(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 4)

*Smiles* Acererak is not simply Acererak, Acererak is a combination of him and Myrkul...and possibly another or so powerful undead lord... :)

Edit-Hellmaster will note that when, not if, they go to Ravenloft, the Union of Oerth will lose all its magic, psionics, technology, etc.. and that only the allies of Phibrizzo will retain their power...

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
*Smiles* Acererak is not simply Acererak, Acererak is a combination of him and Myrkul...and possibly another or so powerful undead lord... :)

Edit-Hellmaster will note that when, not if, they go to Ravenloft, the Union of Oerth will lose all its magic, psionics, technology, etc.. and that only the allies of Phibrizzo will retain their power...

Acererak is both a fool and a weakling. The same now goes for the hellmaster. Who else would make such blatant moves and allow his enemies to ally against him?

Edena, one of the anti-red goo emotions is justice, right? If it is, then this war on the part of the forces allied against the Legion of Dread should be working against the red goo and the mists just because they are fighting for justice AND sacrificing their lives so that others may live (selflessness). Now, the actions of the Legion of Dread may work for the mists, but the actions of all others should work against them.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT TO CREAMSTEAK:

Sanctus Punitor, in the Nine Hells, you have found the Shield you sought.
It is sitting there right in front of you now.

- - -

To Mr. Draco:

The Cydian Metamorphosis project continues.
However, it will not affect the Attack/Defense situation for the next 3 days.

- - -

To Sollir:

The emissary of the League of Warlords to the Githyanki is killed instantly, before he even has a chance to enter the building, much less talk with anyone.

However, the demons harken to the words of the emissary of the League of Warlords.
Infuriated at the action of the Church of Mercy, they are ready to take action.

They state that they will sacrifice a large number of their lesser kind (read: the unfortunate Petitioners) as fodder to be turned into a second Red Army.

In return, they want the League of Warlords to send mages to the Abyss, there to stay.
These mages will teach them the magical secrets - ALL of the magical secrets, including 11th level magic - known to the League of Warlords.

The demons cannot gain 11th level magic this Turn, and thus cannot themselves participate in the fighting.

However, they CAN send you several million Petitioners, and allow the Red Army to have it's way with them, thus creating a Second Red Army.

This can be done now, prior to the resolution of Attacks and Defenses, and you can state Attacks and Defenses for this Second Red Army.

However, you must agree to their terms, and you must do so now.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
The wind is howling. A brilliant cacophony of magic has risen throughout the worlds, throughout the multiverse. Once more a sweeping fire of arcane powers will wash upon and over the rocky backbones of nations.

Somewhere on Oerth lies an island. A glowing, heavily layered shield is risen over it, a defience against whatever may come. A lake of Oerthblood covers the center of this isle, and in the middle of this lake on a breath of land stands the Red Elf.

He is not alone. A true dragon stands behind him, wings outstreched; a gesture of hollow defence. On the dragon is a man, who flickers occasionally and seems somewhat...different every time. Small changes, with a result unforeseen. And to Jand's side sends his oldest ally and friend, Anfaren of the Lendore Isles - Archcleric and now first ambassador of the Sunrise Alliance.

'The odds are that we shall weather this array of attacks.' Anfaren says, quietly.

'Perhaps that is so,' Jand responds. 'But what of those people, those nations that are now doomed? What of those nations not content in their safety, berefit of a defence to the coming storm?'

The man on the dragon speaks; 'They will die.'

The dragon adds; 'And part of the multiverse will die with them.'

And Jand responds 'May their souls find escape, somehow.'

The island shudders, as somewhere the attacks begin. Comets rain accross the sky. The war has begun again, and this time will be all the worse.

I agree if this wouldn't hurt my 11th level magic to an extent (aka, more than -2 penalty to my attacks/defenses, if at all) and I will send some from my Unseelie faction.

The new army's actions will be sent to you now...

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, I wanted to know the progress not for the attacks/defenses, but for an invasion. An old style invasion like we had before turn 7 began. The idea here is that the other army's 11th level casting mages are occupied, as are those of my army, so now i send the army itself to fight. Is it too early to find out any progress on the nightfighter project?

The shield is in the nine hells? Well that isn't right... I thought the DMG had an error in it that said it was in the "three hells" which could more easily be interpreted as Hades than the nine hells.

Hmmm... I am curious... This could be very helpful, right?

William, Alliance members, and anyone with an opinion:

1) Is it a trick by the Demons or Devils to get back at me?

2) Is it a reward for housing the civilians in the church of Mercy, and for siding with the good guys?

3) Should I take the shield now that I have found it?

I have to get offline till about 9:15 now... so when I get back I will make my decision. I am reluctant to "just take it" if its just sitting out there, but it could just be luck (like the DM was rolling to see if I found it on each day).

Mr. Draco, if I remember, ALL of your forces are dedicated to looking at other crystal spheres and cultivating your alliances...as per one of Serpentine's recent posts...

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, one more thing that just came to my mind. A while back you said that there was a race, a MORTAL race that could successfully oppose and fight back against the dark powers. Also, you mentioned that it could be summonned from within, and said that we all should know what you were talking about. However, I have no idea what you were referring to, if it's possible, could you tell me?

Remove ads