• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ionian Dreams (Bront Judging)

Velmont

First Post
"An holographic projector with one preset appearnce recorded in it would be a possibility. A mere illusion but it might work. Sir," he tells to Lt. Steele "How much time do we have before the plane leave?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Highbrow]The paper reads:

"Not much time. Theirs. Going to be an attack on downtown Kurtalan with explosives on the 15th. And snipers. A second attack to follow, location pending. When I here, I will. Merciful Allah!"

and it cuts off there. Based on the paper and ink, it seems that this message was faxed and printed out by a fax machine. The folds are positioned such that it was likely inserted into a standard-sized letter envelope.

[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A man after my own heart, Purkiss. That's exactly what I was going to suggest to deal with the disguise issue if nobody had anything better. Also, Thurston might have come up with another alternative, so we'll call him in after a few minutes."

"The flight leaves tomorrow morning, early. We figured there's no sense at all in waiting so lo0ng that the attack is over before you get there."

"As to the previous attack? It took place in Kurtalan, Turkey. An office-building was partially-destroyed by explosives, started burning, and eventually collapsed. Those who tried to escape were harassed by sniper fire. None of the international terrorist groups took responsibility--even Al Qaida wouldn't want to touch this one, considering it's an attack on a Muslim country."

Salix

First Post
Griff said:
"Dude, I am treating it seriously. I may not be a braniac, but I am doing the best I can. I don't hear you coming up with any ideas on how to get Carrion here into the country. I guess when the time comes and you aren't doing something as well as I can, you'll accept me calling you on it?
Gremlin just nods back to the conversation and ignores the interruption.

Later he adds,"Can you get the morph device up in time? Does anyone know Martin is a resolute? He could just pose as a soldier for hire and try to infiltrate the group that way if the morph device fails. I bet this group would jump at the opportunity to recruit someone with Carrion's muscle."

Velmont

First Post
"Snipers... it is no more terror, it is slaugther they wanted. Who would show such inhuman heart than that. Terrorist want to strike there enemy and impress there people to gather support from them. Slaugther of civilians, free like that, won't bring any support for anyone. that office building was use by which company? or it was a governemental building? In that acse, which ministry or organization was establish in it?"

Hawkeye

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"A man after my own heart, Purkiss. That's exactly what I was going to suggest to deal with the disguise issue if nobody had anything better. Also, Thurston might have come up with another alternative, so we'll call him in after a few minutes."

"The flight leaves tomorrow morning, early. We figured there's no sense at all in waiting so lo0ng that the attack is over before you get there."

"As to the previous attack? It took place in Kurtalan, Turkey. An office-building was partially-destroyed by explosives, started burning, and eventually collapsed. Those who tried to escape were harassed by sniper fire. None of the international terrorist groups took responsibility--even Al Qaida wouldn't want to touch this one, considering it's an attack on a Muslim country."

"Maybe its some of that sextarin violence we are hearing about? You know, the sooners vs the chias.

OOC: AQ does perform attacks on Muslims, but its your world.

Hawkeye

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"Maybe its some of that sextarin violence we are hearing about? You know, the sooners vs the chias.

OOC: AQ does perform attacks on Muslims, but its your world.

Hawkeye
(OOC: Oh, I know. But they don't attack Turkey because they don't want to push it too far on the side of the West. And to Steele, Muslims are Muslims--I can't stress enough, since this came up in one of my LEW games, that the opinions of my NPCs are not the opinions of the GM ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Can you get the morph device up in time? Does anyone know Martin is a resolute? He could just pose as a soldier for hire and try to infiltrate the group that way if the morph device fails. I bet this group would jump at the opportunity to recruit someone with Carrion's muscle."

"I think it's safe to say that most people know the Resolutes. We do have some operations in secret, true, but we are a UN-sponsored group, so we at least have to be up-front about our members, at least somewhat. Besides, he doesn't speak the language."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Snipers... it is no more terror, it is slaugther they wanted. Who would show such inhuman heart than that. Terrorist want to strike there enemy and impress there people to gather support from them. Slaugther of civilians, free like that, won't bring any support for anyone. that office building was use by which company? or it was a governemental building? In that acse, which ministry or organization was establish in it?"

"Oh, it's still classified as terrorism, and it seems that what it is--a radical terrorist group, and a dangerous one. That's why we're going in--based on that, we have every reason to believe that they will indeed strike again."

Remove ads