ISRP Convention??

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Cloaked Woman said:
its sounding like a lot so far are from the Eastern part of the US.
Now as for the one who said ick about the Eastern part well :p
yeah we get rain... but not all the time. depends on the season. Every region has it's Pros and Cons... now here in MD we have an awesome RenFaire property that is there year round and I do believe that they rent it out. I think RenFaire grounds would be awesome to use as it fits somewhat for the settings :)
now it would exclude part of August, all of September and just about all of October, as our faire starts in the End of August

Just thought I'd remind all that Midna isn't the only one who had suggested something. I think a RenFaire property would be way cool. :) I know in season scheduled events (like weddings) that happen *at* the Ren Faires are ridiculously expensive. But, out of season, it shouldn't be so bad.

Then again, hotels are indoors and air conditioned. ;)

Anyway, I haven't visited the voting thread yet. Toodles

Last edited:

Haeron

First Post
Oh I like the Ren Faire idea. If you make it a casual meet and greet...rather then a formal thing...and by "formal" I mean someone makes reservations and there's a picnic or something...I just don't feel that would be necessary. The average Ren faire costs between 15-25 bucks (US currency)...The one I visit regularly is in Maryland and has a really nice Tavern with delicious drinks and musicians and dancing. I even arranged to have my son sold into pirate slavery so I could run up the tab (j/k). They said he was too scrawny. :D

Amastacia

First Post
I sent an email to the woman who did the planning for my ten year class reunion about the price for the place. It is a ballfield in the country. One of the only places that allowed alcohol without having to pay alot of money for a security guard. Once she gets back to me with the price I will post it here.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
It is good to see everyone getting involved. As remember to vote you guys! And also, if you have a location, post it here. That way we can get an idea of all the places we have to chose from. It might not be a bad idea to start a thread for just locations and prices to hold the con or if we piggyback, where that is.

Ruthia

First Post
May I make a suggestion?

Everyone gunning for this vote and all but...um.... well I guess thinking realistically here as a mother with limited income and three kids...

Couldn't someone get an post the rough Prices for some of these suggestions?

I mean that way so people can look at it and say

"OH ok. Piggy backing with this Con will Cost X vs going here and having our own for X"

I mean.....i don't know. Just seems like a better way to make a choice really.

Remove ads