Insight's Histhaven - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Hee! Sorry. I've been ripping my hair out over builds.

I should ask though...is a gnome admissible? I'm not sure how weird they are in game terms. They're in theory no weirder than Eladrin...

Basically, I'm torn now between a 'fey' theme and that darker-shadowyer theme which would probably be human or halfling...

BUT

I realize I've agonized longer than I should have. I'll get'er done tonight.

Insight

Adventurer
Hee! Sorry. I've been ripping my hair out over builds.

I should ask though...is a gnome admissible? I'm not sure how weird they are in game terms. They're in theory no weirder than Eladrin...

Basically, I'm torn now between a 'fey' theme and that darker-shadowyer theme which would probably be human or halfling...

BUT

I realize I've agonized longer than I should have. I'll get'er done tonight.

Gnomes are fine.

Basically, any race (or derivative thereof) found in the 1st ed or 2nd ed PHBs should be fine. Anything else requires some convincing.

tiornys

Explorer
Decisions mostly done, still working on a finalized background and math (I have no DDI account).

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5648876-post2.html

Any suggestions/help for the mechanical part?
Build looks solid to me. I notice your stats are lined up to allow you to upgrade to Scale armor and take Scale Specialization in paragon; is that intentional? If that's your plan, I'd suggest Scale Prof over Toughness. You might get slightly more benefit out of Toughness now, but within a couple of levels that will change, and in the meantime, you can start with +2 Drakescale instead of needing to coordinate finding scale armor with gaining proficiency with it.

t~

Shayuri

First Post
Okay! Here's some crunchy bits! I'll fill it in over today as I can. Comments welcome!

Now, I know this doesn't look 'shadow' themed. In fact, the character's main attacks do radiant damage. BUT! The 'acolyte of the veil' feat is the multiclass feat for Assassins.

Essentially, this character started out on a dark path...a path of vengeance. Shortly before the game began she turned from that path, embracing the worship of Sehanine. The fey pact stuff is thus all 'moon flavored' in this character. She still has the power to leap through shadows, and to be cloaked in darkness when she moves; reminders of past sins.

There's plenty more detail to the backstory coming as well.

Name Pending!
level 5
Halfling, Hexblade
Warlock Pact: Fey Pact Hexblade
Fey Pact Weapon: Sword of the White Well
Background: Occupation - Criminal (+2 to Stealth)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 19, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Reflex: 18 Will: 18
HP: 44 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +11, Streetwise +11, Stealth +13, Thievery +13, Acrobatics +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +3, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +3, Heal +2, History +3, Insight +2, Intimidate +6, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +3, Athletics +1

FEATS
Level 1: Acolyte of the Veil
Level 2: Cursed Shadow
Level 4: Rod Expertise

POWERS
Hexblade daily 1: Hellfire Blast
Hexblade utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Hexblade daily 5: Emerald Shield

ITEMS
Sword of the White Well, Deathcut Leather Armor +1, Frostwolf Pelt +1, Magic Rod +2, Floating Lantern (heroic tier), Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Belt Pouch (empty), Waterskin, Journeybreads (10)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
To Insight and all,

I have been giving this some thought, and I've come to realize that I am not yet ready to join a 4e PbP. I've only had a short run with a LIVE game, and the short run I had here on EnWorld ended less than joyously. With regret, I think I may have to drop out of this one.

Good luck, enjoy the game!

Insight

Adventurer
Well, we lost one potential player, but I believe everyone else has submitted a character. If you are ready, please post the final version of your character so that I can review it. We should be ready to start by Monday.

tiornys

Explorer
Something I've been debating: I can trade out two of my feats for a multiclass to any martial class and Armored Endurance Training. I gain a skill training, an ability from the m/c feat, and +4 to my Athletics and Endurance. Is this worthwhile? And if so, which feats do I trade, and what multiclass feat/skill training is best? (top three options are Resourceful Leader for the ability, skill would likely be Insight; Sly Dodge for Bluff and a possibly useful ability; or a Fighter multiclass for Streetwise, possibly shuffling Con, Int and Wis for Battle Awareness)

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], looks great! I admit I did a double take at Cursed Shadow, but it works and makes a lot of sense :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Well, we lost one potential player, but I believe everyone else has submitted a character. If you are ready, please post the final version of your character so that I can review it. We should be ready to start by Monday.

Character is here. I have not much time to finish him until Monday, as we have two family events this weekend.

That said, most rules stuff is already done.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5648876-post2.html

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
The version of Aleksey that is posted is the one I'll be going with. More background for him will eventually be added, but the basics are there. I'm the sort of player that likes fleshing out a character's background as I play.

[MENTION=17633]tiornys[/MENTION]: I dunno if you need to multiclass, unless there's something specific you want. That said, you do use a shield, and multi'ing into fighter gives access to some excellent shield feats and powers.

Remove ads