shoulda known not everybody would see it*
I've got very little time for posting until Sunday/Monday, if I get a chance I'll post, sorry for the inconvenience.

Remove ads