(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhialto

First Post
It is now that it begins. At public squares, markets, courthouses, churches--indeed anywhere people gather together, speeches are made--impassioned, fiery speeches. They speak of old grievances and new--uncaring nobles, uneeded wars, meddling otherworlders, national rivalries, fools of other races. They call for immediate end to these hardships, and if it cannot be given, then it should be taken. Many hear these words, and turn away, but just as many hear and are stirred.

And the riots begin.

In city after city, town after town, angry crowds run rampant, destroying property, and occasionally lives. In Technomancy areas, elves and druids are attacked--in anti-Technomancy areas, gnomes and technologists of all stripes. Nobles are hung, soldiers killed. It is chaos.

The response to these uprisings vary. Some put them out quickly, some do not. Many people, when questioned, are quite suprised at what they have done. It is as if the spirit of the moment simply overcame them. The leaders of these revolts are rarely caught. When they are, they are generally found to be in the pay of rival nations, though some are outcast members of enemy churches, and a few simply crazed idealists.

There is no evidence that any know of the others.

Sending Spell To Vecna: I have no quams against you, should you decide to attack the immediate area which I am in, I will be gone at your command, for now let me gather up slaves, I shall offer some as a tribute towards you later...

Anabstercorian

First Post
And I run away!

Vecna's appearance means I leave. I empty my Sunbuster rounds for the day on his strike force then LEAVE. I RUN AWAY. Hell, I go straight back to Ilsensine's palace for a little bit!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
WAR UPDATE

Philidor the Blue Wizard is killed, and the mages of Kas take his body.

Then Anabstercorian shows up, in disguise, and assaults - on the side of the good guys.

Kas loses a large number of his best mages, before enough damage is done to Anabstercorian to force him to retreat.

The Legions of Kas, in their millions, swarm over Nyrond, and under orders begin moving in the direction of the Battle of the Flinty Hills, with the God Emperor has arrived personally to oversee the battle.

It is colossal.
On one side: The Seldanoran Army. The Peoples of the Flinty Hills. Garrel Enkdal. The Good Giants of the Rakers. The Gnomish Spelljamming Fleet. The Swanmay Host. Celestials and Guardinals. The forces of the Sky-Sea League.
On the other side: The immense forces of the Dark Union, with the God Emperor leading them personally. The Lost Elves of the Adri. Legions of neutral and evil Planars. The leading edge of the Legions of Kas.

In the south, the thunderstorm raging over Grandwood cannot be stopped.
Summoned Tempests (sentient thunderclouds) strike at the Salamanders, and the defenders, using their tunnels and caves, wreak havoc upon the invaders.
In Rel Astra, I am betting Drax the Invulnerable is raising an undead eyebrow.

Almor is now under the control of the Dark Union.
The Dark Union Navy is sunk.
Geoff is in the hands of the Kevellond League.
The treason of the Pomarj saved the southern Kevellond League.
The Forces of Shade are in a standoff against the Welkwood, Pomarj, Celene, and the Lortmils.

The Kevellond League cannot find Kalanyr's drow forces at all. They must be miles down.
If the forces of the Kevellond League wish to journey miles down into the Underdark, Williams must consent to that.
Otherwise, the Hosts of the Kevellond League do not pursue any further down.

The giants of the mountains are continuing to give the Kevellond League a bad time, but the robots are another matter - they are slaughtering the unprepared, medieval forces facing them with their laser cannons and high explosives.
However, the demipower Murlynd is now in the fray, and he is making a difference.
An all out firefight, magical and high-tech, is lighting up the Barrier Peaks for tens of miles all around.

The Vale of the Mage is no longer under attack, as the Kevellond Alliance realizes that it is (and always was) secretly allied with the forces of good.

Zindia continues to fight back against the invaders from Suhfang.
Suhfang is finding that their desert tactics are useless against the lizardmen in this equatorial rainforest region.
Unless further aid comes, or they think up something new, Zindia is holding firm against them.
Indeed, Zindia is winning.

The Fleet of Varnaith is now sitting in Relmor Bay. Apparently doing nothing, since Alys has not stated anything.
The People of the Shining Grottos also are idle ...

JohnBrown

First Post
I.B.K.S.C actions

Well, time to gamble.

The IBKSC forces does the following:

It throws everything that the Bright Lands and the Beings of the Cairn hills have (that isnt already doing something else) at.......Greyhawk!

The Doomgrinder comes to life the charges of the forces of the the Forces of the Bright Lands! Robilar, Rary and what few Yugoloths tha have come the portals through march on Greyhawk.

Iuz and what demons, clerics, mages and troops that can be teleported there also join the fight.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Bonedagger said:
Vecna having keept a close eye on Kas sees Kas's trouble. He immediately teleport the remaining force not occupied elsewhere.
And attack Kas from the other side. He leads the attack himself. Should the battle turn against him in any way or will anybody else than Kas's force attack him he will teleport away. (He attack with 115 pl)

A sending comes out to all the leaders of all the powers on Oerth.
"Vecna seeks the destruction of us all. Anyone he allies with only postpones his own doom. If he is victorious here he will come after you next and he will be stronger than ever. Join us against this menace. help us save the world."

Anabstercorian

First Post
No no no!

I was fighting FOR KAS. ME = ON KAS'S SIDE! I WAS ON KAS'S SIDE!

ARGH! BLASRGH! BGRRRPPRR!

Ugh.

I don't know why this keeps happening.

Rhialto

First Post
Re: No no no!

Anabstercorian said:
I was fighting FOR KAS. ME = ON KAS'S SIDE! I WAS ON KAS'S SIDE!

ARGH! BLASRGH! BGRRRPPRR!

Ugh.

I don't know why this keeps happening.

Because, evil turns on itself. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads