Kholdstare's Scales of War 4E Campaign [Discussion] (FULL)

Theroc

First Post
So anything in the CB is okieday?(If not, please define Core, as Wizards is of the stance that 'Everything is Core', unless I've been misled.)

Hm... I kinda wanted to try the Battlemind build from Psionic Power, but that isn't in there, so hm... I'll see what other people want and see if I can come up with something that strikes my fancy based around other people's concepts.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Okay, well looks like we've got at least passing interest in defenders and leaders, so I'll stick with my ranger concept. I'll rough him up later in the day. I assume standard point buy, Scales of War backgrounds, etc.

Someone

Adventurer
Kholdstare, I wouldn't mind not playing, but if you can feel you can hande the extra load then great for me. Besides, it isn't a bad idea to start with a couple more players, so the Guy With Real Life Problems and the Guy Who Dissapears Without a Word don't halt the game.

I haven't decided what to play, but I'd like to keep things simple and probably would be a human Warlord or Rogue, depending on what the rest of he crew decides to go for.

Theroc

First Post
Considering a Dragonborn Paladin... not sure what build to use though. Also not sure whether I want Lay on Hands or something else.

drothgery

First Post
I don't think I'm going to go with the halfling paladin after all, mostly because the paladin's marking abilities are kind of fiddly for a PBP game, and I almost would have had to dump intelligence, which I hate doing. So here's a gnome swordmage instead.

[sblock=D&Di character sheet]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Breena, level 1
Gnome, Swordmage
Build: Shielding Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 20 Fort: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 13
HP: 35 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Intimidate +6, Endurance +7, History +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering, Heal, Insight, Nature, Perception, Religion +5, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery, Athletics -1

FEATS
Level 1: Intelligent Blademaster

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Lightning Lure
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Sword of Sigils
Swordmage daily 1: Dance of the Sword

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Short sword
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc/mechanics note]
The next rules update makes Rapier a military weapon (and so a weapon that Breena is proficient in). Since it's a strictly better weapon than the shortsword she's using now, I'd like to switch her weapon to a rapier. However, to get that to work in the character builder right now, I'd have to use the houserule functionality to give her the weapon proficiency (rapier) feat.
[/sblock]

[sblock=background]
"Are you sure about this?" The girl's mother said, holding her newborn in her arms.

"It's been a thousand years since both the Warrior and the Sorceress were full in the sky here in our mountains." The sage said. He wasn't old enough to remember that far back, but the old gnome was well over 300.

"Coincidence!" The girl's father said. "If a child of mine goes off having adventures, it will be because she wants to, not because of some fool prophecy."

"Mark my words, there's something special that little girl." The sage said.

Twenty-five years later, Breena agreed with her father. She studied sword magic because it was fun. And interesting. And it was always great to see the reaction from some oversized ruffian when he realized she was not bluffing about her abilities. She was a good sport about it, though. She always took their surrender if they offered it.

On the other hand, though, she did have a way of stumbling into interesting kinds of trouble.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Breena.dnd4e
    95.6 KB · Views: 81
  • RacesGnomeFemale.png
    RacesGnomeFemale.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kalven Skaarsgard
Human Ranger 1
[sblock=Character Sheet]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Kalven Skaarsgard, level 1
Human, Ranger
Fighting Style: Hunter Fighting Style
Ranger: Running Attack
Background: Silent Hunter (Silent Hunter Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 9.

AC: 16 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Nature +7, Heal +7, Endurance +5, Stealth +6, Perception +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +2, History, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Religion, Streetwise -1, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 1: Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Marauder's Rush
Ranger at-will 1: Hit and Run
Ranger at-will 1: Shield of Blades
Ranger encounter 1: Precise Assault
Ranger daily 1: Hunt's End

ITEMS
Bastard sword, Chainmail, Short sword, Handaxe, Adventurer's Kit
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]I loved my brother, but I never liked him. He was lazy and a drunk. He was a cheat and a liar, and never good enough at either to get away with it. But still, I should have been there. I should have been there when he died.

I don't know what happened that night. Dark things lurk out beyond the lights of our fires, and they're all too eager to make our acquaintance. So those of us with the nerve, those of us with the strength, those of us with the steel, we go out into the darkness and meet them first. That's where I was that night. When Arin Skaarsgard died with a knife in his back.

He was my brother. Above all else, he was my brother. Those who were with him in the tavern that night could tell me nothing useful. Their minds were clouded with drink, stupidity or perhaps fear. But the knife that killed my brother was not made in any village in the Northlands, even I knew that. The last caravan to the south left the morning before I returned from my hunt.

I followed the caravan south, but here my trail has run cold and my funds have run short. Now I do what I can, traveling, working, but always keeping one eye out for the man who killed my brother. I don't know what I'll do when I find him, but I will find him. I never liked my brother, but I loved him.[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance]
45646d1286119355-kholdstares-scales-war-d-d-4th-edition-campaign-discussion-full-kaledon2.jpg
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Kalven Skaarsgard.dnd4e
    104.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: This is my first concept, a Deva Avenger. I may come up with a few more and see which one I like best / what fits best with the others.

Vengeance, level 1
Deva, Avenger

Avenger's Censure: Censure of Retribution
Background: Traveling Missionary (Traveling Missionary Benefit)

ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 8.

[sblock=STARTING ABILITY SCORES]
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 8.[/sblock]

DEFENSES & HP
AC: 17 Fort: 11 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Heal +9, Perception +9, Religion +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +4, Athletics +0, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance, History +6, Insight +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +4, Stealth +1, Streetwise -1, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Battle Intuition

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Radiant Vengeance
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Retribution
Avenger encounter 1: Relentless Attack
Avenger daily 1: Temple of Light

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Greatsword, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20), Holy Symbol

Theroc

First Post
Hm... I hope no one minds if I experiment, since we have a larger party, I'd like to try out the assassin. I figure it won't hurt so much if I don't do so well initially until I get the hang of it. :p Will work him out either tonight or tomorrow.

Remove ads