• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's the OOC thread for Tales from The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Below is a more detailed character submission[sblock]
This is still a work in progress, and I've decided to go the Soul Knife / Pyrokineticist route, as a psycho monkey pyromanic is just too much fun. :]

Infernus 'The Psychic Pyromaniac Monkey'
Lesser Awakened Male Capuchin Monkey Soul Knife 5 (Pyrokineticist at 6th level)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity:
Size: Tiny
Type: Magical Beast
Base Speed: 30', 30'Climb

Str: 2 (-4) 2 pts -8 Racial
Dex: 21 (+5) 10 pts +4 Racial +1 Level
Con: 13 (+1) 5 pts
Int: 14 (+1) 6 pts
Wis: 14 (+2) 4 pts +2 Racial
Cha: 8 (-1) 6 pts -6 Racial

HP: 37 (5d10+5)

AC: 16 (10 base +5 Dex +2 Size -1 flaw)

Saves:
For: +2 (1 Base +1 Con)
Ref: +9 (4 Base +5 Dex)
Wil: +6 (4 Base +2 Wis)

Init: +9

Base attack bonus: +3

Attacks:
+1 (+3 base +2 size -4 str) Bite 1d3-4
+12 (+3 base +2 size +5 dex +1 weap focus +1 enhancement) Mindblade 1d6-3 + 1d8 Psychic Strike +2d6 Psionic Shot if thrown.
* Infernus starts each day by changing his mind blade to a bastard sword shape and charges it with his psychic strike ability. The psychic strike is then renewed at his earliest opportunaty. Also Infernus starts each day by gaining his psionic focus and renews this at the earliest opportunatey after it has been lost.

Code:
Skills                 Total     Ranks   Stats    Misc
Balance                  15       2.0(*)   5        8
Bluff                   -1        0.0     -1        0
Climb                    21       8.0      5        8
Concentration            9        8.0      1        0
Craft (Alchemy)          3        1.0      2        0
Diplomacy               -1        0.0     -1        0
Disguise                -1        0.0     -1        0
Escape Artist            5        0.0      5        0
Gather Information      -1        0.0     -1        0
Heal                     2        0.0      2        0
Hide                     17       4.0      5        8
Intimidate              -1        4.0     -1        0
Jump                    -4        0.0     -4        0
Listen                   6        4.0      2        0
Move Silently            10       5.0      5        0
Ride                     5        0.0      5        0
Search                   2        0.0      2        0
Sense Motive             2        0.0      2        0
Spot                     6        4.0      2        0
Survival                 2        0.0      2        0
Swim                    -4        0.0     -4        0
Tumble                   5        0.0      5        0
Use Rope                 5        0.0      5        0
(*) Cross Class Skill

Feats
1st - Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot
- Weapon Focus(Mind Blade), Wild Talent
3rd - Weapon Finesse

Flaws
Murky Eyed (Roll twice against concealment to hit), Vulnerable (-1 AC)

Languages: Monkey, Common, ?, ?

Equipment

Treasure: 9000gp
Weight Carried: 0lbs
Carrying Capacity: Light(? lb), Medium(?-?lb), Heavy(?-?lb)

Racial Traits[sblock]
S -8 D+4 C+0 I+0 W+2 CH-6
30' climb speed
+8 racial bonus on climb and balance checks
Can takes 10 on climb checks
[/sblock]

Soul Knife Abilities[sblock]
Mind Blade: Short Sword (1d3), move action to form.
Bonus Feats - Weapon Focus(MB) & Wild Talent
Throw Mind Blade: 30'
Psychic Strike: +1d8, move action to charge mind blade with psionic energy, deals damage against next living opponent.
+1 Mind Blade
Free Draw: Free action to form mind blade
Shape Mind Blade: Longsword (1d4), Bastard Sword (1d6) or 2 Short Swords, full round action to change.
[/sblock]

Height: 1'
Weight: 6 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Gray/Brown

Appearance:
Infernus looks like your typical cute Capuchin monkey and wears an embroidered red vest.

Personality:
Infernus uses his tiny stature, cute animal looks and peoples assumption that he is mearly a 'dumb' animal to his advantage.

As such Infernus normally plays the role of adorable cuddly animal to the hilt, and is only too happy to perform various tricks for the apparent amusement of others.

All the while Infernus bides his times and he slowly and methodically gathers information on the strengths and weaknesses of those around him.

Background:
Infernus was born a typical member of his society but was raised to sentience at an early age thru the efforts of a Druid name Snowstorm Bitterleaf.

Bitterleaf was waging a one man battle to preserve an ancient tract of forest from the depredations of both a nearby human settlement as well as local humanoid tribes. All of whom coveted the valuable resources that the forest could provide.

Bitterleaf hoped to raise an army of sentient animal followers who could act as both his eyes and ears, as well as being able to lend tooth and claw to the fray when necessary.

Bitterleaf succeeded in his endeavour and discovered a relatively simple spell to enhance an animals intelligence to human-like proportions without placing too much of drain upon himself.

Unfortunately Bitterleaf was killed in a recently battle against a rampaging tribe of humanoids, Bitterleaf left behind a smattering of sentient animal followers to carry with this mission, prominent amongst them Infernus.

Infernus chose his name to reflect both his love of starting controlled fires to capture and slay his enemies, as well as his pledge to carry on his master's mission to the very depths of hell, if necessary.
[/sblock]
Mr Lazlow Sir I'd appreciate some feedback on my character submission.

DrZombie

First Post
Lazlow said:
Not me. Why?
I'll be in the states for a whole 3 days, and sisnce the missus and the kiddies aren't coming with me i thought i'd see if there was someone i vaguely knew to drink copious ammounts of beer with, since I never drink alone..... I'll just have to make some friends there I start drinking, I guess :D .

Lazlow

First Post
DrZombie said:
I'll be in the states for a whole 3 days, and sisnce the missus and the kiddies aren't coming with me i thought i'd see if there was someone i vaguely knew to drink copious ammounts of beer with, since I never drink alone..... I'll just have to make some friends there I start drinking, I guess :D .

You probably already know this, being from Belgium and all, but I certainly hope you don't plan to drink copious amounts of American beer. I compare that to drinking copious amounts of toilet water. Nope, no place compares to Belgium for beer, as you well know. Me and the missus took a little anniversary trip to Brugge a while back, and man, that's my favorite town in the world now. I would absolutely LOVE to retire there some day, and just wander around the city center, feasting on fries, chocolate truffles, and beer, beer, beer. (I'd die within a year, probably, with a diet like that, but I'd die happy!)

Lazlow

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Mr Lazlow Sir I'd appreciate some feedback on my character submission.

But of course!

[sblock=Lord Raven only, please]I really like it! I think it'd be a great addition to the group. (I was going to ask you to change it to be non-Psionic, but your link to that particular SRD has all the Psionics rules in it, so, bonus! The one I used to use didn't have it included. Thanks for that!)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wystan

Explorer
Found my character sheet. I hope I can attach it, if not can I e-mail it to you?

Attachments

• RantiAkande.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 156

Remove ads