• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Shadow of Set" - OOC Thread

Insight

Adventurer
Necro_Kinder, I'd like to do an update, but I need Dirk's action. If I don't see anything from you today, I'm going to NPC Dirk for this round. I hate when combats drag too long in these PBP games.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Hiatus

Hello, all!

I apologize for my absence these last few days, but unfortunately life has thrown my family a bit of a curve ball.

What should have been a routine visit to the pediatrician for my 6-month old son has become a bit of a scare. The doctor is concerned about the size and shape of his head, and so we are undergoing tests. First a CT Scan, then an MRI, and now we are awaiting results to see where we go from here. I have had to put the gaming on hold for a bit while dealing with all of this, and I'm trying to spend more time in support of my family.

Please don't delete the bookmarks for this game, as I will return when I can. Hopefully, we will get good test results, and all will return to normal shortly.

Thank you all for understanding!
YOA

Redclaw

First Post
With my 19 month old sitting here beside me, I can only shudder in sympathy for the fears that must be running rampant inside you.
My thoughts are with you, and I look forward to hearing that it was a false alarm.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Update

Everyone,

First, thanks to you all for the kind words and well-wishing. I really appreciate them, and so does my family. It's great to feel like I'm a part of a community of friends, even though none of you actually know me beyond the screen name. That's part of why I wouldn't do my PbP gaming anywhere else. :)

Now, an update on my son's health: The CTScan looks promising, but it didn't quite have good enough resolution to rule out hydrocephalus. Hence, the MRI, and now we are awaiting the results of that test (hopefully today!) Our hope is that our son does not have hydrocephalus, but even if he does not, the next step is physical therapy (for some tightness in his neck muscles, and some slight delays in gross motor skills such as rolling over, etc.), and likely a fitting for an orthotic helmet to help reshape his developing skull. Okay, that's probably more than any of you really wanted to know, but there you go.

So, what about gaming? Well, now that the initial emotional shock has abated, and we are dealing with the situation day by day, I think I can get back in the swing of things, at least a little bit. I'm going to start by resuming posting in the games for which I am a player, and see how that works out. I'm not ready to resume DMing, which is considerably more time intensive, but if things work out well, I'd love to get things going again. For my players, please keep an eye on the OOC threads, hopefully it won't be too long. For Insight, s@squ@tch, and my fellow players in those respective games, Droban and Alessin should have posts up soon.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kindness and understanding! :)

Ilium

First Post
YOA: Well that's hopeful news at least. I trust everything will work out. It's good to have you back (and I just did an Aid Another for Droban, so go get 'em!).

Insight

Adventurer
YOA, you don't want to know what I rolled for your attack...

:confused:

Suffice to say I don't think the electronic die rolling gods like you.

I just had to re-roll that. It was too painful to have you guys all miss for 2 rounds in a row!

That said, don't expect a bunch of re-rolls all the time, everyone. I might do it on occasion when a combat stagnates, and only when it benefits the PCs. I'll never re-roll something that initially benefits you guys. And almost always, you won't even know. I just had to let YOA know of his die rolling misadventures!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads