Jason Buhlman - the Charlie Cantina of D&D?

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
No-one ever actually misspells my surname, but I think I've acquired my father's pedantic desire for clarity and his habit of spelling it over the phone anyway. I'm going to try to stop, at least until I see whether or not it causes mis-labelled letters and the like to arrive.

Maybe he was afraid of people confusing our name with the Addams Family? Or perhaps he's tired of having the "s" dropped? That's happened to me.

Anyway, Jaysin Bolhlmenn, you have my sympathy.

kenobi65

First Post
mhacdebhandia said:
Maybe he was afraid of people confusing our name with the Addams Family? Or perhaps he's tired of having the "s" dropped? That's happened to me.

Huh? There's no "s" in mhacdebhandia.... ;)

LordVyreth

First Post
IuztheEvil said:
Wait just a minute.. the only people who could possibly know that are those who suffered by my hand.

Who are you?

Jason Bulmahn
Managing Editor of Dragon

Just a certain low-Dexterity wizard's player. You know, I still tell the story of the wild magic continent sometimes? :)

Piratecat said:
Somewhere out there, there's some poor bastard who wonders why his last name is composed entirely of consonants. If he ever catches you, he's going to beat you for stealing his share.
When I was in the military we received a "Presidential Order" for an immediate airlift of vowels into the Hungarian province. We would have taken the excess consenants and carpet bombed Ooi just for parity. :)

Its okay Jason - my last name is Stearns (notice the 'ea' in the middle and the 's' at the end)
I am constatnly being asked if I'm related to Howard Stern - I usually reply no, but if I'm having an off day I'll usually crack back with yes, but we threw him out of the family for losing two letters in his last name. :) My other patent comback is, no I'm Gaelic, not Jewish, but a lot of people don't get that one.

BTW the whole "the Germans pronounce the 'H'" thing was funny. (I did three years in Hermlandia)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
IuztheEvil said:
I wonder if he has the same problem I do. Probably not actually, in German, you pronounce the H.
Yeah, the "h" elongate the previous vocal, so it makes a difference. And for the record, "Edelgard" is a female name, he's a she! ;)

Remove ads