• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just Always Wondered

Kinetti

First Post
Enelya said:
I am secretly Sailor Moon.

No you're not ... Orchid is!
*summons Orchid in a Sailor Moon-y suit, and she spins around w ith one of those wand thingamagigs. She shouts "Bolt... of... Glory!" and spins around in one of those cascading colorful anime sequence to launch a great glowing orb at some vampie... how about Ariel! bwa ha! wuv 'u*

~~ KC, the Anime CAT of Awesomeness

Enelya

First Post
Kinetti said:
No you're not ... Orchid is!
*summons Orchid in a Sailor Moon-y suit, and she spins around w ith one of those wand thingamagigs. She shouts "Bolt... of... Glory!" and spins around in one of those cascading colorful anime sequence to launch a great glowing orb at some vampie... how about Ariel! bwa ha! wuv 'u*

~~ KC, the Anime CAT of Awesomeness

You're trying to steal my thunder. Stop it.

Kinetti

First Post
Tharivious said:
Err, aren't those the same thing? :heh:

of course not. kender are cute, cuddly, and bring me lots of pretty shiny things that people carelessly drop.
and if you don't believe me... *summons the evil sniper-kender Ivy!* she'll tell ya. bwa ha! she's especially cute an' cuddly *cackles madly, then ahems* but anyway... cute, cuddly, brings me shinies... yup!

~~ KC, the shiny-collectin' CAT. "see my new collar? shiny!"

Khaira

First Post
As best I can recall ... I've been doing this for about 10 or 11 years. That's LARGELY a guess/prediction based on mine and other peoples' memories and recollections. I'm really not entirely sure.

I, in fact, did stumble upon ISRP. I was being taught the basic, basic rules of AD&D by my brother-in-law when I came in. At that time, everything was still TSR-owned. Those sure were very enjoyable days - not to downtrod WotC or 3rd/3.5, mind you. Personal preference, and all that. Anyway, I was perusing the TSR website, until I came upon a chat site. Like any 11 year old kid who has little or nothing to do, I thought, "Hey! Cool!"

Starting out, it was iChat. The first moderator-type folks I remember are Ginger, Reesa, and Durst. That is to say, those are whom I *remember*.

I became interested because, at the ripe, young age of 10 or 11, I thought playing out characters in a chat room could be fun and I thought it'd help me better understand D&D. When I first came in, being a complete newbie, I created a screen name of "Thor", because I was infatuated by Norse mythologies, even then. Needless to say, and perhaps a little sadly, I was ignored by nearly everyone. I went through a number of other screen names, until Evander Sunstrike finally stuck. A charismatic dragon by the name of Draco was one of my major influences, as were Ren Scotson, Jaya Ballard, and a large number of others. There were simply WAY too many influences for me to name them all here...or remember them all.

I progressed through a number of storylines - the Defenders of the Shield, the Redeemers of Teht, the Viyach Lemarg and Edena's Alliance, and others which I simply cannot recall.

After Wizards took over, I largely retired from ISRP for 2 years, give or take. I came back to find out WotC was shutting everything down, calling it quits for ISRP. And here I still am. And damn ... I feel old. I guess I've been doing this for a long, long time.

Omigod. I can't pass this up. Oh no.

Like many of you have said before me, I've been at this a number of years. Too many to count. I came across TSR's ISRP about the same time Evander did... maybe a little before. It was back in the days of the original Tavern, back when TSRO's ruled the roost and took no prisoners. Kayly Ravenlock and her cousin? brother? Tyr were two of my first influences, along with the lovable Asnod (who wasn't a ghost back then), Ren Scotson, and certainly not least of all, Evander. Gods, those were the days. When it started out, it was just Draco, a copper dragon with no history, no background. Over the years, Draco grew and changed as I did. His scale color changed enough times to almost consider him a chameleon. And he was always -- always -- naive, as I'm sure a number of us First-Gen'ers can attest to (KC, I'm lookin' at you!).

Draco was involved in too many story plots, from his own hatched out of a book by Richard A. Knaak that I had read; to the rise and eventual fall of the Redeemers; through the era of the Defenders and of the Alliance, to the coming of the Viyach Lemarg... Draco was in the middle of nearly all of it, mostly by choice.

I also tried my hand at other characters, like Draco's wolven protector, Talon; the lioness Kiara; even Sailor Mars -- Rei Hino. But Draco was -- and still is -- my favorite to date.

I always said that the key to surviving ISRP was to have a lot of friends who knew Resurrection spells. ::chuckles:: I lived up to that pretty well, I think.

I've taken a rather major hiatus from the ISRP scene; one I need to end soon, as it's been way too long. I miss a lot of the people I used to RP with; I know many of them have moved on, but it's nice to see some familiar faces and hear some familiar names. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I needed it. :)

Kinetti

First Post
Yeah, Draco, you were makin' a good run for Asnod's record, weren't ya? Maybe Ivy'll open a special Draco-hide section in her Asnod-pelt shop :p
Better hurry, before Charm/Fatora beats ya to that record. hehe. she's been makin' a good play for it herself!

~~ KC, the record-keepin' CAT

Remove ads