(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Here are infos on the onisu: http://ncl5r.sytes.net/CCG/onisu.htm

The Onisu are pretty always stuff for moderator calls, creamsteak. If their adversaries are "guilty" of what they embody (say, feeling fear when you're fighting the Nightmare of the Crab, or desire when you're fighting Yokubo) they are virtually unstoppable, otherwise they're not as powerful.

[And here it comes the main question: why Toturi was defeated by the Onisu of Betrayal? Did he have betrayal in his heart?]

Black Omega

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Here are infos on the onisu: http://ncl5r.sytes.net/CCG/onisu.htm

The Onisu are pretty always stuff for moderator calls, creamsteak. If their adversaries are "guilty" of what they embody (say, feeling fear when you're fighting the Nightmare of the Crab, or desire when you're fighting Yokubo) they are virtually unstoppable, otherwise they're not as powerful.

[And here it comes the main question: why Toturi was defeated by the Onisu of Betrayal? Did he have betrayal in his heart?]
Not totally true, this has been a bit unclear. When Sezaru got punted around by the Onisu of desire it was because he was burning with a desire for revenge. When Kuroda faced the Onisu of the Crab he wasn't afraid, but the Onisu said it made no difference, because there was so much other fear around it to give it strength.

At the same time in the present battle Daigotsu admits he expects the Onisu to all get destroyed, which does imply now that their weakness is known, it's far from impossible to counter.

And the Toturi question has been much debated. Dating back to the possibility the betrayal, in his own mind at least, could have dated back to the feeling he betrayed Hantei the 38th by not protecting the Emperor as well as he could. Like some old guilt finally coming back for revenge.

Xeriar

First Post
Black Omega said:

And the Toturi question has been much debated. Dating back to the possibility the betrayal, in his own mind at least, could have dated back to the feeling he betrayed Hantei the 38th by not protecting the Emperor as well as he could. Like some old guilt finally coming back for revenge.

He also knew why Shoju had done what he had done. No matter how one looks at it, he betrayed either the empire (by not striking down Hantei Sotori) or the emperor (by claiming his throne)...

Being corrupted by Shadow did not help, from there he betrayed existance itself...

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
You bad guys have yet to claim the Tsuno, the Onisu and the worst of all, the Pekkle no Oni.
I recommend the Onisu, because I think thy can be a wonderful opportunity for roleplaying.

Tokiwong, I didn't have the time before to type it all, but here's what I got:

check this map

Monkey's territories
A28 Toku Torid-e (Virtuous Keep) (Palace?) PL 6 : IR 4? [It should be added to the list]
A18 * Dangai (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
A29 Vigilant Keep of the Monkey (Castle?) PL 7 : IR 5? [It should be added to the list]

Tortoise's territories
A4 * Ryu Bannin (City) PL 3 : IR 4
A7 Yoake Fusheru (Dawn Tower) (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3 [It should be added to the list]
A11 Nichibotsu Fusheru (Sunset Tower) (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3 [Actually claimed by Kalanyr]
A13 Reihado Shinsei (Crow Shrine) (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2 [It should be added to the list]
* Hanto no Yoake (Peninsula of Dawn) PL 1 : IR 0

Ronin territories
A15 * Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
U19 * Kanemochi Kaeru (City) PL 3 : IR 4
[Please Black Omega tell us if there are more]

Unclaimed territories in Imperial Provinces
A1 * Kyuden Miya (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
A3 * Castle of the Emerald Champion (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
just outside A9 * Kyuden Seppun (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
* Heigen No Hayai Mondai (Plain of Fast Troubles) PL 3 : IR 0

Hare's unclaimed territories
A2 * Shiro Usagi (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
A20 * Kudo (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A21 * Meidochi (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Sparrow's unclaimed territories
A25 Kyuden Suzume (Sparrow Clan Palace) (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4 [It should be added to the list]

Unaligned territories
A14 * Shiden Osano-Wo (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
A17 * Zakyo (City) PL 3 : IR 4

I think this way you and Kalanyr could easily divide the minor clans and the imperial provinces among yourselves.
Hope this helps! :)

Quick question, is this what is left over... and the idea of an artifact to counter Sollir's is promising, and I am willing to stay small and have that and small elite forces if need be...

Xeriar

First Post
The Dragon clan is now unclaimed as well.

I would recommend that you choose either the Monkey or the Hare clan for your purposes.

The Hare were a minor clan founded by a man instrumental in the defeat of Iuchiban, though 'officially' destroyed by the Scorpion three years before the coup (and the Kolat made a big booboo there, as well at that time.) Many, many campaigns let them live on, since the PCs can participate in the battle and thwart the invasion :)

I don't have my books handy, but the Hare could have a number of potent artifacts. The Plains Above Evil still hold many mysteries as well... Rokugan has lots of weird stuff :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer

Ok. Sollir can claim them, but I'll make calls on just how powerful they are at a given point.

Quick question, is this what is left over... and the idea of an artifact to counter Sollir's is promising, and I am willing to stay small and have that and small elite forces if need be...

I'm not sure how much of it is left over. Give me 3-4 hours to finish some stuff, and I'll add these claims (those that are still claimable) to the roster for you. I need one piece of information to complete the lists: The region that these places occupy.

Xeriar

First Post
To Black Omega

I get the feeling you have all 70+ books for L5R too :)

I want to make a real atlas of L5R, something with the location and description for every city, palace and personality in Rokugan, for two time periods:

1: At the beginning of the 1st Edition RPG (four years before the coup).

and

2: At the beginning of the d20 RPG

---

A part of me wants to run a campaign, from the very beginning, all the way through these epics... :) It becomes more and more tempting each time I look through these books.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Tokiwong said:

Heh. Since you weren't here when Creamsteak made the lottery I think your cap is 150 PL. If you spend 100 of them into a major artifact, they go into another lottery that could send someone (e.g. me) really overboard while you're stuck at 50 PL. If you're willing do this, if it's allowed I'll drop anything I get from the lottery in your favor, and maybe other players will do too.
Creamsteak may also assign you a pretty consistent clan advantage if that's the case.
Black Omega and Xeriar are better qualified than me to suggest you about the artifact. With your 50 PL left you could claim The two provinces of the Monkey, the two provinces of the Hare (Kalanyr should be willing to drop them to claim some other territories I posted above) all the Monkey and Hare territories, and have 2 PL left for NPCs. Then, whatever you gain from the lottery you could spend in some elite army.

If you change your mind I'll crunch some more numbers. :)
Send a mail to Kal about Hare provinces anyway, I don't want ths to be a plot against him. :)

Creamsteak here are the destinations of the new territories if you want to add them all:
Toku Torid-e (Virtuous Keep) (Palace?) PL 6 : IR 4? -->SE
Yoake Fusheru (Dawn Tower) (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3 --> SE
Vigilant Keep of the Monkey (Castle?) PL 7 : IR 5? --> SW
Reihado Shinsei (Crow Shrine) (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2 --> SE
Hanto no Nichibotsu (Peninsula of Sunset) PL 1 : IR 0 --> SE
Kyuden Suzume (Sparrow Clan Palace) (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4 --> SE

Interesting Note:

Daigotsu had the 'Iuchi' (Unicorn) magic school learned before he went to Maho Tsukai according to Rokugan D20 statblock of him, know any evil Iuchi spellcasters turned bad? Course, both Shahai and Daigotsu also have the Blood Sorceror (Scorpion Ancestor) feat although they both aren't scorpions...a little confusing?

Thanks for the link, i'll look into it :) It's nice to see people ganging up on poor little shadowlands before the game ;)

Remove ads