• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've finished reading Ptolus!

Eonthar

Explorer
I read it cover to cover last summer when I got it.

Alas, retention has also been a problem with me.

As I am going to start running a campaign there soon, I have been flipping through the book again - and still loving it.

Xyanthon

First Post
Heh, I hope to read through it one day. With all of the other books in my stack, work, a precocious 3 year old son and a baby daughter expected to arrive any time now, I'm sure it'll be a while until I can find the time to manage to read much more than the introduction. Perhaps, I'll get around to it when the kids are old enough to play through it with me :D .

JohnnFour

Explorer
Just finished the players section and adventures section last week. Then I got distracted by the Wilderlands books as I'm planning on putting Ptolus there.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
johnnype said:
That's nice and all but I'm much more interested in what you like about it.

I haven't read it all but so far my favorite parts include the Dwarven and Elf cities under Ptolus. I also really like the ratmen.

Actually, the ratmen were one of the less interesting parts to me. But then again I am a bit spoiled by the Skaven of Warhammer Fantasy.

While I'm not really much of a fan of the "dungeoneering" type of D&D gaming, I do like a lot how everything ties together in this book - why there is so much going on in this city that there's enough material for several campaigns over. If I were ever to run Ptolus (not a given, since there are so many campaigns I'd like to run), I'd probably mostly focus on adventures within the city itself, and the dungeons only serving as side trips, or elements that become involved in above-ground intrigues...

Hstio

First Post
I finished it before Xmas but have stalled reading through the cd. I far prefer a book in my hands to reading something on the screen. I was tempted to buy some of the items on the cd in hard/soft cover if I could find them cheap enough. I'e moved on to another big tome, the iron kingdoms world book.

Hstio

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hstio said:
I finished it before Xmas but have stalled reading through the cd. I far prefer a book in my hands to reading something on the screen. I was tempted to buy some of the items on the cd in hard/soft cover if I could find them cheap enough.
That's exactly what I did, and for the same reason. After getting a bonus at work in February, I've now purchased all the Ptolus tie-in works, including those not on the CD like Beyond the Veil, Demon God's Fane and the Complete Book of Eldritch Might.

Remove ads