First Post
iwatt said:
[sblock=Spot DC 18]
Knife hidden in his boot: Sleight of Hand: 18= 1d20+16
[/sblock]

[sblock=Spot DC 26]
Knife hidden under his vest: Sleight of Hand: 26=1d20+14
[/sblock]

@Iwatt: Each time you'll draw these two daggers, you'll have to roll a new sleight of hand. I suggets for simplicity to simply take 10 for these rolls, giving you DC of 26 and 24 respectively. That way, it will make thing easier for the master.

@All players: By the way, is there by any chance, a chance that our characters have met each other. It could be interesting that we aren't total stranger at first, even if we aren't great friends.

iwatt

First Post
Velmont said:
@Iwatt: Each time you'll draw these two daggers, you'll have to roll a new sleight of hand. I suggets for simplicity to simply take 10 for these rolls, giving you DC of 26 and 24 respectively. That way, it will make thing easier for the master.

I know. I just wnated to try out Invisible Castle (this is my first PbP) and my spoilerbloc-fu. ;) Let's just say that this time his weapon's were hidden in a hurry.

Velmont said:
@All players: By the way, is there by any chance, a chance that our characters have met each other. It could be interesting that we aren't total stranger at first, even if we aren't great friends.

Well, Kemal is a gambler. Any character could have met him at one of the many seedy taverns and inns of Aquilonia. He also worked as a cook's helper in a carvan a 3 years before. So there is at least the possibilty of a passing aquaintance with just about anybody.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Barak said:
Oh, I just realized I hadn't picked languages yet. Where are we going to be starting at?
Iron Captain said:
Your Character should have some reason for joining a caravan going from Aquilonia to the city of Alqat in the north of Shemit.

As for previous friendships, it doesn't look too impossible. Khepra has been in Aquilonia for a while. Who knows what kind of drinking buddies he could have found while there? Some people get drunk and wind up in a stranger's bed. We get drunk and wind up as caravan guards. Now THAT'S a good night.

iwatt

First Post
hafrogman said:
As for previous friendships, it doesn't look too impossible. Khepra has been in Aquilonia for a while. Who knows what kind of drinking buddies he could have found while there? Some people get drunk and wind up in a stranger's bed. We get drunk and wind up as caravan guards. Now THAT'S a good night.

:lol:

BTW, I think the language of consensus might as well be Aquilonian. Just so that we don't have to "me Tarzan you Jane" among us ;)

Kemal "The not very Aquilonian-looking"

I still have 2 language points to spread. I'm thinking Shemit and a Northern language, or I might leave them free....

Barak

First Post
Doh! I was specifically looking for a starting location, so I just browsed over that because it was talking about having a reason to adventure. :)

Alright, Aquilonian...

I also have no problem with knowing some/all of you from before. Kadoch is fairly green as a traveler, and would have likely seeked to meet other people to travel with. He -would- have needed to drink a whole lot to get that drunk, though. :(

Last edited:

Iron Captain

First Post
hafrogman said:

This sounds like a great idea. "What do ya mean I have to guard your stupid caravan?"
"Well this contract you signed clearly states that you can either guard my goods or have both your hands cut off."
"I have been meaning to do some travelling now that you mention it." ;)

iwatt

First Post
Iron Captain said:
This sounds like a great idea. "What do ya mean I have to guard your stupid caravan?"
"Well this contract you signed clearly states that you can either guard my goods or have both your hands cut off."
"I have been meaning to do some travelling now that you mention it." ;)

Well Kemal, had initially dismissed taking on the job, but the next day he showed up with a much better attitude.

Erekose13

Explorer
Iron Captain, put me down as an alt if you need one. I've got an interesting idea for a flamboyant pirate type character, using Man-at-arms and a concentration on Combat Expertise and finesse type weapons.

[sblock=notes]Combat Expertise 1 - -3 to hit, +3 Def
Combat Expertise 2 - +3 to hit, -3 Def
Weapon Focus 1 - +1 to hit
Beast Lore 1 - +1 to hit/dmg per round
Overwhelming Presence 1 - +3 Def
Str 16
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 16[/sblock]

Remove ads