(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

Updated List:

The Hidden Tiger will be Daigotsu

Sollir Furryfoot - PL 44/50
Player Character:
Daigotsu (Male Evil Outsider Maho-tsukai 20) Leader of the Maho-tsukai PL 4

Armies:
Daigotsu's Personal Guard (A group of Oni and other tainted creatures sworn to protecting Daigotsu.) PL 20 : IR 0

Artifact :
Artifact Weapon (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Daigotsu's Obsidian Blade (+3/+3) Character Bonus
The Oni's Eye (Allows Flawless Scrying 3/turn and gives 10 Kolats and Daigotsu +3/+0 Army Bonus)

Non-Player Characters
Kakita Kyruko (Rog3/Ftr2/Crt4) leads the Silken sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Shosuro Nyoko. Leads the Lotus Sect. She has faked her own death, but… PL 1 (+5/+2)
Kuni Nakiro is currently the leader of the Dream sect, and he makes the sleepers. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Moshi Shanegon leads the Coin sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Ikoma Tsai leads the Chrysanthemum sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Morito (Ox clan Champion) now leads the Steel sect (which guards the hidden temple.) PL 1 (+5/+2)
Yasuki Taka, the shadow corrupted leader of the Jade sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Isawa Korekado - the Magician, ancient during the Clan War, now leads the Cloud sect. (Character Level 18) PL 2 (+5/+2)
Korekado, the Only remaining Original Master. (Character Level 14) PL 1 (+5/+2)

Hidden Territory
The Secret Village, and the Secret Dojo, Home of the Oni's Eye (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

What would be a respectable PL for the Elemental Terrors? A 9th level maho spell can summon them I believe (Rise, Taint), but I suppose I'd have to pay for them from my own PL? Perhaps Elemental Terror PL 4/IR 0?

Xeriar

First Post
The terror lords are significantly more powerful than their spawn (rise taint and all).

PL 4 for a real terror would probably be appropriate, (and I think Daigotsu and Hoshi should each be PL 4 too). A terror spawn would be more like PL 1.

Note that the real terrors -can- be destroyed. You send the terror of void up against a group of ishiken, it's your fault :p

Darkwolf

First Post
As the Onisu are all named individuals (even if we don't know all their names) could they be PL 2 each? If so make them in my claims PL 2, please.

Darkwolf - PL 130/180
Player Character
Kyoso no Oni (Powerful Oni Lord) Exiled to Jigoku, Rokugani Hell, by Daigotsu. PL 2

Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
Shadowlands Horde (Ruled by A variety of Bakemono, Oni and other tainted creatures based in the Shadowlands.) PL 50 : IR 0
Horde of Kyoso no Oni (A Rogue group of Oni, loyal to Kyoso no Oni, and pledged to the destruction of Daigotsu) PL 20 : IR 0
Crippled Bone Nezumi Tribe (bezerkers/bushi) PL 16 : IR 12
Grasping Paw Nezumi Tribe (rogue) PL 14 : IR 8

Non-Player Characters
Oni Lord (Character Level 14) 1 PL

Territories in the Far South West of Rokugan
The Festering Pit of Fu Leng (Sinkhole) PL 24 : IR 8

I drop the following claims:

I add the following claims:
Artifact: Pendant of the Shadowlands: +3/+3 character bonus -10 Max PL
Shadow Dragon NPC: 29 HD: 1 PL
Crab Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Crane Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Dragon Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Lion Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Mantis Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Phoenix Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Scorpion Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Unicorn Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Kyoso Brute Squad: PL 10 IR 28

This brings me to 145/170 + 10 Artifact

Creamsteak

Explorer
Darkwolf
As the Onisu are all named individuals (even if we don't know all their names) could they be PL 2 each? If so make them in my claims PL 2, please.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkwolf - PL 130/180
Player Character
Kyoso no Oni (Powerful Oni Lord) Exiled to Jigoku, Rokugani Hell, by Daigotsu. PL 2

Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
Shadowlands Horde (Ruled by A variety of Bakemono, Oni and other tainted creatures based in the Shadowlands.) PL 50 : IR 0
Horde of Kyoso no Oni (A Rogue group of Oni, loyal to Kyoso no Oni, and pledged to the destruction of Daigotsu) PL 20 : IR 0
Crippled Bone Nezumi Tribe (bezerkers/bushi) PL 16 : IR 12
Grasping Paw Nezumi Tribe (rogue) PL 14 : IR 8

Non-Player Characters

Territories in the Far South West of Rokugan
The Festering Pit of Fu Leng (Sinkhole) PL 24 : IR 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drop the following claims:

I add the following claims:
Artifact: Pendant of the Shadowlands: +3/+3 character bonus -10 Max PL
Shadow Dragon NPC: 29 HD: 1 PL
Crab Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Crane Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Dragon Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Lion Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Mantis Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Phoenix Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Scorpion Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Unicorn Onisu NPC: 14 character levels: 1 PL
Kyoso Brute Squad: PL 10 IR 28

This brings me to 145/170 + 10 Artifact
Noted. They can have PL 2.

Xeriar
The terror lords are significantly more powerful than their spawn (rise taint and all).

PL 4 for a real terror would probably be appropriate, (and I think Daigotsu and Hoshi should each be PL 4 too). A terror spawn would be more like PL 1.

Note that the real terrors -can- be destroyed. You send the terror of void up against a group of ishiken, it's your fault :p

Taken into account...
Sollir Furryfoot Updated List:

The Hidden Tiger will be Daigotsu

Sollir Furryfoot - PL 44/50
Player Character:
Daigotsu (Male Evil Outsider Maho-tsukai 20) Leader of the Maho-tsukai PL 4

Armies:
Daigotsu's Personal Guard (A group of Oni and other tainted creatures sworn to protecting Daigotsu.) PL 20 : IR 0

Artifact :
Artifact Weapon (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Daigotsu's Obsidian Blade (+3/+3) Character Bonus
The Oni's Eye (Allows Flawless Scrying 3/turn and gives 10 Kolats and Daigotsu +3/+0 Army Bonus)

Non-Player Characters
Kakita Kyruko (Rog3/Ftr2/Crt4) leads the Silken sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Shosuro Nyoko. Leads the Lotus Sect. She has faked her own death, but… PL 1 (+5/+2)
Kuni Nakiro is currently the leader of the Dream sect, and he makes the sleepers. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Moshi Shanegon leads the Coin sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Ikoma Tsai leads the Chrysanthemum sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Morito (Ox clan Champion) now leads the Steel sect (which guards the hidden temple.) PL 1 (+5/+2)
Yasuki Taka, the shadow corrupted leader of the Jade sect. PL 1 (+5/+2)
Isawa Korekado - the Magician, ancient during the Clan War, now leads the Cloud sect. (Character Level 18) PL 2 (+5/+2)
Korekado, the Only remaining Original Master. (Character Level 14) PL 1 (+5/+2)

Hidden Territory
The Secret Village, and the Secret Dojo, Home of the Oni's Eye (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

What would be a respectable PL for the Elemental Terrors? A 9th level maho spell can summon them I believe (Rise, Taint), but I suppose I'd have to pay for them from my own PL? Perhaps Elemental Terror PL 4/IR 0?

Elemental terrors? Are they a single creature, or a place, or what? If they are like an NPC they wouldn't have an IR...

Tell me a little about them if that's ok.

I think I'll let one of the board's rokugan experts handle this, basically there is the original elemental terror, which is very powerful and it spawns lesser elemental terrors which are powerful in their own right, the IR of '3' was a crude way to represent them spawning a single lesser elemental terror in a year :) Honestly I have no clue to stat them out, but I was thinking I could burn a few of my last PL on one of the original ones or some of the lesser.

Black Omega

First Post
The Elemental Terrors come in three flavors. Lesser Terrors, which run around a CR 3-4. Greater Terrors which are a DR 12. And True Terrors, which serve the Dark Oracles directly and which might weigh in around CR 30. The True Terrors seem primarily to exist simply to produce lesser Terrors, which then level up to Greater Terror status. They also guard Womb of Terror, a volcano near the great Pit of Fu Leng, deep in the Shadowlands which serves as the home of the Dark Oracles. Each True Terror has the power to produce a minimum HD lesser terror every other day.

Actually, thinking on it the True Terros might be more a CR 23 or so. The First Oni weighs in at CR 25 and could probably handle all five True Terrors at once.

Hmm..to be more basic. There is a Elemental Terror for Each Element, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. The four Dark Oracles even got together to create one for Void as well, since there is not an official Dark Oracle of the Void. Yet.;)

Since the True Terrors directly serve the Dark Oracles I'm not sure they should be in play, but certainly their offspring can be, and max out at around 36 HD.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm convinced then,

Sollir, you can claim lesser terrors up to 36 HD (PL 2). They gain 1 PL every 15 HD, so you can claim some of 15-29 HD as PL 1.

The True Terrors are under my control, as are the dark oracles, the oracles, the gods, the dragons, the fortunes, and such.

I also control the Dragon Clan, but in a more "in your face" capacity as a player.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Creamsteak: Could it be possible for me to reduce plus modifier of the artifact mask my PC has to give it special abilities?

eg. Immunity to divinations, user is alerted when being divined by any means and may simply block the divination, provide false information, or simply allow the person to divine the user normally. The mask itself is sentient and always attempts to counter scry given the oppurtunity. This protection can also be granted upon NPC's within the recent vicinity, though it is the user's choice as to what the scrier sees of them as well.

Creamsteak

Explorer
of course...

I assume immunity for a single bearer against normal scrying is a +1 equivelent.

Immunity for your entire army would be a +5 or +6 at least...

And Immunity against Sollir's Artifact for a single character would be a +5 or +6.

So immunity against Sollir's Artifact would require a +10 artifact...

Afterall he paid 100 PL for the Oni's Eye.

Which option do YOU want?

Xeriar

First Post
Black Omega said:

Since the True Terrors directly serve the Dark Oracles I'm not sure they should be in play, but certainly their offspring can be, and max out at around 36 HD.

The true terrors have, on occasion, meddled inside of Rokugan. Oni no Jimen smashed a small Crab town, but that is really all I know of the matter.

They generally don't like to do such things, however, as while they are nigh invulnerable to the blade, their presence is quite obvious to shugenja (the Isawa in Phoenix lands -felt- their creation, for example).

As a general rule, their power is roughly equivelant to the various Oni Lords. The Elemental Terror of Void generally leads the group of them.

Remove ads