(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

Darkwolf

First Post
I am seeking a special horde to eat up a good portion of my PL...also wondering if its possible to claim the shadow dragon as an npc...

For the horde I was thinking of something along the lines of the following depending on what the answer is to my other question:

Kyoso Special Task Force: PL 30 IR ?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Festy Dog
I'd like to claim the following -

NPC: Festy Dog (Fighter 10 / Weapon Master 4 / Honour 2) - Male, Blink Dog, NG, PL 1

Custom Troops: Gale Blades - 20PL of Samurai

Otherwise I'm pretty stumped on how to fill the rest of my PL.

Answer: Noted. I'll see what I can do. Do you have enough artifacts, NPCs, PCs, and such? Those are the easist to add. Custom units are also claimable, though they can get into the way.

Lichtenhart
Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
* Ito Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Kugoi Province PL 5 : IR 1
The Baraunghar (General: Iuchi Lixue) PL 6 : IR 6 (see description below)
The Junghar (General: Moto Chen) PL 6 : IR 6 (see description below)

The Khol (General: Moto Chagatai) PL 8 : IR 9 (see description below)

Non-Player Characters
Shinjo Shono (Male Rng 2/Sam 3/Explorer 3) PL 1

Territories in the North West of Rokugan
* Akami (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Bikami (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Bugaisha (Fort) PL 10 : IR 10 (see question below)
* Egami (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kamashimino Komichi (Sorrow's Path) PL 1 : IR 0
* Kawa Nemui (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kawa Nemui (Sleeping River) PL 1 : IR 0
* Kibukito (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kurayami-ha (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Oshindoka (City) PL 3 : IR 4
* Yashigi (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Territories in the West of Rokugan
**Okuyaki (Village) PL 1 : IR 1 (you should add it to the list)
**Shinden Horiuchi (Shrine) PL 6: IR 2 (you should add it to the list)

Answer: Noted.

Lichtenhart
The Baraunghar: the Army of the West.
This troop is composed by the war shugenja of the Iuchi and by the swiftest Battle Maidens of the Utaku. The Khan ordered them to specialize in quick assaults and guerrilla tactics he learned in gaijin lands and they didn't disappoint him. The speed they can reach is stuff of legends throughout the Empire, especially among the Crabs that were aided by them against the Shadowlands.

The Junghar: The Army of the East.
Among the Unicorn's techniques rokugani don't fully understand there is the Shinjo Parry. Members of the Junghar are master of this technique which consists in using one's own sword to deflect the enemy's attack and furthermore they are assisted by the best Shinjo trained scouts, which makes them a truly impressive defensive force.

The Khol: The Army of the Center.
Very few can tell to have seen the wrong end of a Khol charge. Composed by the most seasoned warriors of the Unicorn, the elite Battle Maidens and the fiercest Moto Berserkers, The khol usually attacks when the other wings have already done they damage, to completely sweep away the enemy at the expense of their own defense. This is the army who crushed the Dark Moto, when the Khan himself rode at their very head.

Creamsteak, a little question for you: how it is that Bugaisha is stonger than a castle? Here is its description from Rokugan CS:
U9 Bugaisha (Outsider Keep): This is were the Unicorn send their dishonored samurai in order to remove them from the courts and activities of the Empire at large. It is considered a great dishonor to be sent here; a samurai thus exiled from his clan may as well shave his head and retire. There is no exit from Bugaisha. Until the destruction of the Dark Moto, this keep also served as the prymary dojo for the Moto bushi schol. The school has since relocated to Shiro Moto (U27).
Can you shift back its stat to that of a normal castle (7/5) and assign 10/10 to Shiro Moto?

Answer: Noted. PL and IR will be swapped.

Tokiwong
Tentative Claims List
Player Character

Uda Hiyone Fighter 5/Samurai 5/Iaijutsu Master 5 (PL 3)

Monkey Clan
* Northern Yaen Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Southern Yaen Province PL 5 : IR 1

Tortoise Clan
* Northern Zamede (1/2 province) PL 5 : IR 1
* Southern Zamede (1/2 province) PL 5 : IR 1

Territories in the North West of Rokugan
* Fu-kurokujin Seido (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
* Heigen Kori (Ice Plain) PL 3 : IR 0
* Kamashimino Komichi (Sorrow's Path) PL 1 : IR 0
* Kawa Nemui (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kawa Nemui (Sleeping River) PL 1 : IR 0
* Kibukito (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kurayami-ha (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kyodai na Kabe sano Kita (Great Wall of the North/West) PL 20 : IR 0

Territories in the East of Rokugan
* Castle of the Emerald Champion (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
* Heigen No Hayai Mondai (Plain of Fast Troubles) PL 3 : IR 0
* Kyuden Seppun (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
* Kyuden Tonba (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4

Hmm not sure if I did this... right...

Answer: You did it right. I'll check the lists and see if it's all going to fall together. I'll also see how we can help fill your PL cap.

Lichtenhart
Actually, I think I beat you to those by about five hours...

