(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonedagger

First Post
The sky was red as blood.

Vecna looked out at his army. The damage it received from the attack on Kas was minor compared to the blow it had dealt. But that was not the true reason for the move. It had been a risk. That was not like him. It must have been the change. He had felt it when he arrived. Things was getting out of control. To much chaos for his liking.

He walked across the blackmarbled floor to the pedistal. On top of it was a ball of glowing white energy. As Vecna approached it hovered up and placed itself in his hand. It started to show images from all over the the world. First slowly but then the speed increased to a point where the colors seemed to meld into a single burning inferno. Nothing. The patterns was still to unclear to read.

It didn't matter anymore. The time was near now.

In the corner the monotome sound of the hourglass suddenly changed its tune. Only one corn was left. It slided around the hollow as if trying to advoid falling down. The sound coming from it would have made most mortals uneasy. It almost sounded as it was crying out for mercy. Then it fell down. And it felt as if all sounds in the world had ended with it. There was a feeling of anticipation in the air.

Vecna started to cast his magic.

On my earlier post I forgot I have to summon my allies first heh, so instead of attacking with them I shall also summon my slaadi, demons, and planar chromatic dragons.

dagger

Adventurer
The spelljamming dwarves will help in Celene, my troops in the 3 Ulek states have another task this turn.

[repost of my actions, see above] Edena don't forget that all the Wild Coast forces of mine that I retreated, I regrouped in Celene.

Also since they wont need my spell jamming dwarves as a taxi I will throw them into Celene. Also I have had Turn 0 and all of Turn 1 building defenses in Welkwood and the Kron Hills.

I will also start summoning Celestials this turn if possible. Also I sent you an email with stuff I am doing on my home turf. Thanks

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
WAR UPDATE # 1

ACTIONS BY LORD MELKOR

The Shade Empire has attempted to locate Turrosh Mak personally, to take and kill him (or worse.)
However, this effort has failed.

Not only is Turrosh Mak protected from scrying by massive defenses, but a certain someone (see a post before this one) has managed to cause severe jamming of telepathy and scrying across the Flanaess.

I am under the impression (correct me if I am wrong) that the Shade Army is going to advance into the Kevellond League and into the Pomarj?
Is this the case, Melkor?

Lord Melkor has stated his forces are moving east, to aid the Isles of Woe in the attack on the Duchy of Urnst.
This is bad news indeed for the Duchy of Urnst, which is now beset, and more desperately than before is pleading for help from anyone willing to help them.
Nyrond collapses. Hit by Kas and his Legions, and by a force of Shades 25 PL strong, what is left of that nation is whelmed.

An enormous army of the Shade, backed by forces returning from an aborted attack on the Duchy of Urnst, and later by forces returning from Nyrond, is assailing the Kevellond League.
The Welkwood is under attack.
Gnarley Forest is under attack.
A large force crashes through the Celene lines with the help of magic, and assails the capital city of Celene, Enkstad.
There is a fierce battle, hand to hand, house to house, raging in that city between the Shades and the defenders.

ACTIONS BY MAUDLIN

Acererak's Minions began a surprise attack against the Iron League.
Unfortunately for them, they were espied, for the Iron League was extremely vigilant.
The assault was halted, and now a terrible war is raging across Onnwall, Idee, in the very streets of Irongate, and under the Iron Hills, as the Minions of Acererak battle the clerics and mages, and the valiant dwarves, of the Iron League.

A colossal force of undead has come out of the Vast Swamp and is attacking the Hollow Highlands, which only have a small force to protect themselves.
The people of the Hollow Highlands are unprepared and horrified, and they send a telepathic scream for help to anyone - ANYONE! - who will come and save them.

ACTIONS BY SERPENTEYE

Yes indeed. Tenser and Philidor now are the fawning slaves of the God Emperor.
This is permanent, barring only 10th level magic being used to undo what has been done.

The Unholy Knights and Warriors of the Isles of Woe, fresh from their victory in the County of Urnst, are now attacking the Duchy of Urnst.
However, this is a different situation.
The Duchy of Urnst is willing to fight to the last man and woman, to the death, and even many of the children are fighting alongside their parents.
They know what happened in the County of Urnst, so they fight back with all the fury and hatred they can muster.
The forces of the Isle of Woe are stopped at the border, unable for the moment to penetrate into the Duchy of Urnst.
The Duchy of Urnst is sending telepathic requests for help to it's allies in the Lortmils, and to anyone willing to send help.

The forces of the Dark Union fight on in the battle of the Flinty Hills.
To their aid comes a great force of Sahuagin.
Against them stands the Seldanoran Army and it's Giant Allies, and the remnants of the Army of Nyrond.
Also, the Gnomish Spelljammer Fleet continues to hold the skies, raining death down upon the Union forces.
The battle remains a stalemate.

ACTIONS BY SOLLIR

The forces of the Warlords are marching south to join in the attack on the Duchy of Urnst.
They make up for the aborted attack by the forces of Shade, who have now retreated.
The Duchy of Urnst is beset on the north from the Warlords, and on the south and west from the Isles of Woe.
They continue to call for help.

ACTIONS BY TURROSH MAK

The forces of the Dark Swamp, aided by a horde of giants coming down out of the Rakers, is helping the Storm Riders and barbarians as they slam their way into the Dark Union.

ACTIONS BY WILLIAMS

The Kevellond League is apologizing publicly to the Sky-Sea League.
They are offering restitution for any insult.
They are also asking for help in transporting their troops (the Flying Citadels of the Sky-Sea League can transport large numbers of troops.)

Zelda has given control of her forces to Williams.

The Storm Riders, riding (literally) within thousands of miniature tornadoes, come storming down across the Icy Sea from Telchuria, into the northeastern Flanaess.
The Snow, Frost, and Ice Barbarians, and the forces of Ratik, join them.
This force plows through the Dark Swamp, then slams into the northern part of the Dark Union with crushing force.
This force has a PL of 31.

The Baklunish Confederation and it's allies are attacking the great counterattack being made by the forces of Kalanyr, Forsaken One, and Festy Dog in the Hellfurnaces, Crystalmists, and Barrier Peaks against the Kevellond League.
Great forces from Ishtarland, Lyrn, and Aaqa, freighted by Sky-Sea Flying Citadels and dwarven spelljammers, are also coming into the fray.

The Kevellond League itself is deploying most of it's own forces to defend against the Shades to the east.
The Kevellond League is publicly welcoming the Torilians who have arrived.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
(These actions happen unless the players of these forces later object. My allies, I apologize for having to act in your name.)

With the increased support of the Hellfurnaces front with the arrival of Baklunish and Northwest Crescent forces, several spelljammers of gnomish origin fly to the flinty hills.

The forces of Varnaith, the Celestial Imperium, and the Sky_Sea League arrive in the Duchy of Urnst, the Hollow Highlands and the Iron League nations.

The forces of the Lortmils ride the Ships of the Sky League to defend the Duchy of Urnst and to try to save anything that is left of Nyrond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads