ISRP Convention??

Kallikrates

First Post
Ruthia, you have a point, the prices must be determined.

There's money to be made....for this....

Ho-hum....I guesstimate that the total cost will exceed $1,000 at least and that's for getting this set up at X location. Of course....that may be an optimistic figure. On a person by person basis it could cost several hundred dollars to get situated enough to get to X location and have X amount of dollars to buy X amount of paperweights.

But I must say...I have no connections the plans for any of the planned sights. I'm just saying what I believe it may cost. I hope someone will prove me wrong with lower numbers.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Well Midna said that the one she was looking at costed a little over a couple thousand. A couple thousand being 2,000 I would hope. XD I'm going to start a thread for prices and locations only. That way we can be clear.

Depending on how you travel, where you are staying, and how much food you are willing to consume is basic cost, and generally you can not get travel costs if its to far in the future. Atleast not accurately.

Gencon etc, you do have to buy tickets for, just to get in, and you can also pay at the door.

But for travel it might be different flying out of seattle to LA, then it would be from NYNY to LA, so the travel is more personal pref on Driving, Bus, or flying.

My suggestion.

I do agree though that if this is to be done, fund raising and donations can help to secure a place to hold this at if we are doing our own Convention, and if not, the money can be used to secure... mmm -only- Travel? and only to a certain % of the cost to those that need it, to be fair to everyone.

Haeron

First Post
There are numerous scenarios for the possibilities though I think that with starting our own convention from scratch has that fee for starting a convention...Meeting at an established convention makes for the cost of buying entrance into said convention. The rest of the cost remains up to the individual.

In all of the following scenarios...Do not discount the idea that camping is also an economical choice for boarding.

Scenario #1:

Starting own convention:
Location------Thousands depending on size of crowd anywhere from $3,000-$5,000
Refreshments---???? (maybe get a sponsor to sell food at event or get it catered with a fee per individual...then it pays for itself)
Work involved: Tons of arduous volunteer planning
(this is eliminating any extra door prizes, activities, games or vending)
Cost to Individual: Gas, Room&Board (changes seasonally)

Scenario #2:

Meeting at a Ren Faire:
Tickets to Faire: $15-$30 depending on which Faire you go to
Refreshments: Available at the Faire
Work Involved: Minimal (The Faire already has activities, vendors, and games)
Cost to Individual: Gas, Room&Board (changes Seasonally)

Scenario #3:

Meeting at a Convention:(within the convention...i.e. paying for tickets)
Tickets to Convention: $45-$85 depending on which convention you go to and when you buy your tickets.
Refreshments: Available at Convention or around convention
Work Involved: Minimal
Cost to Individual: same as above

Scenario #4:

Meeting at a location near a convention: (option not to buy tickets to said convention)
Work involved: A little more then minimal but a fall back option of hanging out at the convention.
Cost to Individual: Same as above

The individual costs per person will not change, the large cost for starting our own will be for those that take on the indevor. I do not see it being 3k-5k. I have look around the greater seattle area, and for two days rental for a few event rooms, smaller, costs 500 for a depost, then 300 a day, deposit being refundable. The most being 2k deposit for a very nice hotel event room, with a 700 a day charge.

This can all be worked out. As needed. Its not decided for sure.

Then again if I attempted to hold it, I would ask to use my Uncles Second house. Free, three level house with five rooms living and family room, large backyard.. etc etc.

^_^ that might be an idea to. Someone brought that up to me. As it seems not alot of people have given interest, less then 24, I am not counting votes since it is a site wide thing. Might not be a bad idea to have it at a residence.

Haeron

First Post
I think after thinking about it....I like Option 2 the best as well.....although a park event would be groovy as well although not necessarily free and hindering upon weather.

I kinda like camping.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
I had a rediculously simple idea. If its durning the Summer, why not have it at a rather nice Park? No need for a building to secure, all absolutely free?

You know, that isn't a bad idea. The only thing we'd really have to worry about is weather, food and drinks? XD There are so many ideas to chose from!

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I swear, ya all should just FLY down to Australia! :p See liddle ol' me. I could arrange a bar, accomodation, touring...Just dont come in summer. You'd all MELT.

On the other hand, if you hosted this I might just be tempted to spend all my savings on climbing aboard a plane. Then again, if I came out looking like Ariel I'd be somewhat horrified. Let along acting like her! :lol: I need to win lotto.

Remove ads