Interest Check, GURPS WWII

wolfattack

First Post
In that case I would favor D6. It is still free, right?
GURPS always feels to complicated to me, is roll-below and not that good to bear all the complications, epically in character design.

I never heard of this D6 system,but i would choose him just because you don't have the 4th GURPS.i don't like the third edition of GURPS.if it is free,where i can find this D6?also,i don't think D20 Modern suits the WW2 setting.

Walking Dad

First Post

DrZombie

First Post
I once played in a tabletop WWII game, the twist was that we were all werewolves who were about to mature. Great fun.

I'd defenitely choose ETO, there's a few theaters (special forces attacks in Norway, the Netherlands, the airdrop in france) that would be survivable. I don't see a group of player characters storming Omaha beach or try to take one of the many fillipine islands (Roll a D6. A 1? Too bad, mortar up the unmentionables. A 2? Strafed by a machine gun. Dead. A 3? Sniperfire up the nostril. You die. 4-6 you live. Next round. roll a D6 :) )

As for the system, I've played gurps when I lived in the UK. Not too fond of the book-crawling to get to the right tables, but I guess that would be the GM's problem.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
A campaign starting in Africa would make sense, you would start there and gradually work your way up toward Austria by the end of the war, also as Dr. Zombie mentioned, this campaign will be deadlier than most, as most rifles/MGs do 7d6 against 10-15 HP, so if you do get hit it won't go over very well, however there is the 1/2 damage distance.

As far as the fighting goes it wasn't TOO terrible bad in Italy, although there was some pretty nasty urban warfare in some of the places, but there weren't many (if any, hey, I rhyme!!!) instances of assaulting a fortified beach. So that should work as a relatively safe location for the war, all the fronts saw some heavy fighting, but some were worse than others, the battle of Hurtgen Forest was pretty bad, some units suffered 125% casualties during that one, all in the forest that was so thick you couldn't stand up straight and you could barely see 10 feet in front of you, all while the Germans are blowing 88 shells in the trees above you to drop shrapnel and splinters down at high velocities, while no vehicles can go anywhere because of all the mud that was there, in any case, it would not be a safe place for the PCs to be.

Remove ads