• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Rechan

Adventurer
LFK said:
This is probably a result of being Fighter(two-handed weapon) instead of Fighter(weapon and shield).
Aye.

In fact, I bet the "If they attack someone that isn't you, you get to smack them" might be the two handed option, instead of the sticky option.

Sojorn

First Post
LFK said:
This is probably a result of being Fighter(two-handed weapon) instead of Fighter(weapon and shield).
That would make a good deal of sense and was the first possibility that occurred to me.

But they also just might have changed the movement halting to a feat, gotten rid of it completely or any number of other things.

"HURRY UP JUNE!"

Shroomy

Adventurer
I visited one of our LGS's today and besides buying two near pristine copies of Dungeon 15 and 16 for $.50 each (Sweeeet!!!!!), I got to view Keep on the Shadowfell for an uninterrupted 10 minutes. Now, I didn't read it in-depth, but on first viewing, it seems very impressive. Some thoughts and impressions:

*While I didn't have major problems with the 3.5e delve format, I think that the 4e format is far superior. Instead of splitting the information up into two places, everything is integrated together, keeping the delve's strengths without interrupting readability.

*The format is two booklets, three mini-scale maps, all in a cardboard folder. My only problem with this format is the paperstock. Its more like a flimsy magazine, so durability may be an issue for some groups; the covers also seem like they may tear easier.

*There is a social skill challenge, though it doesn't really use the template previewed in the DMG excerpt.

*There are no new skills presented in the adventure's quick-play rules.

*There are no alignments that we haven't seen.

*The dominate condition allows the attacker to take control of its target for one round. They can only make the target use an at-will power.

pukunui

Legend
Shroomy said:
*While I didn't have major problems with the 3.5e delve format, I think that the 4e format is far superior. Instead of splitting the information up into two places, everything is integrated together, keeping the delve's strengths without interrupting readability.
Hallelujah! That's exactly what I was hoping they would do.

ZetaStriker

First Post
Shroomy said:
*The dominate condition allows the attacker to take control of its target for one round. They can only make the target use an at-will power.

I so want to see a badly injured, dominated Warlock Eyebite the party Cleric so he can't be found and healed before getting dropped next turn. XD

Shado

Explorer
ZetaStriker said:
I so want to see a badly injured, dominated Warlock Eyebite the party Cleric so he can't be found and healed before getting dropped next turn. XD

I don't believe the Cleric's Healing Word requires line of sight. Just needs to be within' 5 squares.

Remove ads