JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

LordVyreth

First Post
Joachim said:
Well, I have recently become enamored by the Warlock class, and I can't figure out if its underpowered and useless or completely broken. Usually I have a very good sense for this sort of thing, especially in recognizing the stinkers. Time for experimentation, as no one in the group has attempted a warlock beyond very low levels. I am trying to prove to myself that it is a playable class in a high-powered combat-heavy game (such as we play), and I will report to y'all when I have sufficient data. Using spell-like abilities at will, even those that are less powerful than wizard spells at comparable levels, it very intriguing.

Gideon was not a very powerful character (he was probably the weakest in the group as it came to sheer combat power), but was a lynchpin in the party because of his superior healing/buffing/mobility. It will be interesting to see how the party adjusts and responds to his absence, which frankly is one of the major reasons that I am not making another cleric. I enjoy, even revel, in playing the healer role...a role that all too often the powergamers and optimizers of the world both ridicule and despise. The party composition will now be:

Dwarven tank (extremely defensive)
Goliath Cleric (melee heavy)
Aasimar Paladin (balanced offense and defense)
Human Marshal/Fighter/Paladin (trip-, disarm-monkey)
Drow Wizard (electricity blaster)
Fire Genasi Wizard (fire blaster)
Human Rogue (ranged build)
Now, Human Warlock (eldritch blast concentration)

Should be interesting.

Will you be continuing the X-Men/Marvel theme for new characters? If so, what's everybody's moniker now? Also, I like that you're calling wizards blasters. I'm guessing you're a City of Heroes fan?

Joachim

First Post
LordVyreth said:
Will you be continuing the X-Men/Marvel theme for new characters? If so, what's everybody's moniker now? Also, I like that you're calling wizards blasters. I'm guessing you're a City of Heroes fan?

Never even played City of Heroes, but that's what I use to refer to arcanists who concentrate on making things explode, as opposed to those that charm, polymorph, etc..

But in any case, my new character is modeled after Havok.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:

The marvel heroes theme continues...as Joachim mentioned, his new warlock is Havok. We still have the originals: Colossus (goliath), Pyro (fire genasi), Nightcrawler (shadow walker), and Thing (dwarf, mineral warrior), who have now been joined by the Captain (paladin of Torm...modeled after Captain America...specializes in shield bash), and the Patriot (paladin of freedom...chaotic good).

Of interest, as of last night's game, the group has entered a gladiatorial tournament, but, hoping to increase the odds against them in the betting pool (and thus increasing their own profits should they win), they have temporarily abandoned their team moniker of the Justice League, and now go by the name Impotent Rage!

Lela

First Post
Joachim said:
But in any case, my new character is modeled after Havok.

*Moan*

I used to love Mutant X. Now I want to read this story hour. A lot.

Dang, I gotta remember to ask my mother what happened to my comic books. I think I saw some of them at my old house a couple days ago. . .

JollyDoc said:
Of interest, as of last night's game, the group has entered a gladiatorial tournament, but, hoping to increase the odds against them in the betting pool (and thus increasing their own profits should they win), they have temporarily abandoned their team moniker of the Justice League, and now go by the name Impotent Rage!
Have they attained so much fame already? I thought this would be their first adventure to the Free City...

gfunk

First Post
catdragon said:
I don't suppose anyone is chronicling this on-line are they?
Lela said:
Nope. That one's in house only.

Not that there hasn't been plenty of begging otherwise.
Neverwinter Knight said:
True, it will be bad when you don't continue. Maybe it would be possible to post a summary of your campaign milestones (i.e. the modules).
God help me, my will is weakening. We had a really fun and interesting role-playing session on Sunday night and I REALLY would like to post it in prose. Of course, I can't just stop with one, can I?

This is all assuming I can get the epilogue out in a timely fashion! :confused:

Solarious

Explorer
*waves a watch in front of gfunk and starts droning on*

You will write about the Age of Worms... you will write about the Age of Worms...

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Have they attained so much fame already? I thought this would be their first adventure to the Free City...

Free City? What is this Free City you speak of We are In Waterdeep And we shall Be wearing the Champions Belt!!!!!! All 8 of us :] So far I like this Arc better than Shackled City but I did not join that one till Late and I started this one from the Beginning.

I play Pyro if you are wondering(Fire!Fire!Fire!) But right now I am a one armed caster atleast untill after the bets are made :] .

JollyDoc

Explorer
<sigh> Gfunk actually emailed me tonight asking for initial details about the AoW campaign. I honestly think he's really going to do it! He's gone mad! Mad I tell you!!

Although, I must say Sunday was entertaining, especially in light of the fact that a band of kobold monks known as the Crazy Eight have placed in the top six in the initial round of the Champion's Games!

gfunk said:
God help me, my will is weakening. We had a really fun and interesting role-playing session on Sunday night and I REALLY would like to post it in prose. Of course, I can't just stop with one, can I?

This is all assuming I can get the epilogue out in a timely fashion! :confused:
Excellent news!!! Gfunk, in which every way you choose to chronicle the campaign, you know we would be grateful! Anyway, I love campaign arcs like group tournaments!

As for "Free City", it was described as such in the modules to give the DMs the liberty to select another city of their choosing. Depending on which campaign setting they use, Waterdeep and (The Free City of) Greyhawk would make excellent candidates!

PS: Congratulations to all champions !!! :D

Remove ads