(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 3)

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, A very important question:

creamsteak said:
Situation incompatible... I don't see how it works

Edena,
I still don't understand your ruling on the situation on research. I am confounded totally. Here is what I would like answered:

This refers specifically to Delrune and the Riftcrag, I undertand others situations are different.

1) Ok, so we all have x standing army PL. Now after the appocolyptic solar flares we are reduced to 1/3 of our previous PL. This is applied to fighting strength. We have 1/3 of our previous military. 1/3 x

2) Ok, so we have y reasearching PL. After the solar flares we are still at the whole in research. We have y research.

3) Now here is where I get confused. Forces that decided to send PL from research and convert it into combat PL gain research equal to y (unchanged) and they maintain their PL from before they fought (unchanged). So forces that quit researching to start fighting were not damaged in any way and maintain their research.

4) So it is as if their PL did both fighting and research and was completely and totally immune to damage, excluding only their fighting force. So for this turn, had the Union of Oerth attacked the Red Goo they would maintain their 3000 PL and have attacked with it and have gained everything from researching, effortlessly.

5) So if you thought you were going to fight the Goo this turn beforehand, you basically lose 2/3 of your fighting PL and you don't gain anything for being the front line. Meanwhile anyone that was going to sit around and rot was unharmed whether or not they sent anyone to do some fighting.

I probably confused you all, but that would be because I am confused... confounding, isn't it?

I really don't think that it's reasonable that those who stopped their research and sent their full force to battle or Red Goo baths should get the full benefit of their research. That would be completely illogical.

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz Ponders

Iuz sends a message to Melkor, "The Pantheon has ascended, and Idols in your honor have been erected in my temples... and missionaries shall spread your gospel... I hope this pleases you."

Iuz then contemplates and sends a message BlackOmega, "I applaud the gifts and the overtures of peace, but what is the reasoning? Is this an artifical semblance of peace? Forced by this mystifying mist, or is there genuine ccompassion and acceptance of the situation on Oerth? I have seen the various nations chanting songs of love and peace but beneath the facade the anger dwells... peace and balance must be pure.. not forced..."

Iuz smiles and slowly strokes the skull of his favored ambassador, "Perhaps I can join in these festivities?"

OOC: I guess my rating would be 9,5 or 9.5 not sure of the format... not sure if I like this but it is your game... it severly pebnalizes the evil... what if one is too good? Are they penalized as well?

Last edited:

zouron

First Post
OOC

sure Serpenteye it is fair as long as those of us that have carefully guarded that our researchers research gets nifty little bonuses for that instead of expending our troops :)

Tokiwong stop whining I mean seriously good has been penalized seriously before as well, now it is evil's turn let it be and play along.

Tokiwong

First Post
Re: OOC

zouron said:
Tokiwong stop whining I mean seriously good has been penalized seriously before as well, now it is evil's turn let it be and play along.

OOC: It is not a whine just a comment I don't care I am having fun... but to be removed from the game is a little extreme has good been remoived from play for being too good? Just a question I came into this midway so I am not familiar with all that has come before... sorry if it sounds like it.. I am playing along it is fun regardless

Last edited:

Secret message to Tokiwong:

[Color=222222]
I think it may be wise for us to accept peace offers, we need time for Red Army to be restored, I also suggest secretly invading World OF Athas, to increase our might, what do you think?
[/Color]

Serpenteye

First Post
The God Emperor is highly lawful and a bit less evil than Iuz and Melkor (the olympic games of torture was an exception to the general norm). I guess he's, after the shift: 6 evil, 2 chaos.
-----

The Union of Oerth will continue the loveprogram like Mina adviced us. We will also arrange regular celebrations and religious festivals and orgies.

The God Emperor sends his request for an invitation to the party in the Vesve. If he's invited he will send a projected image of himself to the festivities.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well, firstly, Kas WAS evil: 7, chaos: 1.
So, he's now evil: 8, chaos: 2?

Secondly, Kas is going to teleport himself into the core of Oerth's sun. Hey anab, room for one more in here? He's going to take the sword of kas with him (as he takes it everywhere), and while constantly holding it, see if the heat has any effect on evil artifacts. (i.e.- it gives evil characters power, so maybe it gives evil artifacts power too).

Serpenteye, check your email.

Remove ads