Insight's Histhaven - IC

Insight

Adventurer
Alright, that MUST be him. And if not...well, maybe I can kneecap the horse and get away in the bushes. That or say 'hi' to the Raven Queen on my way past to whatever awaits...

"Excuse me," Penny piped up, not standing up just yet, "You wouldn't happen to know where there might be a town nearby, would you? It's just, I have a lot of friends standing quite nearby who would really like to find a town to rest in."

The black steed stops and the rider looks around, finally focusing on the female halfling. "A town?" he asks, flabbergasted. "A town, you ask? What a ridiculous... you must not be from around here..."

The rider draws a longsword. "That makes you... dangerous."

tiornys

Explorer
Markal edges toward the woods

Was that hoofbeats? Markal begins to move after Penny, doing his best to listen for sounds of trouble.

Shayuri

First Post
"What?" Penny demanded, as if thunderstruck. "Me? Look at me! Why, your horse could flatten me with one hoof and keep trotting on, never noticing! Then you'd stop at your stable and notice a flat little me stuck to the shoe, and have to pry me off with a shovel. That's all the inconvenience I could cause a knight like you, sir."

She sighed. "As it happens though, I am new to these parts. I've heard tell there's a town called Histhaven not far off, but...curse my city ways, I've no head for the woods. I'm completely lost. Now, I'm too proud to ask for a ride, but even if you'd just point that...truly gigantic blade of yours in the right direction, and then put it away of course, then I'd be much obliged to you."

Insight

Adventurer
IN THE DEAD WOODS
Penny has approached the strange rider, while Markal, having pushed through the lurking trees, threatening to press him, has found the halfling and the rider.

"What?" Penny demanded, as if thunderstruck. "Me? Look at me! Why, your horse could flatten me with one hoof and keep trotting on, never noticing! Then you'd stop at your stable and notice a flat little me stuck to the shoe, and have to pry me off with a shovel. That's all the inconvenience I could cause a knight like you, sir."

She sighed. "As it happens though, I am new to these parts. I've heard tell there's a town called Histhaven not far off, but...curse my city ways, I've no head for the woods. I'm completely lost. Now, I'm too proud to ask for a ride, but even if you'd just point that...truly gigantic blade of yours in the right direction, and then put it away of course, then I'd be much obliged to you."

"There is a village called Histhaven. A truly pathetic place, but the only settlement of any consequence."

The rider sheathes his sword for the moment. As he sees Markal approach, the rider puts his hand to the sword's scabbard.

"Another one," the rider says. "I suppose you two are together. Were you sent by... someone... to taunt me? This, I cannot abide!" He slacks his sword hand. "But abide it, I must. You see, if you are truly not from this land, and I would know if you were native, you don't know why I cannot leave this place. No one can leave this place."

The rider looks at Markal and then back to Penny. "Are there more of you? It would not do to have assassins lurking in the wood. It does not matter. You have nothing to fear from me."

Shayuri

First Post
"There's a few others," Penny replies. "Out in the field. I did mention before I wasn't alone."

She sighs and blows a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"All right then, if you could tell us how to get to the village of Histhaven, we'd be much obliged to you, Sir...what was your name again?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Carric

Carric hasn't heard any hoof-beats, but he follows into the direction Markal has taken when he not immediately returns.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Carric
Perception: 21 Insight: 23 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 (21) Fortitude 18 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: 5 necrotic
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Death's Shadow, Tenebrous Blessing
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Hand of Radiance, Shining Symbol, Smite Undead / Stay the Hand of Death, Inevitable Doom, Eye of the Vulture, Death Surge
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Blackened Soul, Iron to Glass

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Cor Azer

First Post
Aleksey

Seeing the other leaving the field, Aleksey panics, thinking everyone is abandoning him.

With a deep breath, and a comforting nuzzle from Tenebre, he calms down.

That's right. The halfling woman went off to scout... they must be following her.

Taking one last look around and seeing nothing else of interest, Aleksey moves into step a few feet behind Carric.

tiornys

Explorer
Markal

Markal steps forward and bows. Milord, I am Markal von Bradmoor, he says, taking a swift look at the device on the rider's tabard on the off chance he might recognize it. Straightening, he looks up to the rider and adds, We may not be in danger from you--and certainly we have no intention of assassinating you!--but it appears there is some kind of danger here. Why do you say that you, and we, cannot leave this place?

[sblock=Mechanics]History check to try to recognize the device on the tabard
Diplomacy to convince the rider to share information[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
IN THE DEAD WOODS
The rest of the hapless travelers arrive in the woods, joining Penny and Markal.

"There's a few others," Penny replies. "Out in the field. I did mention before I wasn't alone."

She sighs and blows a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"All right then, if you could tell us how to get to the village of Histhaven, we'd be much obliged to you, Sir...what was your name again?"

Carric

Carric hasn't heard any hoof-beats, but he follows into the direction Markal has taken when he not immediately returns.

Seeing the other leaving the field, Aleksey panics, thinking everyone is abandoning him.

With a deep breath, and a comforting nuzzle from Tenebre, he calms down.

That's right. The halfling woman went off to scout... they must be following her.

Taking one last look around and seeing nothing else of interest, Aleksey moves into step a few feet behind Carric.

"Ah, I see that you were not lying," the rider says, seeing Aleksey and Carric emerge from the tree-line. "You are not alone." He sighs. "I suppose it doesn't matter whether you are here to kill me. The cycle continues regardless..." The voice trails off as the rider looks into the forested distance.

"As for your question, little one, I am called The Prince. I am the ruler of this pathetic domain. That is all you need to know."

Markal steps forward and bows. Milord, I am Markal von Bradmoor, he says, taking a swift look at the device on the rider's tabard on the off chance he might recognize it. Straightening, he looks up to the rider and adds, We may not be in danger from you--and certainly we have no intention of assassinating you!--but it appears there is some kind of danger here. Why do you say that you, and we, cannot leave this place?

[sblock=Mechanics]History check to try to recognize the device on the tabard
Diplomacy to convince the rider to share information[/sblock]

OOC: Markal does not recognize the heraldry.

"It is a curse," the Prince replies. "None who enter Histhaven may leave. Except by death. But not for me. I am destined to re-live this cycle for eternity, it seems."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Carric

"That is actually great. Judging by the vision my goddess gave me, you may be the key to end this curse." Carric says grimly.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Carric
Perception: 21 Insight: 23 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 (21) Fortitude 18 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: 5 necrotic
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Death's Shadow, Tenebrous Blessing
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Hand of Radiance, Shining Symbol, Smite Undead / Stay the Hand of Death, Inevitable Doom, Eye of the Vulture, Death Surge
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Blackened Soul, Iron to Glass

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads