• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is it a good idea to pull a lever in a dungeon?

Should you pull a lever you find in a dungeon?

• Yes. There is no reason to believe the lever is dangerous.

Votes: 114 55.3%
  • No. The lever will probably make something bad happen, or is trapped.

Votes: 92 44.7%

• Poll closed .

Hussar

Legend
Ao the Overkitty said:
It's boring if you don't pull the lever.

And that's probably the best answer I've seen. I don't play games to sit around and do safe stuff all the time. Check the lever for traps, take reasonable precautions, but, by all means, pull that lever.

Otherwise it's just boring.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Hell no!!! lol... though having said that the temptation to open it is too much to resist in most cases :)

Wow, voting is a lot closer than i thought (51/49)

Hussar

Legend
Nalfeshnee said:
Hell no!!! lol... though having said that the temptation to open it is too much to resist in most cases :)

Wow, voting is a lot closer than i thought (51/49)

Can I have your time machine? My poll reads 49 to 46. :)

the Jester

Legend
Good idea? Prolly not.

Gonna do it? Prolly...

In my campaign we even have a term for this kind of thing- "Lestering" something, named after Lester, who pulled the most infamous lever in my entire gaming history.

Jolly Giant

First Post
This appearantly endless line of "is this fair?" threads and their miscellaneous off-spurts (like this one) is like a bad car crash. It's horrible, but I just can't stop myself from staring. :confused: Also, like a car crash, it makes for a sad sight...

Templetroll

Explorer
Delta said:
Ha! :)

The results of these discussions are more and more convincing me that I'm a grognard and the D&D game community has evolved beyond my interest as a gamer. It makes me want to also ask things like:

- You find a pool of refreshing water in a dungeon. Should you dive into it?
- You find a banquet table of mouth-watering food in a dungeon. Should you eat it?
- You meet a beautiful woman in a dungeon, who flirts with you. Should you kiss her?

To which the obvious answers seem to be: No, No, and Run like hell.

I played a monk that was in a dungeon with a pool of acid with a key at the bottom of it. My monk dove in to grab the key and jump back out. It was total metagaming in that I thought if I made my save I might get in and out without taking damage!. He had scars from being beaten while a slave, which were gone when they cured him since all his skin got damaged by the acid. The other characters were most impressed with his decisiveness and boldness in action. They never let him lead but always looked to him when it came time to do something heroic.... or stupid or a combination of the two which happens more often than you would think.

I never choose to eat the food in dungeon, especially if it looks really good.

We were playing rolemaster and found a bedroom in a dungeon iwth a beautiful woman sleeping on an ornate bed. The poofy elf-dood went over to awaken her with a kiss on her lips. My orc went over along with him, flipped up her dress and kissed her lips, too! This woke up the succubus in a bad mood for some reason. She never recovered her composure sufficiently to battle effectively (DM rolled really bad! ) and we killed it quickly. That group was quite willing to let the orc lead.

[edit - back on topic. Can you add an option "Yes, The lever will probably make something bad happen, or is trapped."? It is much more like my own behavior in relation to levers in dungeons.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads