#15 Skin Games

James S.A. Corey - The Expanse:
#4 Chibola Burn

Marko Kloos - Frontlines:
#1 Terms of Enlistment
#2 Lines of Departure

Nellisir

Hero
Finished Mockingjay, which I really liked. Reading The Dark Volume now, as well as (for kicks n' giggles) The Monarchy 1-12, and The Establishment 1-13 (both Wildstorm titles from back when The Authority was really big.)

Burning Yeti

First Post
Just started book one of Janine K. Spendlove's "War of the Seasons" after meeting her at Origins. Really good stuff.

And I'll always recommend anything by my favorite author, Guy Gavriel Kay (and among his many great novels, Sailing to Sarantium would be my top pick).

delericho

Legend
I'm now a few pages into "Angela's Ashes", but it's yet to really get going. I had hoped to finish it this weekend, but that's probably over-ambitious.

"Outlander" will be next. And there's no sign of the new Pathfinder - I'm expecting that to arrive late next week.

"Angela's Ashes" was great. I really enjoyed it.

The Pathfinder arrived on Thursday, and has been read. It was okay - the usual high standards from Paizo, and I'm enjoying this Adventure Path, but... I guess I'm just getting bored with published adventures. Too often they boil down to "go here and kill everything."

I'm ~250 pages into "Outlander". Thus far I am unimpressed.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I just finished "Ready Player One", which is a great book for those that grew up in the late 70s to early 90s, but really would not connect to many other generations.

On the other hand, if you like the idea of a virtual reality game in which you could enter the Tomb of Horrors and defeat the lich (not demi-lich) version of Acererak by competing against him in a game of arcade Joust, then this book may be for you after all.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I got an ebook copy of David Brin's Startide Rising from my library.

Then, I ran into a meme that has stuck in my head for the moment. Concatenate the title of the book you're currently reading with, "In Your Pants". Because we are 12.

I just finished "Ready Player One", which is a great book for those that grew up in the late 70s to early 90s, but really would not connect to many other generations.

On the other hand, if you like the idea of a virtual reality game in which you could enter the Tomb of Horrors and defeat the lich (not demi-lich) version of Acererak by competing against him in a game of arcade Joust, then this book may be for you after all.

You know,while reading it i kept thinking what ship or ships would i want..and my thought was a super star destroyer fully automated with something smaller in the hanger lol

Remove ads