Here's my little advices:
As a minor clan player, you won't find many places on the map you can rightfully claim and I'm not sure you'll gain advantage from few territories the bigger clans may consider as theirs... Let's see other ways to reach your PL cap.

NPCs: You can claim up to ten newly generated NPCs and I think as many as you want "official" NPCs, e.g. Toku, Monkey Clan Champion (Com3 / Sam7 [really orrible stats! pump him up by 4 or 5 levels]) PL 1

Unaligned lands: well, there is some chaos here. You could check with Kalanyr, because he claimed several minor clan and the imperial provinces but not all their territories, several are not on the list; you probably can find a deal. There are also some places controlled by ronin.
I will tell you better later.

Troops and special troops:
Something like Imperial Guard PL 10 : IR 28 should fit well.

Artifacts:
You may forge some artifact to strenghten your PC or NPCs or even a major artifact (100 PL) to balance Sollyr's one. Then all the good guys will owe you something.

Answer: Heh... thanx Lichtenhart.

Darkwolf
I am seeking a special horde to eat up a good portion of my PL...also wondering if its possible to claim the shadow dragon as an npc...

For the horde I was thinking of something along the lines of the following depending on what the answer is to my other question:

Kyoso Special Task Force: PL 30 IR ?

Answer: Seems fine with me... Go ahead and claim your dragon, and it's PL will follow the rules I set for your PL. 15 HD equals 1 PL. So you can set it's HD to 29. Also your other unit will probably be ok. I'll wait for you to confirm that you want to claim. They will be PL 10 : IR 28 as per your PC. You can make an additional unit, but I don't know if they would have an IR.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
You bad guys have yet to claim the Tsuno, the Onisu and the worst of all, the Pekkle no Oni.
I recommend the Onisu, because I think thy can be a wonderful opportunity for roleplaying.

Tokiwong, I didn't have the time before to type it all, but here's what I got:

check this map

Monkey's territories
A28 Toku Torid-e (Virtuous Keep) (Palace?) PL 6 : IR 4? [It should be added to the list]
A18 * Dangai (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
A29 Vigilant Keep of the Monkey (Castle?) PL 7 : IR 5? [It should be added to the list]

Tortoise's territories
A4 * Ryu Bannin (City) PL 3 : IR 4
A7 Yoake Fusheru (Dawn Tower) (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3 [It should be added to the list]
A11 Nichibotsu Fusheru (Sunset Tower) (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3 [Actually claimed by Kalanyr]
A13 Reihado Shinsei (Crow Shrine) (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2 [It should be added to the list]
* Hanto no Yoake (Peninsula of Dawn) PL 1 : IR 0

Ronin territories
A15 * Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
U19 * Kanemochi Kaeru (City) PL 3 : IR 4
[Please Black Omega tell us if there are more]

Unclaimed territories in Imperial Provinces
A1 * Kyuden Miya (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
A3 * Castle of the Emerald Champion (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
just outside A9 * Kyuden Seppun (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
* Heigen No Hayai Mondai (Plain of Fast Troubles) PL 3 : IR 0

Hare's unclaimed territories
A2 * Shiro Usagi (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
A20 * Kudo (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A21 * Meidochi (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Sparrow's unclaimed territories
A25 Kyuden Suzume (Sparrow Clan Palace) (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4 [It should be added to the list]

Unaligned territories
A14 * Shiden Osano-Wo (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
A17 * Zakyo (City) PL 3 : IR 4

I think this way you and Kalanyr could easily divide the minor clans and the imperial provinces among yourselves.
Hope this helps! :)

Black Omega

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
You bad guys have yet to claim the Tsuno, the Onisu and the worst of all, the Pekkle no Oni.
HUG!:) The Pekkle no Oni can be very interesting, I've used one in my game and the PC's were very pleased to finally kill it.

The Tsuno are interesting and still very mysterious. They could well be the most powerful force in the Shadowlands now.

The Onisu are individually powerful, but there's only eight. And about to die in storyline, interestingly. Should be a fun battle to see at Gencon.:)

Black Omega

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Hrm, could you infer a little more on them? Are the Onisu the powerful oni who fell Torturi in a single hit?
It's been a while since I read that story, but I think it was more of a battle than that, though Toturi never did have a chance. The Onisu require a special way of fighting. Against Toturi it was a single Onisu, Betrayal, the Nightmare of the Scorpion. Each of the Onisu is the Nightmare of a Major clan. For the Phoenix, their Onisu is Death. For the Crab it is Fear (though it was widely speculated earlier it might be Hygiene:)). The Onisu of the Mantis is Greed. I forget the others..the Onisu of the crane may have been Desire. It was troubled greatly in a fight by a samurai without any desire.

