Jason Buhlman - the Charlie Cantina of D&D?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
From the latest article on Dungeonscape, we have the following spellings of Jason's name:

* Jason Bulmhan
* Jason Bulmahn

I wonder: does this make Jason like Charlie Catino - one of the early Magic playtesters - who has his name misspelt in every version of the Magic rulebook ever printed. (They actually started getting really inventive later on in some of the variations of his name.

Cheers!

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Olaf the Stout said:
Did they actually start to misspell Charlie's name incorrectly on purpose later on, or were they really that incompetent?

No, they did it on purpose. The first time was a mistake, but after then, they had a lot of fun coming up with new versions.

"Charlie's name may seem familiar to those of you that have scanned Magic credits in the past—but not too familiar. Starting with the inadvertent typo of “Cateeno” in the game's first rulebooks, Charlie's name has been intentionally misspelled in every product he's work on since as a kind of running gag. Other spellings of Catino include “Cantripino,” “Cantini,” “Cantina,” and “Catman.”"

Cheers!

kenobi65

First Post
MerricB said:
From the latest article on Dungeonscape, we have the following spellings of Jason's name:

* Jason Bulmhan
* Jason Bulmahn

You will recall, in the "cannibalism at Paizo" thread from a few months back, someone at Paizo (James Jacobs, maybe) thought that Jason should be eaten, just because his last name is so hard to spell correctly.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
kenobi65 said:
You will recall, in the "cannibalism at Paizo" thread from a few months back, someone at Paizo (James Jacobs, maybe) thought that Jason should be eaten, just because his last name is so hard to spell correctly.

That sounds like something I'd say. It IS hard to spell Bullmann.

Wycen

Explorer
Thanks for the explanation Merric, I was wondering if this was a Star Wars chocolate factory joke or simply an "in" gamer reference I wasn't in on.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
hong said:
Hong "I have never had this problem" Ooi
Somewhere out there, there's some poor bastard who wonders why his last name is composed entirely of consonants. If he ever catches you, he's going to beat you for stealing his share.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Its that damnable silent H.. gets em every time.

For the record, I have seen my named spelled, in print, the following ways...

Bulmahn (woo hoo.. the right one)
Buhlman
Buhlmahn
Bulhman
Bulman
Bullman
Bulmann
Bhu!hlhmha4hnh

Alright.. that last one was made up... but the rest are not.

Jason Bulmahn
Managing Editor of Dragon
Hopes he is not seeing a new trend...

Remove ads