• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire OOC, (Closed)

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
There are other sea gods. Istishia has both a male and a female aspect though as an elemental there is gender neutrality. I don't know where that falls on the xx xy xxy continuum. It requires a stiff dose of recreational pharmaceuticals to understand zenomagicobiology, so I'll leave it to others and say that I don't care if you call Istishia he, she or it. Just don't call Istishia late for dinner.
Better yet, just call "hir" a MORPHODITE! :)

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl's question to a water elemental

While Gnurl was waiting for the 'Sheet to be properly berthed, he wanted to cast Summon Monster III to conjure a water elemental to answer some questions that I had in a previous post. (See post 1560 in the IC thread.) I never got any answers at all. Why not?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
While Gnurl was waiting for the 'Sheet to be properly berthed, he wanted to cast Summon Monster III to conjure a water elemental to answer some questions that I had in a previous post. (See post 1560 in the IC thread.) I never got any answers at all. Why not?

Sorry, I will answer post haste. The simple answer to the question 'Why Not?' is sadly--I forgot. I should really get a co-DM to help me avoid these little mistakes for my next game don't you think?

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
Sorry, I will answer post haste. The simple answer to the question 'Why Not?' is sadly--I forgot. I should really get a co-DM to help me avoid these little mistakes for my next game don't you think?
No, I think that would be a singularly BAD idea!! Know why? Because I don't think we would allow me to DM for myself, and I don't want to share my co-DM with some homewrecking DM-cum-lately! :D

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
If runestaffs only work for arcane casters, and they say that spells in runestaffs must be on your class spell list for you to use the runestaff to cast it, then who in the hell can use a runestaff of the undead slayer? Ok, Gnurl could use it to case undeath to death, except that the runestaff must be powered by a 6th level spell to cast it and Gnurl's highest level spell is 5th. Searing Light, Disrupting Weapon, and Death Ward, are not even wizard spells, so Gnurl can't possibly cast them from the runestaff.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Yeah, there is an error in the book there somewhere. I'm going to run on the assumption that the runestaff will allow you to cast the spell even if it is not on your class list. The whole point of the item is defeated otherwise. I gave it out with the expectation that Gnurl could use it. I'll search for some errata tomorrow.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Scotley said:
Yeah, there is an error in the book there somewhere. I'm going to run on the assumption that the runestaff will allow you to cast the spell even if it is not on your class list. The whole point of the item is defeated otherwise. I gave it out with the expectation that Gnurl could use it. I'll search for some errata tomorrow.
Ok, that sounds plausible. And while I was taking a bath just now, I had another idea: Is there even a chance that Gnurl could use his +16 Necromancy Spellcraft skill to "hotwire" this runestaff to cast undeath to death, a 6th level spell, powered by Gnurl's 5th level spell? Or maybe a 5th and a 1st?

Remove ads