Insight's Histhaven - IC

Cor Azer

First Post
Aleksey

"Cycle?"

Aleksey eyes the Prince warily, trying to judge him.

"A cycle of death and rebirth, alone? Or is the a scene - a story - that keeps repeating? In my old troupe's travels, we encountered several deva who would continual be reborn into new lives after death, but we also had one play - Silverstar Oceanica - with the theme "all of this has happened before -"

Aleksey cuts himself off, realizing that he's beginning to ramble.

"My apologies. Carric's goddess gifted us all with visions, but as ever, the divine speak in riddles and vagueness. Of course you have little reason to help us, but please, your tale may help us... help all of us."

Insight

Adventurer
"Cycle?"

Aleksey eyes the Prince warily, trying to judge him.

The Prince seems worn out, resigned to some fate he has not yet divulged.

"A cycle of death and rebirth, alone? Or is the a scene - a story - that keeps repeating? In my old troupe's travels, we encountered several deva who would continual be reborn into new lives after death, but we also had one play - Silverstar Oceanica - with the theme "all of this has happened before -"

Aleksey cuts himself off, realizing that he's beginning to ramble.

"My apologies. Carric's goddess gifted us all with visions, but as ever, the divine speak in riddles and vagueness. Of course you have little reason to help us, but please, your tale may help us... help all of us."

The Prince sighs. "Oh, to have a troubador or troupe of actors, performers, and artists to come to my court and keep me entertained... It was that way, once, before the CURSE... Now, my fate is to die alone. And that, I will do. And then, within a fortnight, I will be risen again. And the cycle continues."

Shayuri

First Post
Penny glances shrewdly at Aleksey and says, "Maybe we could fill that role for you," she suggests. "In exchange for room and board at the castle? Aleksey here is an old hand after all, and I've been known to put on a show at times myself. I'm sure we all have talents to amuse and entertain. Maybe take a little of the sting out of your bleak eternal fate, eh?"

tiornys

Explorer
Markal

Markal glances at Penny with askance, muttering, Entertainers? and shaking his head. Returning his attention to the Prince, Markal essays a winning smile. I am no performer, I'm afraid, although I have been known for the occasional witty quip. However, I would certainly be willing to provide conversation--and comentary--to spice the efforts of my companions.

Insight

Adventurer
The Prince mounts his horse. "Well, I should not delay you. If it is your wish to proceed to Histhaven, then you should find the road to the north, just past the large fallen oak. Head towards the rotten bridge, which you should see in the distance. That road will lead you to Histhaven. Don't expect too much."

The Prince takes off into the forest, leaving the travelers to themselves.

Shayuri

First Post
"Now that is a man who needs to turn a frown upside-down," Penny remarks with forced cheer. "You folks showed up just in time. I was about to start keeping a diary full of poems about black roses and thorns and drops of bloody tears and things."

She takes a deep breath, trying to keep her psychological footing against the oppressive gloom that surrounded them.

"So! North then?"

Cor Azer

First Post
Aleksey

Aleksey tries to force a smile at Penny's levity, but the gloom does make it difficult.

He looks up into the grey and frowns himself, unable to note any sort of position for... whatever acts as the sun in this place.

"Anybody know how to find north?"

tiornys

Explorer
Markal

North it is, I'd say. Markal shakes his head at Aleksey's words. Sadly, I've never been much good at directions in the wild. Perhaps if we looked for that fallen oak he mentioned? Markal scans the area, hoping to spot a fallen tree.

Insight

Adventurer
North it is, I'd say. Markal shakes his head at Aleksey's words. Sadly, I've never been much good at directions in the wild. Perhaps if we looked for that fallen oak he mentioned? Markal scans the area, hoping to spot a fallen tree.

Finding the fallen tree is not difficult. The travelers are able to find it without issue and from that point, the rotten bridge is within sight, perhaps a few hundred yards away. From these landmarks, the travelers are able to determine a "north", based on the Prince's directions, and the travelers believe they will be able to follow the faint evidence of a road towards Histhaven.

OOC: If you are simply heading to Histhaven without delay, we will move along. Otherwise, state what your character is doing.

Walking Dad

First Post
Carric

"Histhaven it is. Let's see if the people there are as fatalistic as the Prince." Carric says, ready to move on.

[sblock=OOC]
no problem with jumping to Histhaven.
This wasn't an encounter, right?
(Please remember that I can only try to get rid of my 'curse' after rolling good after 2 encounters. It persists during a long rest and I got to draw an additional one, with anyone else.)

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Carric
Perception: 21 Insight: 23 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 (21) Fortitude 18 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: 5 necrotic
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Death's Shadow, Tenebrous Blessing
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Hand of Radiance, Shining Symbol, Smite Undead / Stay the Hand of Death, Inevitable Doom, Eye of the Vulture, Death Surge
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Blackened Soul, Iron to Glass

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads