• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ionian Dreams (Bront Judging)

hero4hire

Explorer
Highbrow supressed a smile as CPU offered to use his computer skills to track the informant. Obviously if they had sent some sort of electronic message the Government simply would have contacted Highbrow personally and had him track them himself. CPU had displayed a modicum of skill but it couldn't compare to his own skills. (at least in his own mind)

As for Steele, it seemed he had a history and a personal grudge. Very interesting.

"I would like to examine this note. Perhaps your experts missed something."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Perhaps. But I doubt it. However, I expected one of you might ask to see it, so I brought it along."

*He reaches into his briefcase and hands over a paper with text typed in Turkish.*

Salix

First Post
HMMM Four languages and not one of them Turkish. Hope I can be of some use there.

OOC: Our time is a little screwed up. I know after the Bront got started he wanted my mission to follow in real time. Which makes it hard, because a single conversation can takes months in the Ready Lounge.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]RA, you should set it as you are pleased. Even if the adventure took a single day in teh adventure thread, the group could have been in station for many days after teh fight against teh Super who create the earthquake...

And H4H, you are right, you are better with your +20, but I have an automatic reroll with the feat if it has danegrous consequence, so at least, I can prevent the worst, like triggering an alarm while doing that search.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I couldn't do that, since some of the characters talked about heading straight out of one mission and into another. Plus time of year is completely irrelevant to this adventure, so it might as well be set up to be more consistent :)

As to the better computer hacker--I would probably prefer the reroll myself--when I ran this for my face-to-face group, they had a cyberninja who incessantly hacked everything and wound up setting off alarms when he rolled a 2. Thankfully it didn't matter because he was hacking something random, but... :D[/SBLOCK]

Hawkeye

First Post
OOC
[sblock]Well since we are doing everything in spolier text. ;) Griff knows when is a good time to surf Turkey. That is why I was wondering what the time of year was in game.[/sblock]

Hawkeye

Lot

First Post
Martin listens to the briefing politely. When there is a lull in the speaking, he raises his hand.

"Sir, I'm very interested in helping with this and I'd like to help in any way I can. It's just...well, my skill set does not lend itself to subtlety or tact. Maybe, we could pose as weapons dealers of some sort. Maybe I could pretend to be some kind of bioweapon that you guys claim you can mass produce. Meet the right people, make some connections, etc. Maybe a bit far-fetched, but I can guarantee that I can do some things that terrorists would love to get their hands on. If it's one thing I can do, I can terrorize."

Salix

First Post
Lot said:
Martin listens to the briefing politely. When there is a lull in the speaking, he raises his hand.

"Sir, I'm very interested in helping with this and I'd like to help in any way I can. It's just...well, my skill set does not lend itself to subtlety or tact. Maybe, we could pose as weapons dealers of some sort. Maybe I could pretend to be some kind of bioweapon that you guys claim you can mass produce. Meet the right people, make some connections, etc. Maybe a bit far-fetched, but I can guarantee that I can do some things that terrorists would love to get their hands on. If it's one thing I can do, I can terrorize."

"Great idea Martin. Maybe that's how we can work ourselves in,it gives us a reasonable cover at least", George says somewhat relieved to possibly be a more key player on the mission. "Where do we start, which city?", he says to Steele.

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]

And H4H, you are right, you are better with your +20, but I have an automatic reroll with the feat if it has danegrous consequence, so at least, I can prevent the worst, like triggering an alarm while doing that search.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC] It wouldnt have mattered Highbrow would have thought the same even if you had a +21 computers. He is just arrogant that way :)[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Perhaps. But I doubt it. However, I expected one of you might ask to see it, so I brought it along."

*He reaches into his briefcase and hands over a paper with text typed in Turkish.*

Highbrow inspects the paper with a bit of a frown.

OOC: Investigate +10, Comprehend: Universal Translator & Codes, Jack of All Trades & Eidetic memory for perhaps the type of paper, type of printer or typewriter, ink etc...

Remove ads