ISRP Convention??

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
An email list, for contact for those that want to go, really go. The person(s) that is setting it all up should have the ability to keep every interested party up to date.

What do you think?

Simply divine. I like that idea. So I am going to post my email address here so that those that do REALLY want to go can keep in touch with me. As of right now, the only one whom has offered up a location is Midna, I am also looking at the Nashville Convention Center, in Tennessee. So it would be nice to recieve emails from those whom have any ideas.

velirahamilton@hotmail.com

Dontella

First Post
I believe a logical choice would be to indeed, as was mentioned before, simply add this idea onto an already existing convention.

GenCon is in Indianapolis Indiana every year, end of August.

If you room with others, share costs, stay in places not right beside the convention itself, it's actually not all that expensive for attendance.

If you say, meet us at GenCon.. then the time and place, location and setting are already established. The only matter then would be garnering funds and travel for those interested. And attaching to another Con would allow people more activities and events to enjoy.

Perhaps everyone interested could also bring food, and have a bar-b-que or some other such thing, and then save even more on costs than having to buy meals.

Kallikrates

First Post
Nooooood? what is that? Now if you walked around in the nude....ya......

Nightmares..... :D :D :D

Right....I would look areas here in NC but as I do have my schedule swamped for some time. :p

But I have one piece of advice, if this get-together does take place on the East Coast it should not be located anywhere south of Virginia especially if it does take during summer. I cannot tell you how devastating it would be if a nice-sized hurricane decided to hit in June. But that's my piece. Once the year of this events get chosen I can start planning. Wow...plans....something I should use more often.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Dontella said:
I believe a logical choice would be to indeed, as was mentioned before, simply add this idea onto an already existing convention.

GenCon is in Indianapolis Indiana every year, end of August.

If you room with others, share costs, stay in places not right beside the convention itself, it's actually not all that expensive for attendance.

That's what I always do when I go to MTAC. Though there always winds up being like 7 or 8 people to a room. o_O Some people sleep in the floor and last year I slept in the closet! XD But it isn't that bad. And I am starting to think that latching in with another con isn't that bad an idea.

But seriously now. Do you really want to room with people you jst know from the internet? I mean its not like I know 4-5 people where I am that play on this site, and alot of people on the site don't care for me enough, or me for them enough to deal with outside of a social gathering.

On another note, I wont be going to Gencon for to do with ISRP event. If its for us, then leave it, for us.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
But seriously now. Do you really want to room with people you jst know from the internet? I mean its not like I know 4-5 people where I am that play on this site, and alot of people on the site don't care for me enough, or me for them enough to deal with outside of a social gathering.

On another note, I wont be going to Gencon for to do with ISRP event. If its for us, then leave it, for us.

Remember, Brutal. This is something to be decided by all. You do bring up good points but I'm sure the majority of us want to find ways to save money on this. If rooming with other players is a way, then so be it. I myself have no problem rooming with people I know only on the site. I would hope that those that do have OOC conflicts can put those aside for the greater cause for like one or two days? If it comes down to it, and you really feel that uncomfortable rooming with others, then maybe you should consider bringing a friend you know, or getting your own room. A good way to solve that issue.

I could check the Macon Centreplex down here, and if that doesn't pan out, Tennessee sounds lovely, too. I'm sure I could call places in Atlanta as well. But yes, I would say 2 years is decent enough timespan for people to make solid arrangements and make good and sure things are settled so they can go. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for thorough planning, as well as ample time to do so. And yeah, I could put aside petty OOC drama for the sake of a good time, if not resolve them completely before the event occurs. And hooking it onto whateverCon sounds good as well, since it knocks many planning issues out of the way. Just my two cents.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Skylyne_Moonweave said:
I could check the Macon Centreplex down here, and if that doesn't pan out, Tennessee sounds lovely, too. I'm sure I could call places in Atlanta as well. But yes, I would say 2 years is decent enough timespan for people to make solid arrangements and make good and sure things are settled so they can go. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for thorough planning, as well as ample time to do so. And yeah, I could put aside petty OOC drama for the sake of a good time, if not resolve them completely before the event occurs. And hooking it onto whateverCon sounds good as well, since it knocks many planning issues out of the way. Just my two cents.

Any and all ideas are well appreciated, Sky. ^_^ And it would be great if you can check into those places and get back with me, I left my email above or just post here if you want. And I also am looking into the hooking onto another con idea. I also have something else to toss out there, for those who are already financially set or are determined to get the overseas players to the states: Above the idea was tossed out about pooling some extra money together to aid those players in the financial blow of traveling here. I'm not sure about others, but I am willing to think of ways to make extra money for that purpose.

Remove ads