Inside Out 2 | Teaser Trailer

I quite liked Inside Out, but man it was extremely annoying the Disney tried to push it as being true to life and dragged out a lot of dubious and outdated psychology and pop psychologists to claim that as part of the general media blitz. Can't we just have a fun movie that doesn't try to pretend it's "educational" or "realistic" about feelings?

Hopefully we don't get the same as part of the media blitz for this one - from this fun teaser it looks like we may escape it because you certainly don't wait until puberty until suffering from anxiety lol.

MarkB

Legend
I quite liked Inside Out, but man it was extremely annoying the Disney tried to push it as being true to life and dragged out a lot of dubious and outdated psychology and pop psychologists to claim that as part of the general media blitz. Can't we just have a fun movie that doesn't try to pretend it's "educational" or "realistic" about feelings?

Hopefully we don't get the same as part of the media blitz for this one - from this fun teaser it looks like we may escape it because you certainly don't wait until puberty until suffering from anxiety lol.
Yeah, it was rather reminiscent of this.

Yeah, it was rather reminiscent of this.

Indeed though I felt like the one bad thing about Kevin was that Harry Enfield was great at observing the externalities of how teenage kids appeared to their boomer parents, he lacked sufficient empathy and insight to really give the character any depth or internal life - very distinct from shows like The Inbetweeners which nail teenage foibles by understanding their characters from the inside. Hopefully here, given the title and approach, they'll be able to do a better job here.

(There's definitely a bit of truth to the "sudden change" thing though - the level of hormones I was operating on from like late 12 to late 15 made me into a genuinely different and difficult person for that period - I also grew a huge amount - I was kind of a average-to-short kid before that, and ended up at 6'2".)

Remove ads