• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire OOC, (Closed)

Lou

Explorer
Mowgli said:
I'm looking for something in the way of a god of the sea.

I suspect there are more, but there is at least one god of the sea: Istishia, The Water Lord. Although Scotley keeps refering to Istishia as a she in my emails....

How do you determine whether a supreme water elemental is a he or a she?

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
I suspect there are more, but there is at least one god of the sea: Istishia, The Water Lord. Although Scotley keeps refering to Istishia as a she in my emails....
How do you determine whether a supreme water elemental is a he or a she?
My idea is like the old joke:

YYUR Too Wise You Are
YYUB Too Wise You Be
ICURYY4 me I see you are too wise for me

If the sea deity is too wise, YY, then it's a goddess, because it has no x chromosome?

mleibrock

First Post
Michael

Leif said:
I am really enjoying this game. Thanks, Scott.

Hey, I have an idea -- why don't Gnurl and Radoon and H'Roosh become Mingo's cohorts? Then she can pay US, and EVERYBODY will be happy!

IF she is cute, Radoon may take his payment in the form of services, did I just say that? :eek:

Lou

Explorer
Leif said:
My idea is like the old joke:

YYUR Too Wise You Are
YYUB Too Wise You Be
ICURYY4 me I see you are too wise for me

If the sea deity is too wise, YY, then it's a goddess, because it has no x chromosome?

That makes perfect sense to me? My biology book says XX is female and XY is male.

I propose that no/no, yes/no, and no/yes are female. Yes/yes is a male.

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
That makes perfect sense to me? My biology book says XX is female and XY is male.

I propose that no/no, yes/no, and no/yes are female. Yes/yes is a male.
Ohh! You're right, you're right! XX is female, and YY is psycho killer mutant male, isn't that right?

mleibrock

First Post
what

Leif said:
Ohh! You're right, you're right! XX is female, and YY is psycho killer mutant male, isn't that right?

OK, I'm a biologist and I am lost here, I guess I should have taken more logic classes to follow this thread. I am not aware of any YY but there are XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome) and xyy (referred to simply as XYY syndrome) abnormalities.

Leif

Adventurer
mleibrock said:
OK, I'm a biologist and I am lost here, I guess I should have taken more logic classes to follow this thread. I am not aware of any YY but there are XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome) and xyy (referred to simply as XYY syndrome) abnormalities.
Ooops, my bad. I was sick the day they covered graduate biology at law school. :)

Scotley

Hero
There are other sea gods. Istishia has both a male and a female aspect though as an elemental there is gender neutrality. I don't know where that falls on the xx xy xxy continuum. It requires a stiff dose of recreational pharmaceuticals to understand zenomagicobiology, so I'll leave it to others and say that I don't care if you call Istishia he, she or it. Just don't call Istishia late for dinner.

Remove ads