• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keeping the blade [OOC]

Question

First Post
lonesoldier said:
Right!

Grad was amazing, apparently I know how to dance. I haven't slept for the last 48 hours due to school. I'm currently wired on caffiene (Thank you Bawls). The chosen four will ... chosen ... tonight. I just need to get the last few things out of the way.

I guess none of my posts in this thread was read then? Or the emails that i sent you.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Question said:
I guess none of my posts in this thread was read then? Or the emails that i sent you.

I only saw one post, and email doesn't seem to work (I've send a few test ones to myself and never recieved them).

lonesoldier

First Post
Please excuse any spelling errors...

Question:
I only see one post as well, and I haven't recieved any email from EN World lately.

Everyone! Thank you for trying out. There were a ton of great ideas and choosing only four was not easy. Once I'm finished with school (about 4 weeks) I'll start another campaign.

The four players are: *drumroll*
wmasters
Shayuri
stonegod
Dog Moon

I'm not going to set a deadline for having your sheets in, get them done as soon as you can. I check EN World everyday (and sometimes from school) so I should be able to answer your question promptly.

Goodnight.

stonegod

Thanks! Should be fun.

So, we have:
Fighter/Soulknife: Front line, Sneaking
Hexblade: Ranged Support
Wizard/Alientist: Summoning (?) and Arcane Boomage (?)
Warlock: Also ranged support

So, no healing (Warlock w/ CLW wands ?), no direct door opening (oils or wands of knock). A little overlap between the ranged support roles, but the hexblade has some flexibility (can be a frontline as well).

Thoughts? Comments?

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm, I shall add a wand of healing to the inventory...perhaps even Lesser Restoration if I can scrape up the funds...

I also see Sigil being a good scouter/sniper sort. Not as stealthy as a rogue, but invisibility is a poor man's substitute... With Eldritch Spear, she can target foes well outside bow or even Medium spell range, with no range penalties and with a ranged touch. On up to three attacks per day, she can do the equivalent of 12d6 damage...good for assassinating lone sentries from a distance and so on.

In combat she can alternate between flying ranged attacks, wand-based healing, and even wading into melee to Devour enemy buffs.

wmasters

First Post
Summoning and boommage sounds about right. Combat tricks look like primarily summoning aliens, with fireballs, magic missiles and EBT to boot, with spells like Slow for good measure. Teleport and Dim Door should help with the sneaky element.

Couple of questions for character creation, firstly I'm looking at item crafting (assuming that's OK), so what XP are we starting with? I'm not expecting to burn huge amounts, but wonder if it'll drop me the level or not?

Also what do you want to do as far as additional spells learnt? I can do it as flat I've learnt these as a wizard and no more, or can buy scrolls and scribe them into my spellbook, or work from a list from you of spells that I've found. How do you prefer, lonesoldier?

I'm intending to pick up scrolls of spells like knock etc to help with any problems with missing a rogue, but traps may remain a problem. And I need to work out which schools I'm banning to be a conjurer.. always a tough choice.

stonegod

wmasters said:
Also what do you want to do as far as additional spells learnt? I can do it as flat I've learnt these as a wizard and no more, or can buy scrolls and scribe them into my spellbook, or work from a list from you of spells that I've found. How do you prefer, lonesoldier?
SRD states that it is usually 50 gp/spell level to get a spell in your book (not counting the 100/gp per page scribing cost).

wmasters said:
I'm intending to pick up scrolls of spells like knock etc to help with any problems with missing a rogue, but traps may remain a problem. And I need to work out which schools I'm banning to be a conjurer.. always a tough choice.
Unfortunately, the usual choices of Enchantment and Illusion could be useful. Necromancy and ...? Not sure.

Remove ads