Xeriar

First Post
Black Omega said:

It's been a while since I read that story, but I think it was more of a battle than that, though Toturi never did have a chance. The Onisu require a special way of fighting. Against Toturi it was a single Onisu, Betrayal, the Nightmare of the Scorpion. Each of the Onisu is the Nightmare of a Major clan. For the Phoenix, their Onisu is Death. For the Crab it is Fear (though it was widely speculated earlier it might be Hygiene:)). The Onisu of the Mantis is Greed. I forget the others..the Onisu of the crane may have been Desire. It was troubled greatly in a fight by a samurai without any desire.

I still want to see a nameless one (preferably rank 8ish :) go up against the lord elemental terror of Void. 'Yoouuu taaake vooiid. Yooouu noo deseerve vooiid. Weee taaake baaack.'

Xeriar

First Post
Xeriar - PL 157/160
Player Character
Hida Sonoru (Male Samurai 14) PL 1

Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
Hida (Samurai/Hida Defender/Honor 2) Daimyo: Hida Kuroda (Male Sam 10) PL 1 : IR 1
Hiruma (Ranger/Shadow Scout/Honor 2) Daimyo: Hiruma Masagaro (Male Rng 5, Sam 2, Shadowlands Vet 5) PL 2 : IR 2
Kaiu (Samurai/Siegemaster/Honor 2) Daimyo: Kaiu Umasu (Male Sam 5, Siege 10) PL 5 : IR 8
Kuni (Shugenja/Witch Hunter/Honor 1) Daimyo: Kuni Tansho (Female Shu 18) PL 8 : IR 18
Toritaka (Fighter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Toritaka Tatsune (Male Ftr 4/Sam 2/Rng 1/Shadowlands Vet 7) PL 4 : IR 5
Crab Berserkers (Fighter / Berserker Honor 1) - Leader: Hida Kuon. PL 1 : IR 1
Oga Province PL 5 : IR 1
Kiwase Province PL 5 : IR 1
Jime Province PL 5 : IR 1
Ayo Province PL 5 : IR 1
Gihazo Province PL 5 : IR 1
Doman Province PL 5 : IR 1
Shinda Province PL 5 : IR 1
Himo Province PL 5 : IR 1

Non-Player Characters
Hida Kuon (Male Ftr 5 / Berzerker 5: PL 1) as a general
Crab Clan Champion: Hida Kuroda (Male Sam 10) PL 1
Hiruma Masagaro (Male Rng 5, Sam 2, Shadowlands Vet 5) as a general. PL 1

Territories in the Far South West of Rokugan
Kabe ue no ho ni sa Umi (Wall above the Ocean) PL 3 : IR 0
Watchtower of the East (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
Nishiyama (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Sunda Mizu (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Heiwa na Kaze Heigen (Quiet Wind Plane) PL 3 : IR 0
Koten (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Shio Senyo no Riku (Tidal Landbridge) PL 1 : IR 0
Kawa Sano Saigo No Kamae (River of the Last Stand) PL 1 : IR 0
Yasuki Yashiki (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Jinshin Sakana Wan (Earthquake Fish Bay) PL 3 : IR 0
Shiro Hiruma (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Shiro Kuni (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kaiu Kabe (Carpenter Wall) PL 3 : IR 0
Kaiu Toge (Carpenter Pass) PL 3 : IR 0
Kyuden Hida (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
Kuni Areno (Kuni Wastes) PL 3 : IR 0
Bells of the Dead (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2

Territories in the South West of Rokugan
Kaiu Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kuda (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Maemikake (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
Watchtower of the West (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
Shiro Kaotsuki no Higashi (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kakita Bogu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Kamisori sano Yoake Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5

Territories in the Far South East of Rokugan
Yasuki Hanko (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Higashiyama (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Midaki (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

I will be dropping:
Kuni Wastes PL 3 : IR 0
Hida Kuon (Male Ftr 5 / Berzerker 5: PL 1) as a general
Hiruma Masagaro (Male Rng 5, Sam 2, Shadowlands Vet 5) as a general. PL 1
Crab Clan Champion: Hida Kuroda (Male Sam 10) PL 1
Shiro Hiruma (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5

For a total of 13 PL dropped
(Shiro Hiruma and the Kuni Wastes are both on the wrong side of the Wall/River of the Last stand).

----

To upgrade Toritaka's army from
Toritaka (Fighter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Toritaka Tatsune (Male Ftr 4/Sam 2/Rng 1/Shadowlands Vet 7) PL 4 : IR 5
to
Toritaka (Fighter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Toritaka Tatsune (Male Sam 6/Brz 4/Shadowlands Vet 10) PL 10 : IR 28

And gain:
Hida Inukai's Berserkers (Berserker Honor 1) - Leader: Hida Inukai (Brz 15). PL 5 : IR 8

and

Hida Sakamoto's Trrop (samurai / fighter honor 2) Leader: Hida Sakamoto (Sam 5 / Fighter 10) PL 5 : IR 8

For a total of 16 PL gained, which should finish me out.

---

I would also like to rename the Crab Berserkers to Hida Kuon's Berserkers.

---

Hida Sakamoto, Hida Inukai, and Toritaka Tatsune are all detailed in Way of the Samurai.

Remove ads