It's the OOC thread for Tales from The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lazlow

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
I've almost completed my character, I'm mearly umming and ahhing over final equipment choices.

BTW do you have an offical rogues galery I should post this.

[sblock]
Infernus
Lesser Awakened Male Capuchin Monkey Soulknife 5 (Pyrokineticist at 6th level)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity:
Size: Tiny
Type: Magical Beast
Base Speed: 30', 30'Climb

Str: 2 (-4) 2 pts -8 Racial
Dex: 22 (+6) 13 pts +4 Racial +1 Level
Con: 12 (+1) 4 pts
Int: 14 (+1) 6 pts
Wis: 14 (+2) 4 pts +2 Racial
Cha: 8 (-1) 6 pts -6 Racial

HP: 37 (5d10+5)

AC: 17 (10 base +6 Dex +2 Size -1 flaw)

Saves:
For: +2 (1 Base +1 Con)
Ref: +10 (4 Base +6 Dex)
Wil: +6 (4 Base +2 Wis)

Init: +10

Base attack bonus: +3

Attacks:
+2 (+3 base +2 size -3 str) Bite 1d3-4
+13/+14 (+3 base +2 size +6 dex +1 weap focus +1 enhancement/+1 PBS if Thrown) Mindblade 1d3-4 + 1d8 Psychic Strike +2d6 Psionic Shot if thrown.
* Infernus starts each day by changing his mind blade to a bastard sword shape and charges it with his psychic strike ability. The psychic strike is then renewed at his earliest opportunaty. Also Infernus starts each day by gaining his psionic focus and renews this at the earliest opportunatey after it has been lost.

Code:
Skills                 Total     Ranks   Stats    Misc
Balance                  16       2.0(*)   6        8
Bluff                   -1        0.0     -1        0
Climb                    22       8.0      6        8
Concentration            9        8.0      1        0
Craft (Alchemy)          3        1.0      2        0
Craft (Poison Making)          6        4.0      2        0
Diplomacy               -1        0.0     -1        0
Disguise                -1        0.0     -1        0
Escape Artist            6        0.0      6        0
Gather Information      -1        0.0     -1        0
Heal                     2        0.0      2        0
Hide                     18       4.0      6        8
Intimidate              -1        4.0     -1        0
Jump                    -4        0.0     -4        0
Listen                   6        4.0      2        0
Move Silently            11       5.0      6        0
Perform(Wind Inst)       1        2.0     -1        0
Ride                     6        0.0      6        0
Search                   2        0.0      2        0
Sense Motive             2        0.0      2        0
Spot                     6        4.0      2        0
Survival                 2        0.0      2        0
Swim                    -4        0.0     -4        0
Tumble                   6        0.0      6        0
Use Rope                 6        0.0      6        0
(*) Cross Class Skill

Feats
1st - Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot.
Bonus- Weapon Focus(Mind Blade), Wild Talent.
3rd - Weapon Finesse.

Flaws
Murky Eyed (Roll twice against concealment to hit), Vulnerable (-1 AC)

Languages: Monkey, Common, Sign, ?

Equipment

Handy Haversack 2000gp (5lb)
-Alchemist Fire (5) 100gp (5lb)
-Antitoxin (2) 100gp
-Horn of Fog 2000gp (1lb)
-Hourglass 25gp (1lb)
-Oil(10) 1gp (10lb)
-Pipes of Sounding 1800gp (3lb)
-Sunrod(5) 10gp (5lb)
-Tindertwigs(20) 20gp

Treasure: 2954gp
Weight Carried: 5lbs
Carrying Capacity: Light(lb), Medium(-lb), Heavy(-lb), Lift(lb), Push(lb)

Racial Traits[sblock]
S-8 D+4 C+0 I+0 W+2 CH-6
30' climb speed
+8 racial bonus on climb and balance checks
Can takes 10 on climb checks
Low-light vision

Lesser Awakened Spell:
Type: Changes from Animal to Magical Beast
Abilities: Roll normally (3d6) for intelligence, all other abilities remain unchanged.
[/sblock]

Soulknife Abilities[sblock]
Mind Blade: Short Sword (1d3), move action to form.
Bonus Feats - Weapon Focus(MB) & Wild Talent
Throw Mind Blade: 30'
Psychic Strike: +1d8, move action to charge mind blade with psionic energy, deals damage against next living opponent.
+1 Mind Blade
Free Draw: Free action to form mind blade
Shape Mind Blade: Longsword (1d4), Bastard Sword (1d6) or 2 Short Swords, full round action to change.
[/sblock]

Height: 1'
Weight: 4 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Brown

Appearance:
Infernus looks like your typical cute Capuchin monkey and wears an embroidered red vest.

Personality:
Infernus uses his tiny stature, cute animal looks and peoples assumption that he is mearly a 'dumb' animal to his advantage.

As such Infernus normally plays the role of adorable cuddly animal to the hilt, and is only too happy to perform various tricks for the apparent amusement of others.

All the while Infernus bides his times as he slowly and methodically gathers information on the strengths and weaknesses of those around him.

Background:
Infernus was born a typical member of his race but was raised to sentience at an early age thru the efforts of a Druid named Snowstorm Bitterleaf.

Bitterleaf was waging a one man battle to preserve an ancient tract of forest from the depredations of both a nearby human settlement as well as local humanoid tribes. All of whom coveted the valuable resources that the forest could provide.

Bitterleaf hoped to raise an army of sentient animal followers who could act as both his eyes and ears, as well as being able to lend tooth and claw to the fray when necessary.

Bitterleaf succeeded in his endeavour and discovered a relatively simple spell to enhance an animals intelligence to human-like proportions without placing too much of drain upon himself.

Unfortunately Bitterleaf was killed in a recent battle against a tribe of humanoids, Bitterleaf left behind a smattering of sentient animal followers to carry on with this mission, prominent amongst them Infernus.

Now that Bitterleaf is dead, the sentient animals are divided on how best to combat the threat the humanoids and humans pose. Infernus has decided to learn as much as possible about the human settlement to gauge the best way of combating them.

Realising that the biggest threat that the civilised races possess is the legendary 'adventurer' Infernus is looking to find such a group to discover how they operate, so as to learn the best way to neutralise them.

Infernus chose his name to reflect both his love of starting fires to capture and slay his enemies, as well as his pledge to carry on his master's mission to the very depths of hell, if necessary.
[/sblock]

Nope, no RG. Not yet, at least, maybe later; your characters are strangers for the most part and to this end your character sheets are for my eyes only right now.

Lazlow

First Post
Sorry guys, I was called out of town on business. I'm back, though.

I'm trying as fast as I can to get the summary up! Anyone seen LF?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, i stand corrected on the arcane archer...i should have said that is the eventual goal of the caracter. sorry for the misnomer.

i will have to be a bit more diligent if i want to catch a game i guess...enjoy the thread all.

Lazlow

First Post
Thanks for your patience, guys, things are a little hectic right now (my car died on me RRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH), but I should have things up and running soon.

Lazlow

First Post
Okay guys, I figured we could wait forever for my summary or we could have fun introducing the new characters and setting up the next chapter. Again, my apologies for the delay. Onward and upward!

Lazlow

First Post
Going out of town for a few days (back on Monday) - have fun trying to get Golurn together with the rest of the group... ;)

Lazlow

First Post
Alrighty folks, I'm back from the wilds of Denver, and I have to say that I nearly had tears in my eyes from laughing at you guy's shenanigans in the tavern, there. Hilarious stuff!

Am I the only one who wants to see a sitcom starring Gruammsh and the monkey, rooming together and getting into all kinds of zany situations, having to explain themselves to their flamoyantly wacky neighbor Ranti and their gruff-talking rough-drinking landlord Golurn? I think not.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Lazlow said:
Alrighty folks, I'm back from the wilds of Denver, and I have to say that I nearly had tears in my eyes from laughing at you guy's shenanigans in the tavern, there. Hilarious stuff!

Am I the only one who wants to see a sitcom starring Gruammsh and the monkey, rooming together and getting into all kinds of zany situations, having to explain themselves to their flamoyantly wacky neighbor Ranti and their gruff-talking rough-drinking landlord Golurn? I think not.
It certainly has been fun :D

Maybe if Gruaam plays his cards right I'll let him be my cohort/sidekick :p

Remove ads