• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire OOC, (Closed)

Lou

Explorer
Having serious DSL problems....

mleibrock said:
OCC - I would have to agree, henchmen service their "boss" and are paid by them as well. Mingo would get an equal share if he works out but just as our crew do not get a share of our loot, neither would Anson.

Lou, we are not trying to cause trouble and we are not really a greedy bunch, well maybe Gnurl is... but just want to get the semantics worked out up front.

Aside from the issue of sharing loot with cohorts, the party has previously shared loot with NPCs, and recently at that, after the fight at Salty Bills.

If the group wants to split loot only among PCs, that can be agreed to.

And Mingo is even shorter than Gnurl!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lou said:
Aside from the issue of sharing loot with cohorts, the party has previously shared loot with NPCs, and recently at that, after the fight at Salty Bills.

Yeah, but we didn't 'hire' them, they were working at the bar where we started a fight, and they voluntarily entered the fight and probably saved our collective bottoms. Not to mention that at least part of that loot was to pay for damages to the aforementioned bar.

Lou

Explorer
Mowgli said:
Yeah, but we didn't 'hire' them, they were working at the bar where we started a fight, and they voluntarily entered the fight and probably saved our collective bottoms. Not to mention that at least part of that loot was to pay for damages to the aforementioned bar.

Cohorts will have to act more like bodyguards than team members if they are not considered part of the group, with a share of the booty. It's a trade-off, but they cost a feat to the PC.

mleibrock

First Post
Michael

Lou said:
Cohorts will have to act more like bodyguards than team members if they are not considered part of the group, with a share of the booty. It's a trade-off, but they cost a feat to the PC.

Lou,

I am guessing a cohort would act more like a bodyguard in any circumstance. If his boss is being attacked he would first help defend that his boss rather than jumping into a skirmish that would not involve his boss. I feel the cohort would always has his boss's best interest in mind and not necessarily the parties. In some circumstances I know the cohort may take on the bad guys and draw fire just as one of us do and in those cases we may agree to divide the treasure with them as well but all in all why would we all not get a bunch of cohorts if it meant more treasure? I can not speak for the entire party but I think the consensus is cohorts are not entitled to treasure but may be given some on occasion based on performance.

Lou

Explorer
mleibrock said:
but all in all why would we all not get a bunch of cohorts if it meant more treasure?

If you can take down more monsters, can't you can get more treasure? Cohorts are usually 2 levels below the PC, so they are more limited in what they can do. I think a half share might make sense. All PCs benefit from the cohort in that cohorts don't get any direct XP out of the XP pot.

But we can play it out in the IC thread.

Leif

Adventurer
I agree with Mikey. Cohorts should be supported by their PC. Bonuses from group treasure should be the exception rather than the rule, and should be a free gift from the entire group. I think that the bottom line here is that we don't really want to deal with cohorts if it can be avoided. We have a pretty tight group here, and we kinda like it that way. If we can add to our capabilities, great, but if you're looking to change the entrire character of the group, I for one, would ask you to just keep on traveling. If you've just got to take your entire entourage adventuring with you, then may I suggest working out a solo deal with Scott?? There is precedent for this....

Oh, and just forget Gnurl ever even thought about a cohort. :confused:

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I am really enjoying this game. Thanks, Scott.

Hey, I have an idea -- why don't Gnurl and Radoon and H'Roosh become Mingo's cohorts? Then she can pay US, and EVERYBODY will be happy!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads