• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Leif

Adventurer
taking cover from Radoon

As I ascend toward the crow's nest, I'm leaning away from Radoon, to put as much of the mast between us as possible. (ooc: since I"m so small I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze all of me behind the mast. ???) :heh:

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
As I ascend toward the crow's nest, I'm leaning away from Radoon, to put as much of the mast between us as possible. (ooc: since I"m so small I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze all of me behind the mast. ???) :heh:

OOC: Radoon is below deck, so I believe the advice to take cover was intended for the crewmen accompanying him there.

Scotley

Hero
Morwyn finds the crab a tough nut to crack and even his powerful axe blows fail to do more than bounce off. Rook starts to tumble away and finds only one of the foes surrounding him gets in a swing (1d20+6=23) on the fast tumbling man. Unfortunately for Rook, it proves a hit (1d1+4=5). Rooks tumble ends abruptly as he falls unconcious to the deck. (Still waiting on 3 now 4 DC 14 Fortitude saves from Rook.) The barbarian sailor (4) charges to his fellow seaman's aid and finds his own axe little better than the Captain's, but he does manage to get one blow into the flesh of the crab. Marienna rushes to the Captain's aid and manages to slice into one of the sea Zombies with her cutlass. Finn steps back to take over a freshly loaded swivel gun on the forecastle and finds that this weapon at least has no trouble penitrating the crab shells. The blast staggers the crab in front of Morwyn, but doesn't quite finish it. Gnurl scrambles further up the mast taking cover as he goes. Below decks Radoon and his gang of sailors see a massive hound at least 5' tall at the shoulder and perhaps 400 pounds appear in the corridor. It throws back its head and howls a terrible horrifing unearthly howl that sends shivers down the spine of everyone on the ship. (All need to make a DC 11 will save or become panicked {http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#panicked}. The beast takes a step toward Radoon and the others, but it is still some 30' away near the end of the corridor that runs the length of the ship. One of the sailors runs away and tries to hide deeper in the ship. A man on deck flees to the very front of the ship looking for escape. One man actually jumps over the side from the Quarterdeck and begins to swim. The remaining crew continue the fight and a couple of well placed sling stones from the rigging manage to take out the crab attacking Morwyn. A balista shot hits the undead whale as it circles in for another attack on the ship. Amazingly, no one is hit by the attacks of the sea zombies and the remaining unwebbed crab this time.

OOC: New Round. Actions?

Attachments

• maindeck5.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

OOC:

Oh, well - at least he didn't use up his potion! Scott, you'll need to revise the map and place Rook back at his position from last round . . .

IC:

Rook starts to tumble away from the attacking Zombies, but one of the foul creatures catches him mid-spin with a reaching claw and the unfortunate scout drops bonelessly to the deck (-1 HP).

OOC:

Fortitude Checks (1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+2=16). I assume he was downed before hearing the dog, so he shouldn't need to make the Will Check.

Last edited:

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

will save (1d20+3=12) (OOC: thank goodness for the Rage Will Save bonus...)

OOC: The post indicates that Large Crab #1 is dead, but the map still shows the beastie. I'll act based upon the post; if I'm wrong, please let me know because my action would change.

IC: I'll turn and attack the zombie directly behind me (OOC: #1), holding nothing back from my initial swing (1d20+7=9). Had that attack dropped the zombie, I'd have moved on to the next one, but since it went wild I'll attack it again (1d20+2=14), successfully inflicting damage (1d10+23=25).

Remove ads