Keep on the Shadowfell preview

pukunui

Legend
Darkwolf71 said:
I thought this was something they said would be incuded. Gonna be tricky for me to 'guess' at scaling for my 8 players. :(
I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to scale. The whole concept is that instead of matching up a party of adventurers with a single monster, like 3.x did, 4e matches up a party of adventurers with a party of monsters (and if you want to mix things up, you can swap a monster for lots of lower level ones or fewer higher level ones). So if you have 8 players, you just need to make sure that the encounters that are supposed to be a fair fight (as opposed to the ones that are supposed to be easy or hard) have enough monsters in them to "equal" a party of 8. Make sense?

Last edited:

CoarseDragon

First Post
Sorry if I missed this but is there a disclaimer in the book that says something like these feats/powers/skills may be changed in the real [PHB] 4th Ed.?

pukunui

Legend
CoarseDragon said:
Sorry if I missed this but is there a disclaimer in the book that says something like these feats/powers/skills may be changed in the real [PHB] 4th Ed.?
No, you're not allowed to change anything about the pregens. If you do, your copy of the adventure will spontaneously combust. ;)

Boarstorm

First Post
pukunui said:
No, you're not allowed to change anything about the pregens. If you do, your copy of the adventure will spontaneously combust. ;)

You miss the point, methinks. He's asking if there may be changes to the rules/powers/etc themselves -- as in, is the module using the completed ruleset, or something more akin to those used at D&D Experience.

Cirex

First Post
pukunui said:

I think you misunderstood him. I think what's he's asking is if there's a warning saying that powers, feats, skills, etc. may be different in the retail version.

Spatula

Explorer
lvl20dm said:
The most confusing thing for me was the Half-elf Cleric - I saw no evidence of any multiclassing despite the fact that Tira clearly did (with the Wizard power).
So, the half-elf warlock pregen probably had the wizard initiate feat.

pukunui

Legend
Boarstorm said:
You miss the point, methinks. He's asking if there may be changes to the rules/powers/etc themselves -- as in, is the module using the completed ruleset, or something more akin to those used at D&D Experience.
Cirex said:
I think you misunderstood him. I think what's he's asking is if there's a warning saying that powers, feats, skills, etc. may be different in the retail version.
Yes. Fair enough. My bad. Still funny though ...

Ashardalon

First Post
Something I forgot to ask - are there any references to the alignments lawful (without good or evil attached), chaotic (ditto), chaotic good, and/or lawful evil?

Shado

Explorer
Spatula said:
So, the half-elf warlock pregen probably had the wizard initiate feat.

Only if Half-elves start with a bonus feat, like humans.

Tira's 1st level feat is Action Surge.

Is it possible that our KotS Half-elven friend has a less obvious trait that's already factored into the numbers?

Remove ads