ISRP Convention??

Amastacia

First Post
I would love to go to a convention! However much I'd love to dress as my fav characters I doubt I could do it hehe. My hair is too short and the wrong color for Ama's and Deb's, just too short for Steph's. Also my eyes are the wrong color hehe. Another thing is I don't have the body for any of 'em. I am also 13 years too old for Katie lol. Also I'd have to grow at least 6 more inches seeing as I am not even 5' tall! But hey I would still give it a shot! Currently I am in PA, USA. I have an idea for a location depending on how everyone would like this. There's a place nearby in OH where my ten year class reunion was held and the cost is fairly reasonable. It's in the country though, but advantage to that is if we would have music there wouldn't be any cops showing up lol!

*Edit* Awww Brutal, you wouldn't even room with meeeeeeeee? *Hugs to all who accept*

Haeron

First Post
To be honest....This coming year (2008) I can really only afford one convention a year...and I enjoyed DragonCon so much....That will be my destination because it encompasses all my nearest and dearest interests. (WoW, Wheel of Time, amongst other books and authors, Role-Playing, Science Fiction, Fantasy) The list is endless. They even had a Belly Dancing event. I even got a picture of Jack Sparrow lounging against the wall with two Hogwarts girls. I got to meet Ron Glass from Firefly...and and and Margaret Weiss (sp?)! She signed my Chronicles. :) As much as I would enjoy meeting all ya'll...I am already nailing down my plans for next labor day weekend. Atlanta Bound. If anyone would be interested in going to that and would like to arrange some casual meet and greet...We could do that. We don't even need an extensive amount of planning. We could just say everyone interested meet at a specified location within one of the hotels or at a nearby pub or restaurant. I guess it would work for a smaller amount of ISRP'ers. I am still unclear at just how many folks would show up to necessitate its own entire convention.

Haeron

First Post
Dontella said:
If you say, meet us at GenCon.. then the time and place, location and setting are already established. The only matter then would be garnering funds and travel for those interested. And attaching to another Con would allow people more activities and events to enjoy.

Perhaps everyone interested could also bring food, and have a bar-b-que or some other such thing, and then save even more on costs than having to buy meals.

Very good point indeed. Maybe we could spend a bit of planning raising the funds for those that have trouble affording it.

Wow, Ama lives...o_O

Anyway, I'll find what I can, and a fundraiser of sorts is a splendid idea. Either run-o'-the-mill donations, or sell something that many would find appealing (i.e., candy, soda, gift wrap, donuts, hand-made jewelry, etc...) in order to raise the money. I know Krispy-Kreme and Dunkin Donuts down here provide for fundraising, after they take x percentage out. I'll check up on that idea as well.

Amastacia

First Post
lol Yes Ama lives! She's just been having technical difficulties in the form of a piece of junk comp that lags to the point that snails speed by.

But yea, for those of you who have my MSN I have deleted the messenger from my comp because 1. I needed space horribly and 2. There were people there from Furcadia who annoyed me to the point I never logged in anymore.

And so if anyone wants my YIM let me know! I don't want to publicly post it because of all the evil liches and zombies running amok *Goes shifty eyed*

Haeron

First Post
Skylyne_Moonweave said:
Having DragonCon in Atlanta...it being a whole hour and a half away...is a bit of a perk. Gawd, I love livin' in the South.
9 and a half hours for me....But I got family down yonder!

Lol Ama.

I was specificly speaking on my own behalf. Not anyone elses, I wont be making it if its apart of some Convention, I would not be going.

I was not trying to ruin it, or decide for anyone else. Thats all.

Toxicsyn

First Post
i like the idea of piggy backing another Con. Otherwise, i would recommend Vegas. They usually always have cheap special deals for air fare and hotel stay.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
Lol Ama.

I was specificly speaking on my own behalf. Not anyone elses, I wont be making it if its apart of some Convention, I would not be going.

I was not trying to ruin it, or decide for anyone else. Thats all.

Hehe, I understand Brutal. ^_^ No worries. And I am beginning to think that the only way to settle the decision where either it should be it's own thing or be a part of a bigger con would be to vote. What do you guys think?

Remove ads