(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

Darkwolf

First Post
creamsteak said:

Ok. Sollir can claim them, but I'll make calls on just how powerful they are at a given point.

Actually Sollir and I discussed it and I have the Onisu due to the limit of 10 NPCs. They are in my claim list from last night.

Xeriar

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Interesting Note:

Daigotsu had the 'Iuchi' (Unicorn) magic school learned before he went to Maho Tsukai according to Rokugan D20 statblock of him, know any evil Iuchi spellcasters turned bad? Course, both Shahai and Daigotsu also have the Blood Sorceror (Scorpion Ancestor) feat although they both aren't scorpions...a little confusing?

Thanks for the link, i'll look into it :) It's nice to see people ganging up on poor little shadowlands before the game ;)

Lots of Iuchi spellcasters turned bad - lets of just about every family turned bad. Shahai, the new Dark Daughter of Fu Leng, was originally an Iuchi, IIRC.

It was rumored for awhile the Iuchiban was one of the sorcerers whom Iuchi pissed off (Iuchi's Bane). Of course, Iuchiban was later revealed to be someone else entirely...

Lichtenhart

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Interesting Note:
It's nice to see people ganging up on poor little shadowlands before the game ;)

Hey! Actually I told you about the onisu and insisted on how they're powerful. :) And if we gang up it's because we fear you, and fear is your ally :D

Oh, and about Daigotsu: it doesn't mean he's a corrupted Iuchi (Shahai is more than enough, thanks; why nobody claimed her?). Rich Wulf said that he had to choose a school to give him the elemental focus, so he went with Iuchi because Shahai had a great deal of influence on the Lord of the Shadowlands during his formative years. I think Daigotsu real identity is the best kept secret of L5R.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I went to check about Rich's words and Xeriar beat me on time.
The real reson many Iuchi turned bad is that they practiced a lot of gaijin magic, even blood magic, and in the long run it's not going to elevate your soul. :rolleyes:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lists are about five minutes from being updated.

Tokiwong, I set a lot of claims for you based on speculation. You can drop 55 PL and claim a very major artifact if you choose. Right now I tried to skim as much as possible together, putting you at 105PL/150PL...

But you can change it of course.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Originally posted by Creamsteak
The Baraunghar (General: Iuchi Lixue) PL 6 : IR 6 (Ignores Sneak Attacks)
The Junghar (General: Moto Chen) PL 6 : IR 6 (Expert Defense, -5/+5 3/turn)
The Khol (General: Moto Chagatai) PL 8 : IR 9 (Rage, +5/No Defense 1/turn)

I just noticed you changed their powers from your last mail. Are these going to be definitive? :confused:

Xeriar

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
I went to check about Rich's words and Xeriar beat me on time.
The real reson many Iuchi turned bad is that they practiced a lot of gaijin magic, even blood magic, and in the long run it's not going to elevate your soul. :rolleyes:

Meishado is a kind of name magic, supposedly it uses the names of things that were spoken at creation itself. As a varient, the Agasha (now of the Phoenix), and Tamori of the Dragon name the spirits themselves, and the Nezumi draw upon the power of their own names.

This is important, because it is pretty readily observed that all of these groups have, in practicing their 'name' magic, removed themselves in part from 'Rokugan' (or, for the Ratlings, they aren't really a part of it in the first place). What this means exactly is as of yet uncertain.

The thing about Unicorn meishado is that it can play with blood without being maho. The kansen see this, and further the temptation... One stigma for another, since once someone uses meishado, the normal kami will no longer speak with them.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Sorry, I didn't understand your mail. I posted a sort of IC description of their powers, since I thought I could keep them secret till, say, their first battle. Nevermind. These were the power in your mail:

The Baraunghar (General: Iuchi Lixue) PL 6 : IR 6 (Move like NPCs)
The Junghar (General: Moto Chen) PL 6 : IR 6 (Avoid special attacks like surprise rounds and being attacked while fleeeing)
The Khol (General: Moto Chagatai) PL 8 : IR 9 (Rage, +5/No Defense 1/turn) [Actually, it was +4/No defense. Your call]

Oh and a couple minor things:
Moto Chen should be (Samurai 6 / Kishi Charger 7)
and you changed Bugaisha from 10/10 to 7/5. If you don't shift Shiro Moto from 7/5 to 10/10 I've got still 3 PL left.

Thanks and excuse me again. :eek:

Remove ads