Interest Check: Histhaven

Cor Azer

First Post
I'm going to start an OOC thread in the next few days. Just give me an idea of what you'd want to play. Or wait until the OOC thread. Doesn't matter to me.

I'll probably be going Vistani wizard; someone else expressed bardic interest, and I don't want to eat up two "ideas".

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I think it could be interesting if my Marshall/Lawman/Former Soldier takes Warlord as a class. I... haven't heard much about the class or how (un?)popular it is. Anyone have experience playing one?

tiornys

Explorer
I think it could be interesting if my Marshall/Lawman/Former Soldier takes Warlord as a class. I... haven't heard much about the class or how (un?)popular it is. Anyone have experience playing one?
I have extensive experience with Tactical Warlords (~50 levels worth of play), and I love them. Warlords in general are considered the "best" leader, though that should be taken with several caveats (the leader classes are very close to each other). They're quite popular in my experience.

t~

Cor Azer

First Post

I've played them a few times and really enjoy them; to get the most use of them though, you really need to be sure your allies have decent basic attacks - mostly melee ones.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My only concern is that, as a player, I am not very tactically minded. I do enjoy Leader classes though. I considered Bard, but someone else was considering same, and Cleric too, so hey, 3 Leaders on the party...? Is that a Good Thing?

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm playing a warlord in L4W. Started at 1st level and is now level 8. Fun class, good enabler, can fight for itself and has decent OAs. I prefer it of all the 'melee' leader classes.

tiornys

Explorer
My only concern is that, as a player, I am not very tactically minded. I do enjoy Leader classes though. I considered Bard, but someone else was considering same, and Cleric too, so hey, 3 Leaders on the party...? Is that a Good Thing?
Having three leaders around almost demands a high level of party cooperation in power selection and tactical coordination (in order to achieve enough damage output), else fights will tend to drag on and waste resources. It will be very rare for an individual encounter to seriously threaten the party because of the amount of healing available, but if the party relies on that healing it will burn through surges and need to rest after only a few encounters.

In a 5 person party, I'd want a 2nd leader to be extremely offense oriented (or a hybrid). In a 6 person party, 2 leaders is about right.

t~

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...given the heavy focus on the Shadowfell in this game, perhaps an Assassin would be called for. A morally ambiguous hero...

I'm kind of liking this.

Remove ads