(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Xeriar said:

This is important, because it is pretty readily observed that all of these groups have, in practicing their 'name' magic, removed themselves in part from 'Rokugan' (or, for the Ratlings, they aren't really a part of it in the first place). What this means exactly is as of yet uncertain.

The thing about Unicorn meishado is that it can play with blood without being maho. The kansen see this, and further the temptation... One stigma for another, since once someone uses meishado, the normal kami will no longer speak with them.

I made only a quick quote from this page: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daugherty/l5r/l5rcards1.htm

Where did you get that infos about Meishodo and the kami? It is very interesting for a certain project of mine...

Xeriar

First Post
Isawa Korekado - the Magician, ancient during the Clan War, now leads the Cloud sect. (Character Level 18) PL 2 (+5/+2)
Korekado, the Only remaining Original Master. (Character Level 14) PL 1 (+5/+2)

These two are the same individual, someone got dropped.

Typically, the Kolat Masters will drop their family name, to respect the fact that they do not acknowledge the kami.

Where did you get that infos about Meishodo and the kami? It is very interesting for a certain project of mine...

The Way of the Unicorn goes over it in detail. Way of the Ratling talks about Nexumi magic, and Magic of Rokugan talks about how the Dragon have lost a part of their connection... Though only Way of the Dragon explicitly tells you that their unique magic is indeed a varient of name magic.

Who is the other Kolat Master then Xeriar, or is there none?

Also, I will claim Shahai unless another player comes to claim her as his/her PC.

Edit-Where can Rich's words be found? In the book somewhere?

And who has Iuchiban been reincarnated as... :)

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Additonal Claims

NPCs

Sakura Ronin Phoenix Shugenja (Shugenja 10/Void Disciple 6) PL 3

Kigato Ronin Ninja (Ninja 15) PL 3

Fuzake Kinto Monkey Clan Shugenja (Shugenja 10) PL 1

Toku Current Monkey Clan Daimyo (Commoner 3/Samurai 7) PL 1

Artifacts

The Iron Monkey Blade (+6/+0) *Wielded by Uda Hiyone PL 10

Armor of the Jade Monkey (+0/+6) *Wielded by Uda Hiyone PL 10

Armies

Do we just create these or is there a method behind he madness?

Last edited:

Xeriar

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Who is the other Kolat Master then Xeriar, or is there none?

Also, I will claim Shahai unless another player comes to claim her as his/her PC.

Edit-Where can Rich's words be found? In the book somewhere?

And who has Iuchiban been reincarnated as... :)

All of the masters are listed in Way of the Ninja, save for the Hidden Tiger, silly :p

As for Iuchiban's reincarnation, I don't know. I don't know if there is an 'official' end to the Tomb of Iuchiban adventure (the place is a deathtrap - it seriously deserves a negative IR :p )

Kalanyr

Explorer
I relinqush the Hare Clan and the Hare NPCs and add the ability for the wearer to be immune to all scrying including Sollirs to the Cloak of the Trickster. I'll pick some other NPCs soon.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Tokiwong
NPCs

Sakura Ronin Phoenix Shugenja (Shugenja 10/Void Disciple 6) PL 3

Kigato Ronin Ninja (Ninja 15) PL 3

Fuzake Kinto Monkey Clan Shugenja (Shugenja 10) PL 1

Toku Current Monkey Clan Daimyo (Commoner 3/Samurai 7) PL 1

Artifacts

The Iron Monkey Blade (+6/+0) *Wielded by Uda Hiyone PL 10

Armor of the Jade Monkey (+0/+6) *Wielded by Uda Hiyone PL 10

Armies

Do we just create these or is there a method behind he madness?
Mkay... ackknowledged.

There is a method... but it's been ignored to the point that I simply don't care anymore. You can assign an NPC to be Daimyo, or just give me some logical stats for it and I'll add it.

Xeriar
As for Iuchiban's reincarnation, I don't know. I don't know if there is an 'official' end to the Tomb of Iuchiban adventure (the place is a deathtrap - it seriously deserves a negative IR :p )
Intretesting stuff... and quite likely :).

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Oh, and about Daigotsu: it doesn't mean he's a corrupted Iuchi (Shahai is more than enough, thanks; why nobody claimed her?). Rich Wulf said that he had to choose a school to give him the elemental focus, so he went with Iuchi because Shahai had a great deal of influence on the Lord of the Shadowlands during his formative years. I think Daigotsu real identity is the best kept secret of L5R.
True enough. On a message board someone said at a convention they asked if Daigotsu was the son of Hantei the 39th, the Last Hantei. And Rich got a little red in the face and gave a little "You'll have to wait and see." thing.

Rich, on the other hand, said that question didn't faze him. But the person correctly guessing the identity of the offspring of Yoritomo was what caught him offguard. I suspect at Gencon we'll see some information to finally reveal this.

Black Omega

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Quick question, is this what is left over... and the idea of an artifact to counter Sollir's is promising, and I am willing to stay small and have that and small elite forces if need be...
Hee..hee..the Monkey clan elite.:) If Fuzake Garou's 20th level...:)

Black Omega

First Post
Xeriar said:
The Dragon clan is now unclaimed as well.

I would recommend that you choose either the Monkey or the Hare clan for your purposes.

The Hare were a minor clan founded by a man instrumental in the defeat of Iuchiban, though 'officially' destroyed by the Scorpion three years before the coup (and the Kolat made a big booboo there, as well at that time.) Many, many campaigns let them live on, since the PCs can participate in the battle and thwart the invasion :)

I don't have my books handy, but the Hare could have a number of potent artifacts. The Plains Above Evil still hold many mysteries as well... Rokugan has lots of weird stuff :)
The Hare survived, actually. L5R released a series of modules where you help the heir to the Hare:) survive and other stuff happens. They were 'destroyed' by the Scorpion, but they got better.:)

And if you want a good example of an inside joke in the Rokugan d20 book check out the Fuzake family of the Monkey.

Page 193, Creation of the Monkey Clan.
Shortly thereafter, a remarkable Yasuki named Garou (who had become a loyal follower of Toku during the Clan War) is also granted the Fuzake family name. This is mostly due to the Doji, who found his tireless efforts to tend the wounded and bring humor to the Empire during the war inspiring. Fuzake Garou swears fealty to Toku and joins the fledgling Monkey Clan.

Evidently Rich had no idea they were going to be added to the book, it was his two partners playing a little joke on him. First that Fuzake Garou was Toku's sidekick, since Toku was a much joked about whipping boy for many L5R players. Secondly, because Fuzake Garou was the main character of Rich Wulf's humorous fan fiction Rokugan 90210, and he had no idea they were planning to add Garou to Rokugan for real. That's your Rokugan trivia for the day.:)

Remove ads