JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
JollyDoc said:
4. Well, it was sort of locked in when Thessalar put up the Wall of Force. It's still in the fortress at the moment.
Ah, OK. Thought Faust got locked in with him. I see what I missed.

Demiurge out.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
It's interesting that you brought Filge and Moreto back for this encounter. When I ran it, I had Filge with Thessalar as well, but his ally was the Vecnan priest Darl Quethos instead of the true ghoul sorcerer.

My players absolutely hate Darl. WE finished the campaign and they never caught him. Perhaps he shall make a return appearance once Savage Tide rolls around? :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
ltclnlbrain said:
It's interesting that you brought Filge and Moreto back for this encounter. When I ran it, I had Filge with Thessalar as well, but his ally was the Vecnan priest Darl Quethos instead of the true ghoul sorcerer.

My players absolutely hate Darl. WE finished the campaign and they never caught him. Perhaps he shall make a return appearance once Savage Tide rolls around? :)

Our group hates Darl as well, especially since they didn't let him go. He wreaked havoc, and then took off. He may make a reappearance in Savage Tide as well. There was not a compelling reason to bring him back this late in the game.

I was expecting the League would win through this encounter, but not this easily! But Faust... Did he not learn from the last time he made a deal with the ghoul? The group was trapped at the other side of the wind duke portal a few thousand miles away from Diamond Lake. (True, that didn't pose a problem for the League.)

Well played by everyone! I especially liked the strategic use of the spells/invocations like disintegrate. Certainly altered the playing field with that!

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
I was expecting the League would win through this encounter, but not this easily! But Faust... Did he not learn from the last time he made a deal with the ghoul? The group was trapped at the other side of the wind duke portal a few thousand miles away from Diamond Lake. (True, that didn't pose a problem for the League.)

Well played by everyone! I especially liked the strategic use of the spells/invocations like disintegrate. Certainly altered the playing field with that!

The League is fairly optimized for one, no-holds barred encounter, where they can prebuff and then just unload. It's difficult for such a one-shot encounter to thouroughly challenge them. Thessalar all by himself would have been a cake-walk. That's one reason I brought in some of his friends. The coming days might bring a few more challenges. ;)

gfunk

First Post
Sunday Night Preview

1. As a Lich, one is granted many powerful abilities. The most powerful, of course, is immortality -- you come back in d10 days after you are slain if your phylactery is intact. Certain circumstances may come to pass, however, when one probably feels they would be better off dead. Principle among these is returning to your abode in d10 days to find all your personal magic items looted, your life-long research in ruins, and, perhaps worst of all, discovering that your entire set of spellbooks was pawned at a Thayan Enclave . . . :(

2. Faust has the wisdom to use Diplomacy when it is required (e.g. when he's low on PP's). The League is thus rewarded w/ the final piece of Balakarde's soul and a long discussion ensues.

3. Dragotha's Maw awaits, but Kyussian Chimeras arrive to greet us. Since you mentioned it recentcoin (DM's acting all pleased with themselves) you'll be happy to note that the following dialogue took place in game,

DM: OK, the Chimera goes for a full attack.
*rolls 5 d20's*
DM: So, the Chimeria hits AC 53, 51, 48, 49, and 50.
Hawk: 5 swings and 5 misses. **EAT IT!!!!**

Last edited:

Remove ads