Interest Check: Histhaven

Insight

Adventurer
Hmm...given the heavy focus on the Shadowfell in this game, perhaps an Assassin would be called for. A morally ambiguous hero...

I'm kind of liking this.

If you want to play a character with the Shadow power source, which I think is a fantastic idea, expect the Shadowfell to "call" to you from time to time.

Shayuri

First Post
Yar. I'm thinking a character who, for what seemed like a good idea at the time, got in way over his head and wound up being touched by Shadow. Perhaps even became a Shade...if allowed.

In time he came to realize what a devil's bargain it was...perhaps he now wants to try to undo it. Maybe he hopes that he can find the piece of his soul that the Shadow took, and get it back...making himself whole again.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My warlord would be more offense. I was opting for the... um... Cha build (I'm away from my books atm). Not the resourceful one, though I wasn't against it either. Inspiring, I think it was called.

Would the group be suggesting I go the Str one?

Thank gawd for Brilliant Gameologists.

Insight

Adventurer
Yar. I'm thinking a character who, for what seemed like a good idea at the time, got in way over his head and wound up being touched by Shadow. Perhaps even became a Shade...if allowed.

In time he came to realize what a devil's bargain it was...perhaps he now wants to try to undo it. Maybe he hopes that he can find the piece of his soul that the Shadow took, and get it back...making himself whole again.

Shade is fine with me. The only slight issue with the above is that the people of Histhaven will NOT want to associate with you. If you're not the sociable type, no big deal.

Walking Dad

First Post
My warlord would be more offense. I was opting for the... um... Cha build (I'm away from my books atm). Not the resourceful one, though I wasn't against it either. Inspiring, I think it was called.

Would the group be suggesting I go the Str one?

Thank gawd for Brilliant Gameologists.
'Lazy' warlords depend much on good basic attacks in the group. All other builds should remember that Str is the primary stat, not Cha, Int or Wis.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Oh, I recognize that Str is the Primary stat regardless of build. I just couldn't remember the names of the "builds". Is this going to be a "build right or die" kind of adventure?

Edit: Rolled once too many times.

Array 1: 17 17 13 11 8 8
Array 2: 17 16 11 11 11 3

Tough choice there... or is it? Does a 3 in a dump stat really hurt?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hang on, we're rolling stats? Not point buy?

Also, Insight, would using the Disguise function of Bluff ameliorate the social RP reaction to the race (with penalty for 'impersonating another race' of course)?

Insight

Adventurer
Hang on, we're rolling stats? Not point buy?

I don't believe I ever specified. We're using the standard 22 pt buy system as presented in the PHB and elsewhere.

Also, Insight, would using the Disguise function of Bluff ameliorate the social RP reaction to the race (with penalty for 'impersonating another race' of course)?

It could, yes. It also depends on a number of factors, including who you are trying to interact with (some of them might not mind shadow creatures) and also your group's accomplishments and contributions to the health and welfare of Histhaven.

Insight

Adventurer
Is this going to be a "build right or die" kind of adventure?

I certainly hope not. The type of adventure it becomes is mostly up to you guys. This is more of a "sandbox" style adventure. The players will mostly decide what to do and how to do it.

Edit: Rolled once too many times.

Yes. Rolling once would be too many times :p

Shayuri

First Post
Whew! Rolled stats don't go well for me, generally. :)

Gonna try a few builds and see what sticks. I'm also interested in the Changeling race, but I suspect that might be 'too weird.'

Any final word on starting level? Your intial post stated somewhere btween 4 and 6, I think.

Remove ads